Tom's of Maine Natural Cleansing Mouthwash Spearmint 16 oz. (473 mL)
Tom's of Maine Natural Cleansing Mouthwash Spearmint is an alcohol and saccharin-free natural mouthwash with uses aloe vera to soothe, and pure essential oils for refreshing flavor. Get the clean fresh breath you want without the alcohol or artificial sweeteners you don't want. Fresh breath ... naturally ... now that's fresh thinking!
Are you concerned about the ingredients that go into the products you buy? Tom's of Maine is too — and they want to share as much detail as possible with you, so that you can feel comfortable choosing Tom's. That's why they share every ingredient, its purpose, and its source.
|Aloe Vera Leaf Juice
||Aloe (Aloe barbadensis) plant|
||Dispersion of Flavor Oils
||Processed from natural gas and oil|
||Leaves of the spearmint herb|
||Brazilian Cornmint (Mentha arvensis) Oil|
|Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)
||Corn (Zea mays)|
Here are the things that Tom's of Maine does not put in their products:
- Animal ingredients: Tom's of Maine's support of non-animal-testing models also includes the belief that they don't need to use animal ingredients to create effective products. Just one example: glycerin, used in toothpastes and soaps, is often made from animal ingredients, but theirs is vegetable-based.
- Artificial colorants:Because Tom's does not add artificial colorants, the appearance of their products may vary from batch to batch.
- Artificial flavorings or scents:Tom's of Maine does not use any synthetic flavors, colorants, or scents. The customers that Tom's caters to prefer the fresh, natural taste and smell of herbs, fruits, and flowers (or no scent at all!).
- Artificial preservatives (EDTA, formaldehyde, parabens, etc.): Natural preservatives work as well or better than artificial alternatives. For example, they use rosemary to help guard freshness in their soaps.
- Ethylene glycol:Ethylene glycol can be found in hair care products and facial/body washes as a fragrance ingredient, a solvent, and as an aid in controlling viscosity. Tom's of Maine uses water and ingredients derived from corn, coconut and palm kernel oils, and sea salt to control consistency in Tom's body washes, and natural fragrances in all of Tom's products.
- Gluten:Aside from Tom's of Maine liquid hand soap and body wash, which contain wheat protein, all other Tom's of Maine products are gluten-free. They do not use alcohol, casein or caseinate, MSG, wheat, oats, barley, rye, malt, spelt, kamut, HPP, or HVP. None of their flavor oils are grain-distilled. Tom's does not use flour of any kind in their manufacturing process for conveyor belts or for any other purpose, and their containers are not dusted with flour before filling.
- Grapefruit seed extract:Studies have shown that natural preparations of this ingredient do not show antimicrobial activity; instead, it is commercial preparations that include synthetic antimicrobials or preservatives that show antimicrobial activity due to those artificial ingredients. Tom's instead uses hops for their natural antimicrobial action in their deodorants. (Armando, C., Maythe, S., Beatriz, N. P. Antioxidant activity of grapefruit seed extract on vegetable oils. Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture 1997 Dec:77(4):463-467.)
- Parabens:Parabens are used as fragrance ingredients or as preservatives. Tom's of Maine relies instead on natural preservatives and ingredients.
- Peroxides:Tom's of Maine does not use bleach or peroxide in our whitening toothpastes; instead they use silica from sand to clean your teeth and create a whiter appearance.
- Phthalates:Phthalates are used to improve the performance of some personal care/cosmetic products (for example, to fix fragrance in a formula), but Tom's of Maine has always avoided this class of ingredient.
- Saccharin or other artificial sweeteners: Many conventional toothpastes contain artificial sweeteners; Tom's customers prefer a less-sweet natural flavor. Tom's of Maine uses natural sweeteners such as xylitol and rely on the naturally delicious tastes of fruits and herbs to flavor our toothpastes.
- Triclosan:Tom's of Maine relies on naturally sourced zinc.
What makes a product good? At Tom's, it includes how they make it:
- No animal testing or animal ingredients.
- No artificial colors, flavors, fragrance or preservatives.
- They share every ingredient, its purpose and its source.
- Sustainable practices are a priority in every aspect of their business.
- Tom's Of Maine strives to maximize recycled content and recyclability of their packaging.
- 5% (12 days) of employee time to volunteering. 10% of profits to human and environmental goodness.