Solgar - Vegetarian CoQ-10 200 mg. - 30 Vegetarian Capsules
Solgar Coenzyme Q10 is a natural antioxidant which plays several highly useful roles in the body, including support for heart health and the production of energy in cells. Solgar Vegetarians CoQ10 has also been identified as important for those taking Statin Drugs as it can replace what they may deplete. Solgar Vegetarian CoQ-10 formulation offers 100% vegetarian CoQ-10 derived from fermentation. Solgar CoQ10 is not intended as a substitute for Statin therapy. Do not discontinue use of prescribed medications while taking CoQ10. Solgar Vegetarian CoQ-10 is a hearth healthy protective antioxidant. Solgar Vegetarian CoQ10 is kosher and suitable for vegetarians. Solgar CoQ10 is also gluten, wheat and dairy free.
- No Gluten
- No Wheat
- No Dairy
- No Soy
- No Yeast
- No Sugar
- No Sodium
- No Artificial Flavor
- No Sweetener
- No Preservatives
- No Color
What Is CoQ-10?
Who should consider taking coQ-10 supplements?
Coenzyme Q-10 (CoQ-10) is a vitamin-like nutrient that plays a key role in energy production in every cell; in the process, it collectively contributes to the body's total energy levels. CoQ-10 also functions as an antioxidant and assists in protecting cells from free radical damage. Additionally, it helps support heart and brain health. Ubiquinone is the chemical name for the most common supplemental form of CoQ-10. The body routinely converts ubiquinone to ubiquinol, the reduced form of CoQ-10 that is sometimes incorrectly referred to as the "active" form. Both ubiquinone and ubiquinol are active and required for biochemical reactions within cells and play vital roles in energy production and heart health. Some people cannot optimally convert ubiquinone to ubiquinol in their cell membranes for full antioxidant protection. They might prefer to supplement with ubiquinol because it can be easily assimilated since it does not require conversion.
- Those looking for antioxidant and energy support
- Those seeking to support heart and brain health
- Those taking cholesterol-lowering statin medications
- Those concerned with aging
- Vegetarians (CoQ-10 is naturally found in foods, predominantly in meat and fish)
CoQ-10 and Energy Production
Found in all tissues of the body, CoQ-10 plays a major role in the production of adenosine triphosphate (ATP), the chemical form of energy in the body. This process takes place in tiny cell structures called mitochondria, where the body continuously converts ubiquinone to ubiquinol back and forth many times a second. The most energetic cells of the body-heart, skeletal muscles, brain, and liver-contain the largest numbers of mitochondria and consequently have the greatest biological requirements for CoQ-10.
Studies have demonstrated that CoQ-10 supplements can boost energy levels,enhance stamina, and improve recovery time after exercise. In one study, researchers reported that people were able to cycle faster and have quicker recovery times after just one week of taking 300 mg of CoQ-10 daily. Another study found that both trained and untrained men and women had greater endurance after taking 200 mg of CoQ-10 daily for two weeks. In addition, a medical journal report described how CoQ-10 supplements led to improved energy levels among octogenarians.
CoQ-10 and Heart Health
The heart has enormous energy requirements; it beats 100,000 times each day, 37 million times a year, and 2.5 billion times in a lifetime. All of this activity depends in part on the presence of CoQ-10 in heart cells. Without CoQ-10, the heart's energy supply would be greatly diminished. In addition, the heart may be especially prone to a reduction in CoQ-10 levels as we age. Studied for more than 30 years, research supports the positive role. CoQ-10 plays in promoting heart health. Statin-class cholesterol-lowering drugs may deplete CoQ-10 levels in some people and therefore increase their CoQ-10 requirements. Statins work by inhibiting an enzyme known as HMG CoA reductase, which regulates production of both cholesterol and CoQ-10. Thus, when statins lower cholesterol production, they also reduce CoQ-10 production. note: CoQ-10 is not intended to serve as a replacement for Statin Therapy, nor should you discontinue taking any prescribed medications while supplementing with CoQ-10.
CoQ-10 and Antioxidant Support
Free radicals, or oxidants, damage cells and contribute to the aging process. Antioxidants protect against much of this damage. As a fat-soluble antioxidant, CoQ-10 helps protect against free radical damage in fatty tissue, such as cell membranes. It also enhances the activity of other antioxidants.
CoQ-10 and Aging
CoQ-10 levels may decline as we age. Considerable evidence indicates that decreased production of ATP by mitochondria plays a role in the aging process. Because CoQ-10 is crucial for the production of ATP, CoQ-10 may support healthy aging.
CoQ-10 and Brain Health
Studies indicate that CoQ-10 may promote brain and nervous system health.
What's So Special about Solgar's CoQ-10?
For more than 60 years, quality has been Solgar's guiding principle. Everything we do-from choosing the finest natural raw materials, to state-of-the- art manufacturing, to the premium product that appears on the shelf-must meet our own Gold Standard of excellence. That's why Solgar's CoQ-10 formulas supply KanekaQ10, an all-natural, clinically researched form of CoQ-10 bio-identical to the kind produced in the body. Made in the U.S. and studied for more than 30 years, KanekaQ10 is
sourced from fermented yeast unlike most CoQ-10 products which are derived from tobacco or bacteria. Solgar also offers KanekaQH ubiquinol, which is made from KanekaQ10.
Solgar's CoQ-10 products are available in kosher-certified and vegetarian formulas, vegetable capsules and softgels, and a broad range of potencies from 30 mg-600 mg. Solgar also offers Megasorb formulas which provide CoQ-10 in a base of rice bran oil to promote enhanced absorption. Plus, Solgar's CoQ-10 formulas are free of gluten, wheat, and dairy.
Solgar's Commitment to Excellence
Solgar has been innovating and producing fine quality nutritional supplements since 1947. Their ongoing mission is to provide consumers with top-quality, innovative, science-based nutritional supplements to support total health and well-being. They are committed to exclusively distributing products in the natural products industry where knowledgeable retailers worldwide can guide consumers through the vast array of choices.
Solgar's Global Manufacturing
Solgar's state-of-the-art manufacturing facility, located in Leonia, New Jersey, meets the highest standard for machinery, procedures, and quality control. This enables them to provide their customers with the highest quality products possible. With their own manufacturing, laboratory, and distribution facilities, Solgar ensures quality throughout the entire process.
The Solgar Gold Standard
Solgar has been manufacturing fine quality nutritional supplements for over 60 years in an industry that is constantly evolving. Throughout these changes, they have never lost sight of their original mission - to provide consumers with the highest quality nutritional products and information to help promote optimal health. Their attention to detail from manufacturing through distribution has enabled them to set, maintain, and continually raise the Gold Standard for quality nutritional supplements, education, and service.
- Researched, Science-Based Products: Solgar is known globally for producing innovative, science-based, efficacious products. All Solgar products have been thoroughly researched by their R & D department. They have a team of experts dedicated exclusively to research.
- State-of-the-Art Manufacturing:Solgar's state-of-the-art manufacturing facility meets the highest standard for machinery, procedures, and quality control. This enables them to provide customers with the best quality products possible. With their own manufacturing, laboratory, and distribution facilities, Solgar ensures quality throughout the entire process.
- Quality Control:Solgar has high standards for quality. They have a rigorous quality control system in place to test products at multiple stages - from raw material to finished product. All materials coming into their facility are subject to stringent tests to ensure they are the highest quality; any that don't meet their standards are rejected and sent back to suppliers. Solgar has its own on-site Quality Laboratory that ensures that each product leaving the door meets their Gold Standard for excellence. They don't just do one test on their products. They do many.
- USP Water Purification System:Solgar invested over $1 million in a state-of-the-art USP reverse osmosis water purification system - widely considered the finest type of filtration available. This isn't required by Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), but the Solgar Gold Standard requires that they have the best system possible.
- HEPA Air Filtration System:Air that circulates through the Solgar facility passes through a bank of HEPA filters that remove 99.9% of airborne particulates. Both air and water samples are routinely tested in Solgar's in-house laboratory.
- Cleanliness:Solgar uses food-grade cleaners to sanitize their equipment between batches. They disassemble and clean all of their machinery after each formula change. In some cases, the equipment is broken down into hundreds of parts and may take up to eight hours to clean and reassemble. Walls, floors, and other surfaces are also cleaned before a manufacturing suite is used for another formula.
- Gluten Free:Most Solgar products are gluten free.
- Kosher Certified: Solgar selected KOF-K Kosher Supervision, an international organization that follows the strictest laws of the kosher observance, to certify their products.
- Halal Certified:Solgar chose the Halal Food Authority (HFA), a U.K.-based organization that adheres to the strictest laws of Halal, to certify their products.
- Aqueous Coated Tablets:Solgar was one of the first in the natural products industry to integrate a natural, water-based coating for all of their coated-tablet products as an alternative to using the more common solvent-based coating agent shellac (also known as pharmaceutical glaze). This natural coating improves disintegration and dissolution, providing better absorption of the nutrients.
- Recyclable Amber Glass Bottles:Their recyclable glass bottles are non-leaching, non-porous, and odorless. Although these "old style" medicine bottles cost more, Solgar uses them because they protect against heat, light, and moisture.
- Exclusive Distribution: Their specialty market demands innovative products that are unique and available in brands exclusive to their class of trade. Solgar is committed to distributing their products through fine health food retailers across the globe where customers can find the best products along with the best nutritional advice about them. Solgar's finished products are distributed from our own global distribution centers. This is another way they ensure the integrity of their products.
- Globally Recognized: Solgar is distributed throughout the world in over 60 different countries, with affiliate offices in the U.K., Spain, South Africa, and New Zealand.