Solgar - Gold Specifics Homocysteine Modulators - 120 Vegetarian Capsules
Stabilized Level Of Homocysteine For Better Heart HealthThe body has a natural way of dealing with toxins that can wreak havoc in the body. One of the compounds that the body has to metabolize and get rid of is homocysteine. Homocysteine is an amino acid in the blood obtained from eating red meat. Studies show that increased levels of homocysteine can increase the risk of developing heart diseases. This is the reason why it is important to supplement with a homocysteine modulator.
Contains Vitamins And Minerals That Can Lower Homocysteine
Studies show that high levels of homocysteine are associated with low levels of B Vitamins such as B6, B12, and folate. Thus, this supplement contains the necessary vitamins and minerals that can help lower down the levels of homocysteine. These include 50 milligrams of Vitamin B6, 400 micrograms of folic acid, and 500 micrograms of Vitamin B12. But aside from the three essential B vitamins, it also contains pyridoxal-5-Phosphate (6mg) and Trimethylglycine from beets (1g). Both are known antioxidants that improve the antioxidant profile in the body.
Who Is This Supplement For?
Once the body gets older, the amino acid in the body gets broken down due to the deficiency of B vitamins. But even if one consumes food rich in Vitamin B12, the breakdown of this vitamin requires strong stomach acid. Unfortunately, some people do have weak stomach acid thus Vitamin B12 does not breakdown easily and cannot work to neutralize homocysteine. Thus, this supplement is formulated for people who suffer from Vitamin B12 deficiency. Not because they don’t consume foods rich in B vitamins but because their bodies do not allow its proper absorption. This is great for older people and people with weak stomach acid.
How It Works
If not properly removed, homocysteine can increase the risk for atherosclerosis. However, the mechanisms are still largely unknown. Although this may be the case, many studies have noted that increased levels of B vitamins can help reduce levels of homocysteine. This homocysteine modulator changes homocysteine into cystathionine. This renders the homocysteine safe for the body to metabolize and get rid of.
By lowering the levels of homocysteine, other health benefits can be manifested. Studies indicate that this particular supplement can help maintain a healthy heart. It can also help maintain a good cardiovascular network. But more than protect the heart, these B vitamins are also needed in many physiological functions in the body. For instance, Vitamin B12 is essential in energy production while folate is necessary for proper brain development among fetus and younger children. In a nutshell, this supplement may help improve overall health.
As Natural As It Can Be
The raw ingredients used to create the supplements are sourced naturally. They are grown in certified organic farms and are continuously tested for the presence of contaminants. Raw ingredients, before they are processed, need to be validated for their potency and efficacy. They are manufactured following good manufacturing practices and each batch is tested for the presence of contaminations. The finished supplements do not contain corn, wheat, soy, dairy, yeast, artificial flavors, and preservatives.
Solgar Homocysteine Modulators. Homocysteine is a harmful amino acid produced in the body. Normally changed into cystathionine which is not as harmful to the body and has the same effect. As we get older the amino acid is broken down from lack of B vitamins. Thus this product is used to help rebuild those acids in you body. It is thought that keeping Homocysteine at its correct level helps maintain a healthy Heart and Arteries. Keeping B12 vitamins and folic Acid in your steady diet helps to maintain normal levels of Homocysteine in the body.
Solgar Homocysteine Modulators Contains:
- No Corn
- No Yeast
- No Wheat
- No Soy
- No Dairy
- No Gluten
- No Artificial Preservatives
- No Flavors
Solgar's Commitment to Excellence
Solgar has been innovating and producing fine quality nutritional supplements since 1947. Their ongoing mission is to provide consumers with top-quality, innovative, science-based nutritional supplements to support total health and well-being. They are committed to exclusively distributing products in the natural products industry where knowledgeable retailers worldwide can guide consumers through the vast array of choices.
Solgar's Global Manufacturing
Solgar's state-of-the-art manufacturing facility, located in Leonia, New Jersey, meets the highest standard for machinery, procedures, and quality control. This enables them to provide their customers with the highest quality products possible. With their own manufacturing, laboratory, and distribution facilities, Solgar ensures quality throughout the entire process.
The Solgar Gold Standard
Solgar has been manufacturing fine quality nutritional supplements for over 60 years in an industry that is constantly evolving. Throughout these changes, they have never lost sight of their original mission - to provide consumers with the highest quality nutritional products and information to help promote optimal health. Their attention to detail from manufacturing through distribution has enabled them to set, maintain, and continually raise the Gold Standard for quality nutritional supplements, education, and service.
- Researched, Science-Based Products: Solgar is known globally for producing innovative, science-based, efficacious products. All Solgar products have been thoroughly researched by their R & D department. They have a team of experts dedicated exclusively to research.
- State-of-the-Art Manufacturing:Solgar's state-of-the-art manufacturing facility meets the highest standard for machinery, procedures, and quality control. This enables them to provide customers with the best quality products possible. With their own manufacturing, laboratory, and distribution facilities, Solgar ensures quality throughout the entire process.
- Quality Control:Solgar has high standards for quality. They have a rigorous quality control system in place to test products at multiple stages - from raw material to finished product. All materials coming into their facility are subject to stringent tests to ensure they are the highest quality; any that don't meet their standards are rejected and sent back to suppliers. Solgar has its own on-site Quality Laboratory that ensures that each product leaving the door meets their Gold Standard for excellence. They don't just do one test on their products. They do many.
- USP Water Purification System:Solgar invested over $1 million in a state-of-the-art USP reverse osmosis water purification system - widely considered the finest type of filtration available. This isn't required by Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), but the Solgar Gold Standard requires that they have the best system possible.
- HEPA Air Filtration System:Air that circulates through the Solgar facility passes through a bank of HEPA filters that remove 99.9% of airborne particulates. Both air and water samples are routinely tested in Solgar's in-house laboratory.
- Cleanliness:Solgar uses food-grade cleaners to sanitize their equipment between batches. They disassemble and clean all of their machinery after each formula change. In some cases, the equipment is broken down into hundreds of parts and may take up to eight hours to clean and reassemble. Walls, floors, and other surfaces are also cleaned before a manufacturing suite is used for another formula.
- Gluten Free:Most Solgar products are gluten free.
- Kosher Certified: Solgar selected KOF-K Kosher Supervision, an international organization that follows the strictest laws of the kosher observance, to certify their products.
- Halal Certified:Solgar chose the Halal Food Authority (HFA), a U.K.-based organization that adheres to the strictest laws of Halal, to certify their products.
- Aqueous Coated Tablets:Solgar was one of the first in the natural products industry to integrate a natural, water-based coating for all of their coated-tablet products as an alternative to using the more common solvent-based coating agent shellac (also known as pharmaceutical glaze). This natural coating improves disintegration and dissolution, providing better absorption of the nutrients.
- Recyclable Amber Glass Bottles:Their recyclable glass bottles are non-leaching, non-porous, and odorless. Although these "old style" medicine bottles cost more, Solgar uses them because they protect against heat, light, and moisture.
- Exclusive Distribution: Their specialty market demands innovative products that are unique and available in brands exclusive to their class of trade. Solgar is committed to distributing their products through fine health food retailers across the globe where customers can find the best products along with the best nutritional advice about them. Solgar's finished products are distributed from our own global distribution centers. This is another way they ensure the integrity of their products.
- Globally Recognized: Solgar is distributed throughout the world in over 60 different countries, with affiliate offices in the U.K., Spain, South Africa, and New Zealand.