Peeled Snacks Farmer's Market Trio Organic Fruit Picks 4.4 oz. (126 g)
Peeled Snacks Farmer's Market Trio Organic Fruit Picks is made with dried organic apples, cherries and raisins. These gently dried fruits are a gluten-free source of fiber, with no added sugar or preservatives. Farmer's Market Trio is a great snack to keep in the pantry, bring to work, or share with a friend. Fill your basket with these hearty fall harvest fruits. Peeled Snack's juicy, sweet cherries and raisins mingle with tart, chewy apples in a classic flavor combination that's easy to love. With three servings in each resealable pouch, it's easy to share these organic goodies. Or keep them all for yourself for a healthy, fiber filled way to add fruit to your day.
Did You Know ...
- Apple trees can grow fruit for 100 years: Most apple trees live for 35 years and produce the best fruit between 10 and 30 years. Some varieties have been known to live 100 years or more.
- Apples are a member of the rose family: The rose apple is native to the East Indies and Malaya and is cultivated in many parts of India, southeast Asia and the Pacific Islands. It was introduced to Jamaica in 1762 and became distributed in the West Indies, and at low elevations, from southern Mexico to Peru.
- Only one variety of apple is native to North America: When the English colonists arrived in North America, crab apple trees were the only species of apple they found. To this day, the crab apple variety is the only known native apple variety.
- Johnny Appleseed's real name was John Chapman: Johnny Appleseed, born John Chapman in Leominster, Massachusetts, is a great American historical figure. Johnny loved apple trees and saw a growing need for agriculture in the west as the population started migrating. He is accredited with introducing apple trees to Indiana, Ohio and Illinois. Chapman traveled beyond the borders of many established towns with apple seeds from cider presses in Pennsylvania. He planted apple nurseries and built fences around them. He would leave the apple trees in the care of a nearby neighbor, and then would return every few years to tend to the nursery.
- People have eaten dried apples since the Stone Age: In Swiss Stone Age lake dwellings and on a dig near Jericho in the Jordan Valley, archaeologists unearthed charred apple remains dating all the way back to 6500 B.C.E.
- George Washington did not cut down a cherry tree: The incident may have been the concoction of an ex-parson turned bookseller, Mason Locke Weems, who first wrote about it in his biography on George Washington. It is believed among many that Mason Weems made up this story about George Washington in order to sell his biography and make money. The public in 1800 needed something new to talk and think about, no matter if it was true or not. Was the story fact or fiction?
- Henry David Thoreau grew cherries on his Massachusetts farm: Founding father, Thomas Jefferson, grew cherries on his plantation at Monticello, as well as, literary giant Henry David Thoreau on his family's Massachusetts farm. At more than 12,000 ORAC units per hundred grams of fruit, cherries have a higher antioxidant capacity than grapes, oranges, plums, raspberries and strawberries combined.
- Dried cherries help reduce jet lag: Cherries are one of the few known food sources of melatonin, an antioxidant that helps regulate natural sleep patterns and alleviate jet lag. Recently scientists have found that cherries contain more melatonin than your body normally produces. Eating cherries is a natural, healthy way to boost your body's melatonin levels, which will lead to better sleep and less jet lag.
- A Cherry tree shaped the path of Broadway: Legend has it, a tavern keeper named Henrick Brevoort used to love smoking his pipe while sitting under a cherry tree that stood at what is now the corner of Broadway and East 10th Street in New York City. In the late 18th century, map makers arrived with a street plan to extend Broadway. Mr. Brevoort discovered the plan would involve Broadway running straight across the roots of his beloved cherry tree. He demanded they redirect the route in order to save the life of his tree. The planners obliged and reshaped the route. Thus, Broadway Avenue in Manhattan shifts west at East 10th Street because of the cherry tree that once stood long ago.
- Cherry trees produce beautiful flowers: Many cherry tree varieties produce beautiful flowers called cherry blossoms. Cities throughout the USA and Canada celebrate the short blooming season with Cherry Blossom Festivals. Washington, DC has one of the most renowned Cherry Blossom Festivals.
Are Peeled Snacks Gluten Free?
Gluten is a protein found in wheat, rye and barley. All Peeled Snacks are naturally gluten free. Additionally, Peeled Snacks are analyzed for gluten by an independent lab and have been found gluten free.
Are Peeled Snacks organic?
All Peeled Snacks are organic.
Are Peeled Snacks all-natural?
Peeled Snacks have NO sugar or oil added - they are just healthy, tasty pieces of dried fruit and nuts. Other companies add sugar or oil to help preserve their products, but Peeled believes that sugar coating is harmful and unnecessary. To learn more about the unhealthy effects of added sweeteners and unnecessary food processing.
Do Peeled Snacks have sulfites in them?
Peeled Snacks no longer uses sulfites in any of our snacks.
Are Peeled Snacks considered raw?
Cherry-go-round and Apricot-a-lot are considered raw because the fruits are sun-dried. Other Peeled Snacks are not technically raw because the fruit is heated to temperatures of 125 degrees or higher, which is above the 118 degree requirement for raw food diets.
Are there nut products manufactured in the Peeled Snacks facilities?
Peeled Snacks are packaged in a facility that processes nuts, dairy, wheat and soy. Currently there are no tree nuts being processed in these facilities. Peeled Snacls strives to avoid any type of cross contamination, but please, always use caution when dealing with severe food allergies.
In New York City in 2004, Noha Waibsnaider founded Peeled Snacks when she noticed something missing from the world of snack foods. Store shelves were full of processed potato chips, corn syrup-filled candy, and energy bars made with too many mysterious ingredients. But you couldn't get anything healthy and tasty that made you feel good about snacking. So she set about to fix that problem.
Her solution? Tasty and nourishing fruit & nut mixes that became Peeled Snacks. Since then, Peeled Snacks has evolved to offer organic and all-natural gently-dried fruit in single and multi-serving packages. Peeled Snacks are made with ingredients that you recognize - large, easy-to-eat pieces of fruit that provide a natural source of vitamins, minerals and fiber - with NO sugar added.
At Peeled Snacks, they know that food starts out delicious and nutritious, and it doesn't need some machine to improve it, or engineering to perfect it. They bring you food that's as close to its natural state as possible. So make snacking a satisfying part of your lifestyle by eating food as it was meant to be: peeled. Eating well doesn't have to mean eating tasteless, bland foods. It does, however, mean eating a healthy, wide range of foods from every food group.
The folks at Peeled Snacks want to make snacking easy and enjoyable whether you're at home or on the go. Staying fit and maintaining a healthy diet can often be a challenge when you need a snack in a hurry. Available snacking options are usually loaded with high fructose corn syrup and sugar. Often finding a tasty alternative to satisfy the munchies can be a challenge. At Peeled Snacks, they use the highest quality fruit without any added sugar to help you towards achieving the five-a-day servings of fruit you need. Peeled Snacks are loaded with a natural source of vitamins, minerals, and fiber that your body craves.
Peeled Snacks is dedicated to raising awareness about what it means to ‘be healthy' and they strive to help you meet your goals by making real tasty snacks you can enjoy!
- Real food, real apeel! At Peeled Snacks, they believe snacking should be a satisfying part of life. To put the enjoyment back in snacking, we have taken the mystery out of it! Peeled Snacks are made with organic and all-natural ingredients with no sugar or oil added. Peeled Snacks provides a healthy way to enjoy delicious, wholesome foods in the form of tasty snacks that energize our minds and bodies, naturally.
- Real Food! They keep snacks as close to natural as possible by using high quality ingredients. When you bite into a juicy piece of fruit, you'll wonder why anyone would want to add sugar or fat. There's enough high fructose corn syrup and other artificial fillers in the foods you buy. Many companies try to save money by using less natural ingredients and replacing them with sugars and fats. At Peeled Snacks, however, using premium ingredients is NOT something on which they're willing to compromise.
- Natural goodness! Real food begins with pure ingredients. Peeled Snacks strives to bring you fruit from organic and sustainable farms to ensure that the products are good for you and good for the environment. Fruit Picks are single-serving, single-flavor fruit snacks. Try all six varieties: Organic much-ado-about-Mango, pine-4-Pineapple, Banan-a-peel, Apple-2-the-core, Apricot-a-lot, and Cherry-go-round. Additional varieties are in development.
Be mindful of what you eat, but don't think twice about eating Peeled Snacks. After all - it's real food!