Ultima Health Products - Ultima Replenisher Balanced Electrolyte Powder Drink Raspberry - 30 Packet(s) (4.4 g. per packet)
Ultima Health Products Ultima Replenisher Balanced Electrolyte Powder Drink Raspberry comes in handy single serving stick packs for on-the-go hydration. Ultima Replenisher contains a perfect balance of all 6 electrolytes plus support minerals that work together to provide complete hydration without upsetting your stomach so you can feel and perform your best. Ultima Replenisher is sweetened with stevia leaf and made with real fruit flavors that taste delicious. They’ve also added cranberry extract to this formula as an antioxidant source. Vitamin C (calcium ascorbate) supports a healthy immune system, protects the cells from oxidative stress and contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue. Ultima Replenisher is vegan, gluten free and 100% awesome.
Ultima Replenisher contains:
- Calcium - to support muscle contraction and nerve function.
- Phosphorus - to deliver oxygen to muscles.
- Selenium - as an antioxidant support.
- Zinc - for recovery and neuron support.
- Magnesium - for preventing muscle cramps.
- Potassium - for cardiac muscle support.
- Sodium - for muscle contraction and nerve function.
- Chloride - for osmotic pressure support.
Contains No: Caffeine, Added Sugar, Artificial Flavors or Colors.
Ultima Replenisher is vegan, gluten free, non-GMO and contains real fruit flavors.
Zero Sugar. Zero Artificial.
A delicious and refreshing drink for total hydration with all six electrolytes plus support minerals. Perfect before, during or after exercise.
Leading an active lifestyle means you’re always finding new, fun ways to sweat. You know you need to replenish electrolytes in your body when you sweat during activity, but did you ever wonder what they do exactly? Well, they're glad you asked!
What are Electrolytes?
Electrolytes are minerals that carry an electrical charge. They have an impact on how your muscles function, how alkaline your blood is, and how much water you have in your body. They are key components in many bodily functions and as an athlete or fitness enthusiast it is critically important to make sure you have an adequate supply of them in your body for optimum performance. Cramping is a sign that your body is already dangerously low on electrolytes. It’s important to make sure your body has a readily available supply of electrolytes so it can perform at its best. Which is why it is best to consume electrolytes in a consistent manner so you go into your workout or training session adequately hydrated.
You might ask “Why can’t I just subsist on water alone?” Excessive water consumption without electrolyte supplementation will actually cause a dilution and, potentially, depletion of electrolytes called hyponatremia. If you never take in any electrolytes but drink a ton of water, you run the risk of water intoxication. Water intoxication occurs when the balance of electrolytes in the body is outside of a safe range, and it can be very dangerous. Even if that weren’t a risk, electrolytes play a major role in the body and you need them for proper function.
All Six Electrolytes
There are six (6) chelated minerals that make up Ultima Replenisher’s balanced electrolyte mix:
- Calcium: You might recognize this as something that is associated with bone health. That is true, however, this tremendous mineral does a lot more! It has a role in muscle stimulation and regular heartbeat. It is also extremely important for nerve transmission, muscle growth and powerful muscle contractions. Calcium deficiency can result in muscle cramps: something that can kill your performance in the gym or on the field.
- Chloride: This electrolyte helps to keep the tendons and joints healthy, but it also helps to regulate the balance of acid and alkali in the blood. Without enough chloride, you might suffer from poor muscle contractions and difficulty digesting.
- Magnesium: Magnesium helps convert glucose to energy. It also helps to metabolize fat. It is necessary in order for the muscles to function correctly, but it also helps the body to properly use other vitamins and minerals. Magnesium deficiency is unfortunately very common and low levels can affect your mood and sense of well-being. Magnesium is extremely important for female athletes, since it can help alleviate signs of PMS.
- Phosphorus: This is used in nerve signaling, heartbeat and is needed for the growth, maintenance and repair of cells and tissues. Phosphorous helps the body to make ATP, and those of you who are really into fitness know that you can’t perform your best without plenty of ATP on hand.
- Potassium: Potassium plays a part in how nerves transmit and muscles contract. It helps to regulate water balance in the body. You lose potassium when you sweat, so athletes need more than the average person.
- Sodium: Sodium is very important, but the American diet is typically very high in sodium in general. If you have too much sodium it can actually cause you to lose a lot of potassium in the urine, so don’t go eating a lot of junk foods high in sodium! When used appropriately, sodium works with potassium to help muscle expansion and contraction.
It would be pretty much impossible to achieve peak performance without electrolytes. In addition to their individual roles, they often work in harmony with vitamins and other minerals in the body to keep you feeling good and performing at your best. Ultima Replenisher contains a perfect balance of all 6 electrolytes plus support minerals that work together to provide complete hydration.Hydration
There is often confusion about hydration and what your body needs. Different body types have different hydration needs, so it is always best to listen to your body and become aware of some of the basics. Here, Ultima Replenisher has listed the top hydration facts to help you find what works best for you.Hydration Tips
- Know How Much to Drink: Drink 400 to 600 ml of water a half hour prior to activity. You need to start to hydrate before you actually engage in any activities, otherwise you might be starting out dehydrated (particularly if your games/activities are in the morning).
- Know When to Drink: Have lots of fluid during the early stages of practice and competition. You will absorb water better during this time.
- Electrolytes: After an hour of relatively intense activity, you will need electrolytes. At that point in time, you need to replace the minerals you have lost through sweat. If you are a heavy sweater, or you lose a lot of salt when you sweat, you’ll see white marks all over your shirt after engaging in intense activity. Pick only a high quality electrolyte like Ultima Replenisher. Many low-quality sports drinks are essentially high fructose corn syrup and dyes and are not advisable for optimal performance.
- Know What to Avoid: Stay away from caffeine. Caffeine is a diuretic and can actually dehydrate you. There was once an athlete who consumed sports drinks all day during a tournament and ended up in the hospital with heat exhaustion. How? The sports drink contained stimulants and herbs that were not labeled and she was basically ingesting massive amounts of caffeine the whole time. Stay away from any products where you don’t know the ingredients. If you are a collegiate athlete, some of the herbs in these products can even make you test positive for drugs in a typical NCAA screening. Stick with the natural ingredients in Ultima Replenisher.
- Fun and Games: Keep in mind that even when you are swimming, you still need to hydrate. Many people get sick at pool parties because they don’t feel hot when spending all that time in the pool, yet they are not putting fluids inside the body. This can be compounded if you are old enough to have alcoholic beverages since these are also dehydrating.
Why Do I Need Electrolytes?
As an athlete or fitness enthusiast, you might be wondering why there is so much hype surrounding electrolytes. “Why can’t I just subsist on water alone?” you might ask. Electrolytes are minerals that carry an electrical charge. They have an impact on how your muscles function, how alkaline your blood is, and how much water you have in your body. In addition to their individual roles, electrolytes often work in harmony with vitamins and other minerals in the body to keep you feeling good and performing at your best.
It would be pretty much impossible to achieve peak performance without proper hydration with balanced electrolytes so pay special attention to your individual hydration needs to stay healthy! Ultima Replenisher contains a perfect balance of all 6 electrolytes plus support minerals for optimal hydration, plus it has no sugar, nothing artificial, no dyes, is non-GMO, made with real fruit flavors, vegan and delicious!
Ultima Health Products Frequently Asked Questions
What is Ultima Replenisher?
Ultima Replenisher is an advanced, balanced electrolyte drink. Optimal hydration requires a good balance of the macro and micro-essential electrolytes in the human body. Ultima provides these essential electrolytes roughly in proportion to what is lost in human perspiration. Electrolytes are most readily absorbed when consumed with a proper amount and type of carbohydrate. With no carbohydrates, the absorption of electrolytes is very low. With a large amount of carbohydrates, absorption is slowed by a long digestion process. Ultima Health believes that by minimizing carbs, and using only complex carbs (rather than simple sugar) the absorption of electrolytes is quick and effective.
Does Ultima contain soy, gluten, MSG, stimulants, sugar or any artificial ingredients?
For hot yoga, how much is too much?
Ultima is very low in carbs and contains no sugar. So from a calorie standpoint, you can drink as much as you desire. Ultima contains a balance of electrolytes similar to fruits or vegetables, without an excess of any one electrolyte. So again, Ultima can be consumed as desired.
What are electrolytes and why are they so important?
The word "electrolyte" is derived from words meaning "carry" and "energy". Electrolytes are minerals found in the healthiest foods you can eat, such as fruit and vegetables. The main electrolytes include the macro-essential electrolytes: calcium, chloride, magnesium, potassium and sodium, and the micro-essential electrolytes: selenium, zinc and phosphorus. These minerals, when used in proper ratios, can be utilized by the body systems to control blood flow and oxygen utilization, which thus keeps your cells healthy and muscles strong and loose. Ultima's formula focuses on providing all of the electrolytes in correct and useable ratios. Hydration depends on electrolytes and the best way to stay hydrated is to make certain you get electrolytes.
How can someone tell if they are dehydrated and need electrolytes?
Symptoms of dehydration include headaches, fatigue, leg cramps, sluggishness, even hunger (what often appears as hunger is the body signaling for hydration). Jet lag is a symptom of dehydration and so is a hangover. Each of these symptoms can be treated by using Ultima Replenisher, the balanced electrolyte drink.
When do people use electrolytes?
Awake or asleep, your body uses electrolytes. When exercising or in the heat, you use more electrolytes. Flying, hiking, and mental activity, such as an exam or clinic requires electrolytes. Signs of dehydration include headaches, leg cramps, and sluggishness.
Who is Ultima Replenisher good for?
Ultima shows up almost everywhere you can imagine: in clinics at hospitals, holistic health centers, yoga studios, marathon and triathlon courses, major league dugouts, military base camps, mountain-tops and youth sports fields, school luncheonettes and retirement homes. They are also associated with some of the toughest athletic events in the world. Ultima Replenisher is a wonderful alternative to soda for kids of all ages, moms and dads, hikers and skiers, pilots and passengers, road warriors and road trippers, conductors and long-haul truckers, travelers and those bed-ridden, dieters and diabetics, seniors and teenagers, pregnant women (before, during and after labor) celiacs, those with Crohn's or colitis or most any other G.I. issue, vegetarians and vegans, plus people with colds, diarrhea and the flu. Whew!
Does Ultima Replenisher have any artificial colors, flavors or sweeteners?
No. It is very important to them that they use no artificial colors, flavors or sweeteners. They also do not use any stimulants (like caffeine) and their products are all gluten free, vegan and use only 100% non-GMO ingredients.
How do you make Ultima?
Pretty simple: just add water. But a couple of tips: The serving size is 8 - 12 ounces. One Ultima packet or one Ultima scoop (equal to a teaspoon) makes a serving. Ultima can be served hot or cold.
What is the Ultima Kids Formula?
Ultima Kids Formula includes all the great stuff in regular Ultima, just lighter. So kids from ages 1 to 4 can rehydrate and recharge electrolytes with a great tasting drink perfect for the sippy cup set. Think of Ultima Kids Formula as an everyday drink after play dates or pre-school. But also when fever, cold, vomiting or diarrhea causes dehydration. For children under 1 year, consult your physician.
What if someone is used to drinking a high carb drink? Don't they need carbs for energy?
The principal purpose of Ultima Replenisher is to provide rapid hydration and balanced amounts of electrolytes critical to performance. Ultima is a low carbohydrate drink for a reason. Carbs are great for energy and they recommend getting your carbohydrates from food. The problem with carbs in a drink is sugar, which requires digestion and this takes both time and energy. Ultima's absorption rate is fast because of its low carbohydrate formula.
What are the artificial ingredients to look out for?
Popular artificial ingredients in sports drinks include sucralose, acesulfame potassium, aspartame, the dyes, like yellow number 5 and blue number 1, as well as a wide array of artificial flavors.
What is non-GMO maltodextrin?
The ‘good’ maltodextrin found in Ultima Replenisher is different from the maltodextrin found in many foods, soda and sports drinks. Theirs comes from non-GMO rice grown in Wisconsin. It is a complex carbohydrate with chained molecules. Users benefit from low osmolarity, complete solubility and easy digestion. A small amount of carbohydrate enhances rapid digestion in the stomach and is critical for the small intestine’s absorption of nutrients like calcium, chromium, magnesium, potassium, sodium, selenium, zinc and phosphorus. Too many carbs slow the process, but no carbs prevents this vital process from happening at all. The amount of carbs in Ultima creates the correct balance.
What is Stevia?
Stevia is an intensely sweet ingredient extract from the leaves of a plant grown and used in Latin America for centuries. It is now found in many drinks in many different categories, but they use only the water-extracted leaf extract.
Call them health nuts.
At Ultima Replenisher, they are passionate about providing you with the best and most complete hydration product in the world. They believe too many drinks are loaded with sugar, too much salt and/or an array of artificial colors, dyes and preservatives. Ultima’s combination of balanced electrolytes allows for rapid re-hydration without blood sugar spikes or stomach upset so you can feel and perform your best.
Naturally chelated potassium aspartate. Potassium is a key electrolyte. They also use potassium phosphate, salts of potassium and phosphorus ions.
Magnesium citrate and magnesium aspartate. They use two very absorbable forms of magnesium as it is a vital electrolyte to prevent cramps and fatigue.
Chloride as sodium chloride. Chloride is an essential electrolyte critically needed for the overall balance of body fluids.
They use calcium citrate and calcium ascorbate which are very absorbable forms of calcium. Calcium is a key electrolyte necessary for the bones and body function.
Selenium as amino acid chelate. Ultima uses a bio-available chelate form of selenium. Selenium helps protect cells from free-radicals.
Zinc is a vital trace mineral. It is an electrolyte that most formulas leave out due to cost. It is critical for cell health and body function and a “go-to” for many to fight a common cold.
Phosphorus as potassium phosphate. As the second most abundant mineral in the body after calcium, phosphorus is good for the bones and teeth and present in every muscle cell as well as the body’s fluids.
Sodium chloride. Many sports drinks contain a great deal of sodium and use it as a preservative. Their formulation is similar to real food like oranges and bananas.
Copper as copper citrate. Copper is a trace mineral that the body needs in very small amounts. Copper is important for bone and cartilage strength.
Manganese as manganese citrate. Manganese is a trace mineral needed for bone, skin and cartilage.
Molybdenum as sodium molybdate. Molybdenum is a trace mineral needed for enzyme-dependent processes.
Chromium as chromium dinicotinate glycinate. Chromium is an important mineral in mantaining the body’s blood sugar levels.
Silica is a mineral that is important for the health of fast growing tissue like hair and nails.
They use real fruit extracted vitamin C from cili fruit, one of the most vitamin C dense fruits in the world. They also use the mineral calcium ascorbate, which is a buffered form of vitamin C.
Maltodextrin is a complex carb. They use non-GMO corn for all of their flavors. The Maltodextrin is their main carb source and they use very little to reduce glycemic load.
Stevia Leaf Extract
They use water extracted stevia leaf as their sweetener. Using a water extraction process ensures a cleaner taste versus a harsh alcohol extraction process. Not only is the stevia plant a great source of nutrients, but it is also very sweet and has no calories.
Grape Skin Extract
Grape Skin Extract provides the color for their most popular flavor, grape. Grape skin extract is an antioxidant rich in polyphenols and anthocyanins, powerful antioxidants that protect the body’s cells.
Cranberry Fruit Extract
Cranberry fruit extract provides color for their raspberry flavor. Cranberry is a fruit with strong antioxidant powers.
Tartaric acid comes naturally from grapes and is present in their grape flavor.
Ultima uses completely natural flavors – real oranges, lemons, real grape and real raspberries – to achieve their wonderfully refreshing taste. Look for specs of orange and cherry in those flavors. They are the real thing.
Luo Han Guo
Luo Han Guo is a natural fruit extract that they add to help complement the sweetness of stevia leaf and contributes to the flavor in each formula.
Citrus Fruit Blend
One can see specs of orange peel in their orange flavor. This is part of the citrus fruit blend added for color in their orange flavor and also contributing antioxidants as well as nutrients including quercetin, rutin and hesperedin.
Citric Acid comes naturally from oranges, lemons, raspberries and other fruits and is present in their orange, lemon and raspberry formulas, but not in their grape formula.
They add color from beets to the raspberry and orange flavors.
Malic Acid comes naturally from fruit and is present in their raspberry flavor.
Beta Carotene comes from fruits and vegetables that are orange in color. Thus, beta-carotene is present in their orange flavor
About Ultima Health Products
The search for the perfect hydration drink: delicious, healthy and effective.
Ultima Health Products was founded by a passionate nutritionist-long distance runner who created Ultima for the United States Track & Field athletes participating in the 1996 Olympic Games in Atlanta. Top runners like Bob Kennedy (5000 Meters) and Mark Coogan (Marathon) kept hydrated on an Ultima mix that was dense with vitamins and minerals. However, effective as a hydration drink, early Ultima was admittedly lacking in taste appeal. “Liquid dirt!” joked some of the athletes. Subsequent formulations lightened the vitamin content along with numerous improvements in the taste profile with all natural, real fruit flavors.
Today’s Ultima Replenisher is formulated for the whole family: everyone from the youngest toddlers (with their very own kids formula) to seniors (who are surprisingly prone to dehydration).
While improvement in taste and hydration are ongoing, some principles never change at Ultima:
- No High Fructose Corn Syrup Ever - Never, ever will they add unnecessary calories, especially from high fructose corn syrup. The American diet is loaded with sugar already. Ultima is sweetened with stevia leaf.
- Nothing Artificial - They are currently seeking Non-GMO Project verification. Their flavors and colors come from real fruit and vegetables that not only taste great, but provide anti-oxidant benefits as well.
- 6 Balanced Electrolytes & Support Minerals - Despite popular beliefs, sodium is not the only electrolyte critical to hydration and performance. Potassium, Magnesium, Chloride, Calcium, Selenium, Phosphorus and Zinc all play roles in the amazing electrical dance that helps the brain communicate with muscles and for muscles to properly perform. All 6 electrolytes are present and balanced in Ultima. Other companies may add to their product mixes all kinds of different protein, tea, smoothie or vitamin properties. At Ultima, they remain constant in their quest to be the best tasting and most effective hydration drink in the world.