Nutrition Now Rhino FOS & Acidophilus Powder
Helps support children’s good bacteria levels. A great-tasting, powder for children 1 year old and older. Louis Pasteur discovered pasteurization, the method of heating milk to kill harmful bacteria. Years later at the pasteurization institute, Elie Metchnikoff researched and discovered the health-promoting capabilities of lactobacillus bacteria when he observed that people who ate yogurt tended to live longer.
Probiotic supplements can reintroduce beneficial bacteria into the system. Important benefits of probiotic supplementation can include:
- Keeping constipation and diarrhea under control.*
- Counteracting lactose intolerance by its association with lactase.*
- Reduction of bad breath.*
- Reduction of internal gas.*
- Cholesterol control by promoting normal absorption of dietary fats.*
- Suppression of candida yeast.*
- Suppression of a number of intestinal disorders.*
- Prevention of intestinal contamination from infectious organisms common in some foreign countries.*
More than 400 different kinds of bacteria live in our gastrointestinal tract. The body depends on beneficial bacteria to manufacture B vitamins as well as to produce lactase and other antibacterial substances.
Commercial food processing procedures often destroy viable beneficial organisms, making it difficult for the body to maintain good intestinal flora. Even the majority of yogurt products no longer contain a viable acidophilus culture. Preservatives, additives, high-fat diets, alcohol, birth control pills, and stress can all result in poor intestinal flora. Antibiotic drugs are especially damaging to intestinal flora and kill all kinds of bacteria, both good and bad. The effects of antibiotic use on intestinal flora can last for weeks even after the drug is discontinued; often leading to yeast overgrowth, chronic infections, poor digestion, fatigue or allergies.