Sun Pharma - Ferrous Sulfate Film Coated Green Tablets 325 mg. - 100 Tablets
Sun Pharma Ferrous Sulfate tablets contain 65 mg of elemental iron for iron deficiency and iron deficiency anemia when such therapy has been recommended by a physician. Ferrous sulfate is a type of iron. You normally get iron from the foods you eat. In your body, iron becomes a part of your hemoglobin and myoglobin. Hemoglobin carries oxygen through your blood to tissues and organs. Myoglobin helps your muscle cells store oxygen. Ferrous Sulfate is an essential body mineral. Ferrous sulfate is used to treat iron deficiency anemia (a lack of red blood cells caused by having too little iron in the body).
Why iron is important
Iron is essential for healthy red blood cells. Iron is part of the hemoglobin molecule that gives red blood cells their color. When oxygen moves from your lungs into the blood, iron helps your red blood cells to pick up the oxygen and to carry it to all parts of your body. You may not notice it right away, but after living some time with low iron in your blood, you may feel tired, weak, and irritable.
Iron deficiency means that you have low iron levels in your blood. Iron deficiency is a serious condition.
- Iron deficiency can cause fatigue that interferes with your daily routine.
- People with iron deficiency often have trouble concentrating or remembering things.
- Iron deficiency can lead to irregular heartbeats, chest pain, and even a heart attack.
- Mothers with iron deficiency often give birth to underweight or preterm babies.
Common causes of iron deficiency anemia
Iron deficiency anemia can be caused by anything that puts unusual demands on the body’s iron stores. Sometimes it is caused by an exceptional blood loss, but at other times it can be the result of the body’s need for iron for other purposes. Some of the most common causes include:
- Menstruation - Women of childbearing age are at increased risk for iron-deficiency anemia because of blood loss during their monthly periods. About 1 in 5 women of childbearing age has iron-deficiency anemia.
- Pregnancy - Your iron requirements go up significantly when you're pregnant. Iron is essential for making hemoglobin, the protein in red blood cells that carries oxygen to other cells. During pregnancy, the amount of blood in your body increases until you have almost 50 percent more than usual. And you need more iron to make more hemoglobin for all that additional blood. You also need extra iron for your growing baby and placenta. Unfortunately, most women start pregnancy without sufficient stores of iron to meet their body's increased demands, particularly in the second and third trimesters.
- Dietary Insufficiency - Some people, particularly elderly people, simply do not eat enough. Naturally, this reduces their iron stores as well as their stores of other dietary necessities.
- Blood Loss - Intestinal tumors, ulcers, wounds, surgery, etc. can result in a loss of blood that is greater than the body’s ability to replace it by drawing on normal stores.
About Sun Pharma
Sun Pharma is the world's 5th largest specialty generic pharmaceutical company. They develop high-quality affordable medicines trusted by healthcare professionals and patients in 150 countries across 5 continents. Their product offerings have the hallmark of technology-based differentiation. Sun Pharma's multi-cultural team of more than 30,000 employees are their most valuable assets. Their passion for quality goes beyond business -putting patients first is their motto.
At Sun Pharma, they make good health affordable and accessible to the local communities and society at large. With active fieldwork, dedicated research and recognition of the efforts of those who work behind the scenes to combat illness and disease, they help as many people as they can to secure the right to good health.
Health, education, water, livelihood, environment and disaster relief are some of their key priorities in the area of corporate social responsibility (CSR). They also help conduct training in vocational skills for communities and undertake local-level community programs based on the needs of the residents.