Nature's Herbs - Wild Countryside Cat's Claw - 250 Capsules
Nature's Herbs Wild Countryside Cat's Claw Bark grows in the highlands of the Peruvian Amazon. A woody vine, Cat's Claw, also known as Una de Gato, has been used for centuries by native Indians. Today, Cat's Claw is the subject of ongoing scientific research.
Nature's Herbs exclusive FreshCare System inhibits normal plant oxidation, maintaining product quality and extending freshness. It includes all-natural antioxidants in each capsule, oxygen-absorbing packets in each bottle, special air-tight seals and amber glass packaging for uncompromised quality.
Therapeutic Uses and Benefits of Cat's Claw
- Cat's claw is thought to have the following health properties; antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antimutagenic, antioxidant, antiviral, cytostatic, depurative, diuretic, hypotensive, immunostimulant, vermifuge.
- Cat's claw has been used as a herbal medicine for generations by several native tribes in South America. It has been used traditionally to treat intestinal complaints, asthma, wounds, arthritis, inflammations, diabetes, irregularities of the menstrual cycle, fevers, ulcers, dysentery and rheumatism. Reportedly, cat's claw has been used traditionally as birth control by several different Peruvian indigenous tribes.
- The Ashaninka tribe in central Peru has the longest recorded history of use of cat's claw as a medicinal plant. The Ashaninka worshiped this plant, naming it kug-kukjaui. Uncaria tomentosa was the highest deity, giving rise to all other deities. The Ashaninka carved the images of the minor deities into the long ligneous shoots of the plant, giving their images very long profiles and oval faces.
- Contemporary herbalists consider cat's claw to be a natural immunostimulant, enhancing the function of white blood cells. A group of oxindole alkaloids found in cat's claw has been documented with immune-boosting and anti leukemic properties. The most immune-boosting constituent is believed to be Isopteropodin (Isomer A), which increases the immune response in the body and acts as an antioxidant to rid the body of free radicals.
- Cat's claw may also work to kill viruses, bacteria and microorganisms that can cause diseases such as herpes and candida.
- AIDS patients and those who are HIV positive have been treated with Krallendon, an immune-boosting ingredient of cat's claw.
- Cat's claw possesses anti-inflammatory properties, primarily due to the glycosides present in the herb, which make it an effective natural remedy for the treatment of arthritis, gastritis, ulcers, and inflammatory bowel disorders. The glycosides work synergistically to reduce the edema associated with inflammatory conditions. The primary mechanisms for the anti-inflammatory effect of cat's claw appears to be due to suppression of the TNF-alfa synthesis.
- Additional uses of cat's claw as a medicinal herb include treatments for Crohn's disease, gastric ulcers, colitis, gastritis, diverticulitis, and leaky bowel syndrome and it has a reputation as a good herbal remedy for chronic fatigue syndrome.
- The alkaloids rhynchophylline, hirsutine and mitraphylline that are found in cat's claw have anti-hypertensive and vasodilating properties that may be beneficial in preventing strokes and heart attacks by preventing clots in blood vessels, reducing heart rate, lowering blood pressure, increasing circulation, and lowering blood cholesterol levels.
- Further research substantiates the effectiveness of cat's claw as an herbal medicine for the treatment of cancer, indicating that cat's claw could aid in DNA cellular repair and prevent cells from mutating. It is also thought to help prevent the loss of white blood cells and immune cell damage caused by many chemotherapy drugs (a common side effect called leukopenia.
- One research project recently found that the immune-boosting alkaloids pteropodidae and isopteropodidae in cat's claw may have a positive modulating effect on brain neurotransmitters called 5-HT(2) receptors. These receptor sites are targets for drugs used in treating conditions such as depression, anxiety, eating disorders, chronic pain conditions and obesity.
What Makes Nature's Herbs So Special?
At Nature's Herbs, there's a reason they're leaders in their field. Innovation, you see, is second nature to them. In fact, they were the first to set quality standards that, to this day, are still unsurpassed.
Take their Power-Herbs. Their quality starts with the assurance that they use only the world's finest herbs taken from nature. Then formulated to strict, self-imposed standards. But they don't stop there.They were also the first company to introduce standardized extracts, which let them guarantee the exact same level of active ingredient in every capsule. And they don't just ask you to take their word for it. Or even the word of their suppliers. They have every batch verified by a third party laboratory analysis. They call this Certified Potency and it's your guarantee of dependable, consistent quality and potency in every capsule, every time.
Who, you might be wondering, was the first company to do third party testing of Power-Herbs? Nature's Herbs, of course. And they bottle each Power-Herb using their FreshCare packaging system- the first and only all-glass, antioxidant protected herbal packaging system.The end result; one of a kind supplements, specially formulated to be faster acting and more effective than regular herbs.
To be higher in quality, purity, potency and freshness. Supplements that give you the power to make your body a better place to live in. Power-Herbs from Nature's Herbs. They might not be able to take credit for inventing the herb. But they can take credit for improving it. Put your faith in nature. And your trust in Nature's Herbs.
At Nature's Herbs, they realize that even the world's best herbs vary from crop-to-crop. It rains too much or it doesn't rain enough. It's too hot or too cold. The soil is too rich or too poor. After 30 million years, Nature still can't make promises. Which is why Nature's Herbs was the first company to put nature to the test. They call it their Certified Potency Test. And the best thing about this test is you can buy the answers in the form of Power-Herbs. They typically concentrate from 2 to 200 pounds of premium herbs into each pound of Power-Herbs. So every Power-Herb has the exact same level of active ingredient in every capsule. They also go further than any other herb company by verifying these critical potency levels with third party independent testing. They call this Certified Potency and it's your guarantee of dependable, consistent quality and potency in every capsule, every time.
For over 30 million years nature has been providing us with the gift of herbs. But once those herbs are harvested and processed, some of earth’s most basic elements - air, moisture, even light - can destroy their potency and value. Which is why Nature's Herbs has developed a unique packaging system that protects not just their Power-Herbs, but all their herbs.
The FreshCare packaging system is the first and only all-glass, antioxidant protected herbal packaging system that removes oxygen and locks out destructive environmental elements to maintain potency and extend freshness. Inside, you’ll find a special air-tight seal and an ageless brand packet that absorbs free oxygen. They’ve even fortified the ingredients themselves by adding all natural antioxidants like rosemary and vitamin E. The end result; one of a kind supplements, specially formulated to be higher in quality, purity, potency and freshness.
It rains too much or it doesn’t rain enough. It’s too hot or too cold. The soil is too rich or too poor. Even the world’s best herbs vary from crop-to-crop. Which is why, after 30 million years, nature still can’t make promises. But at Nature’s Herbs, they can.
Take their Power-Herbs. They typically concentrate from 2 to 200 pounds of premium herbs into each pound. So every Power-Herb has the exact same level of active ingredient in every capsule. They also go further than any other herb company by verifying these critical potency levels with third party independent testing. They call this Certified Potency and it’s your guarantee of dependable, consistent quality and potency in very capsule, every time.
The end result; one of a kind supplements, specially formulated to be faster acting and more effective than regular herbs. To be higher in quality, purity, potency and freshness. Nature's Herbs guarantee it. Even if nature can’t.