BabyGanics All-Purpose Household Cleaner the Grime Fighter Lavender - 32 oz. (946 ml)
BabyGanics All-Purpose Household Cleaner the Grime Fighter Lavender is naturally safe & non-toxic. The Grime Fighter hunts dirt where it lives (and where your babies live too!): high chair, changing table, crib, sealed wood floors, marble counter tops - bring it on! Tough stuff but a softie around the babes! So useful around the house you'll want to strap it to your belt! (Or is that just us?)
Hi! We're Kevin & Keith, BabyGanics founding-fathers — compulsive, clean-freaks but also family guys! They read other ‘green’ labels and think “Whoa. That’s harsh!” Safe for the planet should include people, right? So, they make products that clean like crazy and are safe around babies: earth safe, people safe and picky mother-in-law safe. (Did we mention they really work?) But let us know what you think!
Science of Safety
Hi! I'm Dr. Morris Nejat, “Dr. Morris” Medical Director and resident guru on all things safe and natural at BabyGanics™ (Not to mention proud father of 3)! Nothing gets me more excited than educating soon-to-be parents and growing families on how to make smart, healthy and safer choices. We all hear the words "green", "organic" and "natural" a lot these days but what does it all really mean? You shouldn’t have to be a chemist to provide a healthy, safe and natural environment for your family to grow and prosper… you just need a bit of information to help you get started.
Most people don’t think twice about the everyday products we use to clean our homes, to wash and moisturize our skin and to keep our children healthy and safe. The truth is that many common household and personal care products contain questionable ingredients and substances that can easily be avoided. By taking the time to learn and understand the options we have available to us as parents, we arm ourselves with information to make smarter choices that benefit people, pets and our planet!
What you need to know:
- Childhood asthma has nearly doubled in the last 20 years (American Lung Assoc.)... And Some Cleaners May Be Triggers To Asthma Attacks.
- Within 26 seconds after exposure to chemicals such as cleaning products, traces of these chemicals can be found in every organ in the body. When combined, chemicals are even more dangerous. Deadly fumes result from mixing ammonia with bleach (both found in many household products) creating lethal "mustard gas" - U.S. Government, E.P.A.
- According to the EPA, indoor air pollution is one of the nation's most pressing personal health concerns. Peak concentrations of 20 toxic compounds - some linked with cancer and birth defects - were 200 to 500 times higher inside some homes than outdoors, according to a 5-year EPA study that surveyed 600 homes in six cities.
- More than 7 million accidental poisonings occur each year, with more than 75% involving children under age 6! - The Columbia University College of Physicians & Surgeons
- According to the U.S. Poison Control Centers, "A child is accidentally poisoned every 30 seconds at home..."
- According to the National Research Council, no toxic information is available for more than 80% of the chemicals in everyday-use products. Only 1% of toxins are required to be listed on labels, because companies classify their formulas as "trade secrets." - Lorie Dwornick, researcher, educator and activist, 2002.
- Women who work at home have a 54% higher death rate from cancer than those who work away from home. The 15-year study concluded it was as a direct result of the much higher exposure rate to toxic chemicals in common household products! - Toronto Indoor Air Conference 1990.
- Of chemicals commonly found in homes, 150 have been linked to allergies, birth defects, cancer, and psychological abnormalities. - Consumer Product Safety Commission.
For years, BabyGanics has been the trusted brand of parents worldwide, providing a set of solutions specifically created for the growing family. While each of us should be constantly striving to seek out ways to improve our lives, the birth of a child gives us a great reason to go that extra mile to ensure their health and safety every step of the way. For us, being safe starts at conception, there is no better time to evaluate the products throughout your home.
At BabyGanics we work hard so you can play safe! Whether it’s cleaning products without that harmful stuff or extra gentle skin care for the tenderest of spots on your little ones, we are constantly finding ways to provide healthier, safer and more sustainable solutions. By the way, did we forget to mention affordable? We understand that you are using more products than ever to keep up with your growing family. That’s why we keep a focus on affordability and making the switch to BabyGanics a no brainer!
What healthy, safe and sustainable means to us:
- Safe – Free from harm, injury or risk.
- Natural – Products sourced from nature, i.e. plant based sources.
- Sustainable – Materials that are readily biodegradable, provide for long term well being and are responsibly derived from our natural resources.
- Renewable resources – Ingredients that are replaced by nature at a rate faster than we consume.
- Healthy lifestyle – Making choices that benefit our health and well being while avoiding risk and potentially harmful materials.
- Gentle – Neutral and safe formulations that are safe to touch, breathe and handle.
- Value – Affordability of premium products at everyday prices.
- Non toxic – Products that have low or no toxicity when used liberally and as directed.
About "Dr. Morris":
Dr. Morris Nejat is an assistant clinical professor of pediatrics at Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons as well as at New York University Medical College.
He graduated cum laude from Drew University in New Jersey and obtained his medical degree from the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, New Jersey Medical School. His internship and residency in pediatrics were completed at North Shore University Hospital, Cornell University Medical College. His allergy/immunology fellowship was performed at the R.A. Cooke Institute of Allergy at St. Lukes/Roosevelt Hospital Center, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons.
Dr. Nejat is Board Certified in pediatrics and has received appointments in pediatrics at St. Lukes/Roosevelt Hospital Center in New York City. Dr. Nejat is frequently quoted in the media, including NBC news, Fox News, WB11 News, ABC news and numerous consumer publications. He also frequently lectures to physicians and consumers on the topics of allergy, asthma, eczema and food.