Bodhi's Bake House - Gluten Free Cookies Lemon Shortbread - 5.2 oz. (150g)
Bodhi's Bake House Gluten Free Cookies Lemon Shortbread. Gluten Free Lemon Shortbread is part of the all new Bodhi’s range of cookies free of gluten, but not free of taste. These cookies are the perfect sweet treat for people who are sick of bland tasting gluten free products – everyone deserves to be able to treat themselves every now and then.
Cookies Lemon Shortbread Contains:
- No Gluten
- No Wheat
- No Preservatives
Gluten Free Lemon Shortbread is a mouth wateringly rich and true authentic shortbread taste with a soft and subtle lemon flavour.
Would you like to know why Bodhi's customers are healthier, less overweight, and in general live longer than people eating any other brand of bread?
You may be thinking, did Bodhi's Bake House discover the fountain of youth? No, I don't think so! However, what Bodhi's have done since 1981, is to become Australia's leading bakery in the field of producing bread that delivers a direct health benefit to you. After years of tirelessly working with the University of WA & their associated professors, Bodhi's have been able to deliver to their customers, what Bodhi's believe to be a product made in it's most natural possible form which also delivers the greatest amount of nutritional benefits.
What is "ultra healthy" ?
The bread you eat today (or have been eating), hardly resembles the bread that was eaten by their ancestors. Modern technology & advances in bio-chemistry have resulted in great "looking" products that unfortunately, have very little nutritional value left and are so over processed that it makes it very difficult for their bodies to digest.
you may now be asking........well is it important for their bodies to be able to digest the food we eat easily? The simple answer is yes.
If the food you eat is difficult to digest it means the body will use more energy to process it leaving you tired & drained, it will begin to store the excess and cause you to gain weight.
There are many reasons why people choose Bodhi's
- 1) It may be because you either have a keen interest to live healthy or want to change your lifestyle and eating habits.
- 2) It maybe because someone told you about their range of great tasting products, which have over time delivered a huge amount of nutritional benefits to their wellbeing....and now it is your turn to get yourself eating healthy.
- 3) It maybe because your doctor or naturopath told you .....now is the time you really need to have a good look at your diet and lifestyle.
- 4) It maybe because you are feeling Tired, Lethargic, Lacking in energy, and in general feeling as if you have lost the spring in your step.
Whatever the reason may be, you have made a conscious decision to be part of their ever growing group of customers with a keen interest in your personal health, foods rich in natural ingredients, organically produced breads or maybe even care about the environment & would like to make a small contribution through a change in lifestyle choices. Bodhi's Bakehouse is all of the above, but more than anything else, they know how to produce great tasting bread!
So, what's so different about their bread?
- Bodhi's not only claim their bread is 100% handcrafted - every one of their loaves is hand crafted by a Master Baker!
- Bodhi's only use 100% natural ingredients.
- Bodhi's use 100% certified organic ingredients in their organic range!
- Bodhi's grow their own natural sour dough cultures & yeasts - this took us years to perfect!
- Bodhi's use 100% sprouted whole grains!
- Bodhi's produce breads that delivers a direct, measured & tested health benefit (lupin, gluten free, low GI, wholegrain, organic)
- Bodhi's are the only bakehouse in Australia to have worked or is currently working with the University of WA & Curtain University.
- Bodhi's jointly develop products with various universities, which in turn, are tested in a controlled environment as to determine the various health benefits to the consumer.
- Bodhi's developed a world first LUPIN bread, lupin is considered the new "superfood". This bread has been proven, scientifically, to assist in weight loss.
- Bodhi's have a very small carbon foot print. The vast majority of their ingredients are shipped directly from the grower (farmer) to the bakehouse.
- Bodhi's Bakehouse is your number 1 choice when it comes to eating bread which not only tastes great, but also delivers direct health benefits to the consumer!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is Coeliacs Disease?
With Coeliacs Disease, the cells of the small bowel (intestine) are damaged. This causes the loss of the tiny, finger like projections, called villi, which line the inside of the normal bowel. The cells on normal villi are specialized so that they can break down and absorb nutrients in food. In Coeliac Disease these special cells are damaged and reduced in number. This leads to deficiencies in vitamins, iron, folic acid and calcium - due to the poor absorption of nutrients. Sugars, proteins & fats are often poorly absorbed as well.
2. What causes Coeliacs Disease?
Coeliacs are sensitive to gluten, which reacts with the small bowel lining, damaging it and causing loss of villi. The exact reason for this sensitivity & reaction to gluten is not known. Some believe Coeliacs are born with an enzyme deficiency (not yet identified) which causes abnormal breakdown of gluten and the accumulation of a toxic portion. Others think an abnormal immune body defense reaction to the "foreign" (non-human) gluten is responsible.
3. Is Coeliacs Disease hereditary?
Between 10 and 15% of all first degree relatives (parents, brothers, sisters or children) of known Coeliacs have the disease. If one identical twin is affected, the other twin is virtually certain to be affected also. So Coeliacs Disease certainly occurs in family groups and is probably inherited.
4. Can Coeliacs Disease be cured?
Coeliacs remain sensitive to gluten throughout their life so, in this sense, they are never cured. However, after the removal of gluten from their diet, children and most adults return to being perfectly normal. Older patients will often take longer to recover. Coeliacs will remain normal as long as they adhere to the diet.
5. How common is Coeliacs Disease?
This varies in different countries and among different races. The incidence is high in Ireland, fairly frequent in England & Australia, and lower in the USA. Although the exact frequency is not known, there are thousands of diagnosed Coeliacs in Australia.
6. How is Coeliacs Disease recognized?
The underlying abnormality is presumed to be present at birth, but recognizable problems cannot develop until gluten-containing solids are included in the infants diet. While damage to the bowel lining occurs whenever gluten is eaten, the effect on different Coeliacs varies markedly, making diagnosis very difficult. Some infants become rapidly & severely ill; other children develop problems slowly over 2 or 3 years. Many Coeliacs have few or no apparent problems during childhood, developing symptoms only during adult life. Family studies suggest that many Coeliacs in the community remain completely undetected.
7. What are the common symptoms of Coeliacs Disease?
Chronic diarrhea. - This may begin at any age and is often present for years prior to diagnosis in adults. It may first appear after other illnesses (eg gastroenteritis) or abdominal operations. Poor weight gain in infants & young children. Weight loss in older children & adults. Chronic anemia. - Iron or folic acid deficiency anemia are the most common. The anemia will either not respond to treatment or will recur after treatment until the correct diagnosis is made and the gluten-free diet is begun. Less common symptoms include: Easy bruising of the skin. Low blood calcium levels with muscle spasms in adults. Vitamin B deficiency.
8. Where can I find more information about Coeliacs Disease?
The Coeliac Society of WA has a website that contains lots of useful information.
9. What is Gluten?
Gluten is a protein found in Rye, Wheat, Oats, Barley, Triticale, Spelt & Kamut. This protein gives bread its structure or sponginess. The more gluten in a loaf the larger the holes or pockets of air & hence the lighter the texture of the bread.
10. Why is Gluten added to bread?
Flours vary in the quantity of gluten they contain, due to differing soils, climates & seasonal variations. Sometimes its necessary to add extra gluten in order to achieve consistency in loaf size.
11. Which grains contain Gluten?
Rye, Wheat, Oats, Barley, Triticale, Spelt & Kamut.
12. What types of products do Bodhi's make to cater for people wishing to avoid gluten?
We make gluten free breads, rolls, bread mixes, cookies & pizza bases. You can find more information about them here.
About Bodhi's Bake House
Today Bodhi's carry on with the vision of their founders who in 1981 realized a need to produce a product with real nutritional benefits. Their vision is clearly demonstrated today in everything they produce. Their breads, flour, home bake bread mixes, and Lupin cookies have all become the new superfood for their bodies in order to Look Younger, Live longer, and in general be Healthier than anyone eating any other brand of bread on the market today.