Solgar - Biotin Super Potency 5000 mcg. - 50 Vegetarian Capsules
Super-Potent Protection, Inside and Out!Also known as Vitamin H or Vitamin B7, Biotin is a water-soluble B vitamin that is known to help promote healthy skin, nails and hair, and is necessary for certain enzymes to work properly. Biotin also supports energy metabolism in your body and is required for protein, carbohydrate, and fat metabolism. It is also known to support the health of your nerves, digestive tract, and cells. Solgar Enhanced Potency Biotin provides you with a whopping 1,000 mcg of Biotin in each single-tablet dose to help you maintain proper metabolism and healthy-looking skin, hair, and nails!
Biotin Dietary Sources
The best food sources of Biotin include organ meats, egg yolks, fish, chicken, seeds, nuts, and some vegetables, like sweet potatoes. Signs of deficiency can include thinning hair and hair loss, scaly red rash around your eyes, nose, mouth, and perineum, skin infections, brittle nails, lethargy, depression, and more.
Who’s at Risk for Deficiency?
According to the National Institutes of Health, people at highest risk for Biotin deficiency include people with a rare disorder called biotinidase deficiency, as well as alcoholics, because alcohol inhibits absorption of Biotin in your body. Also at risk are pregnant and breastfeeding women because plasma and breastmilk concentrations of Biotin decrease in lactating women, even when their dietary Biotin intakes exceed recommended levels; this is important because Biotin intake during pregnancy is crucial to embryonic development.
Strengthen Your Nails
The National Institutes of Health reports that most people can get adequate Biotin through healthy diets. But if you consume a diet low in Biotin and have trouble with soft or brittle nails, Solgar’s Super Potency Biotin may be able to help. In one study, Biotin supplementation was shown to increase nail thickness by about 25%, while another showed that 63% of participants who took 2.5 mg/day of Biotin for 6-15 months experienced clinical improvement in nail quality.
Address Hair Thinning or Loss
Hair loss isn’t just about men. The American Hair Loss Association reports that about 40% of women experience visible temporary hair thinning by middle age – and healthy hair is an indicator of your overall health. Each dose of Solgar Super Potency Biotin provides you with 5,000 mcg of Biotin to help you fill the gaps – especially if you are already experiencing hair thinning or loss.
Protect Your Skin
Your skin quality and health are direct reflections on your overall health. If your skin is dull or you experience rashes, face discoloring, dry, itchy or red skin, or even pink eye, a Biotin supplement like Solgar Super Potency Biotin may help. It has been called the “beauty vitamin” for its metabolic function, including breaking down and distributing fatty acids. The results include a healthy glow to your skin, which, in turn, helps protect your skin from water loss and harmful ultraviolet rays from the sun. Order Solgar Super Potency Biotin from LuckyVitamin.com today!
Biotin is a water-soluble B-vitamin. It helps to promote healthy skin, nails and hair, and is necessary for certain enzymes to work properly. Biotin also supports energy production in the body, and is required for protein, carbohydrate, and fat metabolism
- No Wheat
- No Dairy
- No Soy
- No Yeast
- No Sugar
- No Sodium
- No Artificial Flavor
- No Sweetener
- No Preservatives
- No Color
Solgar's Commitment to Excellence
Solgar has been innovating and producing fine quality nutritional supplements since 1947. Their ongoing mission is to provide consumers with top-quality, innovative, science-based nutritional supplements to support total health and well-being. They are committed to exclusively distributing products in the natural products industry where knowledgeable retailers worldwide can guide consumers through the vast array of choices.
Solgar's Global Manufacturing
Solgar's state-of-the-art manufacturing facility, located in Leonia, New Jersey, meets the highest standard for machinery, procedures, and quality control. This enables them to provide their customers with the highest quality products possible. With their own manufacturing, laboratory, and distribution facilities, Solgar ensures quality throughout the entire process.
The Solgar Gold Standard
Solgar has been manufacturing fine quality nutritional supplements for over 60 years in an industry that is constantly evolving. Throughout these changes, they have never lost sight of their original mission - to provide consumers with the highest quality nutritional products and information to help promote optimal health. Their attention to detail from manufacturing through distribution has enabled them to set, maintain, and continually raise the Gold Standard for quality nutritional supplements, education, and service.
- Researched, Science-Based Products: Solgar is known globally for producing innovative, science-based, efficacious products. All Solgar products have been thoroughly researched by their R & D department. They have a team of experts dedicated exclusively to research.
- State-of-the-Art Manufacturing:Solgar's state-of-the-art manufacturing facility meets the highest standard for machinery, procedures, and quality control. This enables them to provide customers with the best quality products possible. With their own manufacturing, laboratory, and distribution facilities, Solgar ensures quality throughout the entire process.
- Quality Control:Solgar has high standards for quality. They have a rigorous quality control system in place to test products at multiple stages - from raw material to finished product. All materials coming into their facility are subject to stringent tests to ensure they are the highest quality; any that don't meet their standards are rejected and sent back to suppliers. Solgar has its own on-site Quality Laboratory that ensures that each product leaving the door meets their Gold Standard for excellence. They don't just do one test on their products. They do many.
- USP Water Purification System:Solgar invested over $1 million in a state-of-the-art USP reverse osmosis water purification system - widely considered the finest type of filtration available. This isn't required by Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), but the Solgar Gold Standard requires that they have the best system possible.
- HEPA Air Filtration System:Air that circulates through the Solgar facility passes through a bank of HEPA filters that remove 99.9% of airborne particulates. Both air and water samples are routinely tested in Solgar's in-house laboratory.
- Cleanliness:Solgar uses food-grade cleaners to sanitize their equipment between batches. They disassemble and clean all of their machinery after each formula change. In some cases, the equipment is broken down into hundreds of parts and may take up to eight hours to clean and reassemble. Walls, floors, and other surfaces are also cleaned before a manufacturing suite is used for another formula.
- Gluten Free:Most Solgar products are gluten free.
- Kosher Certified: Solgar selected KOF-K Kosher Supervision, an international organization that follows the strictest laws of the kosher observance, to certify their products.
- Halal Certified:Solgar chose the Halal Food Authority (HFA), a U.K.-based organization that adheres to the strictest laws of Halal, to certify their products.
- Aqueous Coated Tablets:Solgar was one of the first in the natural products industry to integrate a natural, water-based coating for all of their coated-tablet products as an alternative to using the more common solvent-based coating agent shellac (also known as pharmaceutical glaze). This natural coating improves disintegration and dissolution, providing better absorption of the nutrients.
- Recyclable Amber Glass Bottles:Their recyclable glass bottles are non-leaching, non-porous, and odorless. Although these "old style" medicine bottles cost more, Solgar uses them because they protect against heat, light, and moisture.
- Exclusive Distribution: Their specialty market demands innovative products that are unique and available in brands exclusive to their class of trade. Solgar is committed to distributing their products through fine health food retailers across the globe where customers can find the best products along with the best nutritional advice about them. Solgar's finished products are distributed from our own global distribution centers. This is another way they ensure the integrity of their products.
- Globally Recognized: Solgar is distributed throughout the world in over 60 different countries, with affiliate offices in the U.K., Spain, South Africa, and New Zealand.