Natural Factors - Vitamin E 100% Natural Source 400 IU - 240 Softgels
Natural Factors Vitamin E 400IU has easy-to-swallow softgels that contain 400iu (International Units) of pure vitamin E in the form of d-alpha tocopheryl acetate, derived and isolated from 100% natural sources.
Vitamin E 400 IU (d-alpha tocopherol) is a fat-soluble vitamin and a powerful antioxidant, protecting cell membranes from pollution, toxins and free radicals. Vitamin E is the major antioxidant in lipid body tissues and the primary defense against lipid peroxidation, particularly in tissues that contain high levels of polyunsaturated fatty acids like the brain and central nervous system.
- May protect against cardiovascular disease
- Excellent antioxidant
- Protects cell membranes
- Supports nerve and muscle function
- Provides immune support
As an antioxidant, vitamin E may help protect against cardiovascular disease, some cancers, cataracts, premature aging and other chronic degenerative diseases. It also protects other vitamins (such as vitamins A and C) from oxidation. Vitamin E's ability to protect cell membranes makes it valuable for people in polluted environments and those with active lifestyles, as physical exertion increases production of free radicals. Approximately 400 IU of vitamin E reduces exercise-induced free radical damage and helps with athletic performance. Experts agree that obtaining adequate vitamin E from the daily diet is difficult and therefore recommend daily supplementation.
Men and women who supplement with at least 100 IU of vitamin E per day have a 37-41% drop in the risk of heart disease. CHAOS (Cambridge Heart Antioxidant Study) reported a 77% drop in non-fatal heart attacks when people were given 400-800 IU of vitamin E per day.
Natural Factors priority is enhancing people's health.
- They offer more than 300 different formulas available exclusively at natural health stores.
- They are family-owned, Canadian-based business.
- They have produced and sold quality supplements to North Americans for more than 50 years.
- They grow their own herbs, organically and process them fresh from the fields.
- They test and standardize herbs for total quality control.
- Their science team includes medical doctors, naturopathic physicians, researchers and herbalists from around the world.
- They create new, condition-specific formulas that are clinically proven to work.
- Their laboratory facilities comply with Good Laboratory Practices and are among the finest in North America.
- They meet or exceed Canadian Government Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) guidelines and all Health Canada and FDA regulatory requirements
A quality herbal product starts with the highest quality fresh organic plant material. The efficacy of herbal products has always been affected by growing conditions, harvesting, processing and storage. At Factor Farms in beautiful Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada our quality can be guaranteed as we control the entire process from seedling to finished product.
To grow herbs organically no chemical fertilizers, herbicides, fungicides or pesticides are allowed. We use only natural substances that have been approved by the organic industry. You can be assured that the fresh herb extracts contain no traces of unwanted chemical. Even the seed and plant sources are organic.
To be organically certified, certification inspectors work closely with growers to ensure that the organic standards are adhered to. We must keep detailed records of what we use on our farm. Even after harvest, processing is regulated so that no harmful chemicals are used to manufacture the fresh herb extracts.
Local cultivation of medicinal herbs at Factors Farms ensures that the herbs are picked, processed, and extracted at just the right time when the active ingredients are at their peak.
Natural Factor knows that the natural habitats of many herbs are shrinking and that over-harvesting from the wild can endanger native medicinal plant populations. So organic cultivation of herbs is preferred over "wild crafting".