Solgar - Vitamin D3 Cholecalciferol 10000 IU - 120 Softgels
Vitamin D3 Cholecalciferol Softgels Support Bone, Immune, and Muscle Health
Solgar Vitamin D3 Cholecalciferol Softgels provides a powerful dose of one of the essential D vitamins, giving you a solid 2,500% of DV. Vitamin D (which you ordinarily get from direct exposure to sunlight and a handful of foods like salmon, mackerel, tuna, cheese, and egg yolks), helps promote bone health but does much more than that. Vitamin D3 may also help regulate and strengthen the immune system. Beyond that it, it might assist with maintaining better insulin levels, boost the well-being of your nerves, muscles, pancreas, and more.
- Provides Health Support for Bones and Teeth
- Bolsters Immunity
- Improves the Health of Tissues Throughout Your Body
- Boosts Absorption of Calcium from Various Sources
- Contains No Artificial Colors, Flavors, or Preservatives
- Gluten-Free, Wheat-Free, Dairy-Free
- Free of Sugar and Salt
- Oil-Based Softgels Provide Rapid Absorption
- Softgels Are Less Irritating to the Stomach
Strengthens the Bones and Helps Prevent Age-Related Skeletal Weakness
Solgar Vitamin D3 Cholecalciferol 10000 IU Softgels supply all of the D3 that is needed to strengthen bones. This helps to prevent problems like osteoporosis, or weakening of the bones, which occurs as people age. Vitamin D3 boosts healthy calcium absorption, aiding in giving your body more raw materials to maintain the strength of both bones and teeth. It also increases absorption of the necessary mineral phosphorus, which supports calcium in fortifying the skeletal structure while preventing additional mineral loss. Some studies indicate that older people who take calcium experience over 40% less falls.
Provides Health Benefits to the Central Nervous System
Besides the excellent health support they offer to your bones, Solgar Vitamin D3 Cholecalciferol Softgels may aid in making your immune system more vigorous. With many vitamin D receptors in the brain, this supplement might boost your mental clarity and help you achieve a more positive, energized mood. The teeth get strengthened in the same way as the bones. D3 also helps to increase the neuromuscular wellness of your body, keeping your nerves and muscles functioning normally. It may even play a role in maintaining more correct insulin levels. This is a multi-functional vitamin supplement that promotes your overall well-being in diverse ways.
Strong Dosage Targets Vitamin D3 Deficiencies, Aids Absorption
Many people neglect to get enough Vitamin D, a fairly rare vitamin, but Solgar’s Vitamin D3 Cholecalciferol Softgels enable catching up quickly on any deficiency you might have. With a dosage of 10,000 IU, it contains enough high quality D3 to rapidly bring bodily levels up to the norm. Older people and certain others may absorb Vitamin D3 more slowly, in addition to their bodies manufacturing less of it. The 10,000 IU concentration in this Solgar supplementation ensures that there is enough of the nutrient available to offer strong support for aging or compromised metabolisms.
Fast-Absorbing Softgels are Easy on the Stomach
The oil-based softgels Solgar uses for its Vitamin D3 Cholecalciferol help your body absorb it efficiently. They also aid in the vitamin’s assimilation into your metabolism. The oil used is safflower oil, a health-boosting botanical extract that is extremely rich in Omega-6 fatty acids. Other ingredients of the softgel include gelatin and vegetable glycerin. The softgel format is easier to swallow even if you have trouble with conventional pills or capsules. They’re also more straightforward for the body to digest, less likely to cause the upset stomach or other discomfort tablets sometimes create.
Formula Excludes Allergens and Artificial Additives
Solgar’s Vitamin D3 Cholecalciferol 10000 IU Softgels are formulated gluten-free, wheat-free, and dairy-free to protect you from certain common dietary allergens. Designed to match up with a clean lifestyle, they’re also free of artificial flavors, sweeteners, colors, and preservatives. Helping you meet even more dietary restrictions, the ingredients are soy-free, yeast-free, sugar-free, and salt-free, too.
Solgar VItamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) 10000 IU is a gluten, wheat and dairy free dietary supplement. Vitamin D is required to promote calcium absorption, which helps to maintain healthy bones and teeth. Vitamin D also supports a healthy immune system, the health of the pancreas and supports the health of various tissues including breast and colon tissue. It may also support neuromuscular function in older adults. The natural Vitamin D3 in this product is the same form produced by the body when our skin is exposed to sunlight. As we age, our bodies produce this important nutrient less efficiently. This formulation offers advanced Vitamin D3 support in oil-based softgels to promote optimal absorption and assimilation.
- Maintains healthy bones & teeth
- Supports a healthy immune system
- Promotes tissue health
The fat-soluble vitamin D’s most important role is maintaining blood levels of calcium, which it accomplishes by increasing absorption of calcium from food and reducing urinary calcium loss. Both effects keep calcium in the body and therefore spare the calcium that is stored in bones. When necessary, vitamin D transfers calcium from the bone into the bloodstream, which does not benefit bones. Although the overall effect of vitamin D on the bones is complicated, some vitamin D is necessary for healthy bones and teeth.
Where is it found?
Cod liver oil is an excellent dietary source of vitamin D, as are vitamin D-fortified foods. Traces of vitamin D are found in egg yolks and butter. However, the majority of vitamin D in the body is created during a chemical reaction that starts with sunlight exposure to the skin. Cholecalciferol (vitamin D3) is the animal form of this vitamin.
Solgar's Commitment to Excellence
Solgar has been innovating and producing fine quality nutritional supplements since 1947. Their ongoing mission is to provide consumers with top-quality, innovative, science-based nutritional supplements to support total health and well-being. They are committed to exclusively distributing products in the natural products industry where knowledgeable retailers worldwide can guide consumers through the vast array of choices.
Solgar's Global Manufacturing
Solgar's state-of-the-art manufacturing facility, located in Leonia, New Jersey, meets the highest standard for machinery, procedures, and quality control. This enables them to provide their customers with the highest quality products possible. With their own manufacturing, laboratory, and distribution facilities, Solgar ensures quality throughout the entire process.
The Solgar Gold Standard
Solgar has been manufacturing fine quality nutritional supplements for over 60 years in an industry that is constantly evolving. Throughout these changes, they have never lost sight of their original mission - to provide consumers with the highest quality nutritional products and information to help promote optimal health. Their attention to detail from manufacturing through distribution has enabled them to set, maintain, and continually raise the Gold Standard for quality nutritional supplements, education, and service.
- Researched, Science-Based Products: Solgar is known globally for producing innovative, science-based, efficacious products. All Solgar products have been thoroughly researched by their R & D department. They have a team of experts dedicated exclusively to research.
- State-of-the-Art Manufacturing:Solgar's state-of-the-art manufacturing facility meets the highest standard for machinery, procedures, and quality control. This enables them to provide customers with the best quality products possible. With their own manufacturing, laboratory, and distribution facilities, Solgar ensures quality throughout the entire process.
- Quality Control:Solgar has high standards for quality. They have a rigorous quality control system in place to test products at multiple stages - from raw material to finished product. All materials coming into their facility are subject to stringent tests to ensure they are the highest quality; any that don't meet their standards are rejected and sent back to suppliers. Solgar has its own on-site Quality Laboratory that ensures that each product leaving the door meets their Gold Standard for excellence. They don't just do one test on their products. They do many.
- USP Water Purification System:Solgar invested over $1 million in a state-of-the-art USP reverse osmosis water purification system - widely considered the finest type of filtration available. This isn't required by Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), but the Solgar Gold Standard requires that they have the best system possible.
- HEPA Air Filtration System:Air that circulates through the Solgar facility passes through a bank of HEPA filters that remove 99.9% of airborne particulates. Both air and water samples are routinely tested in Solgar's in-house laboratory.
- Cleanliness:Solgar uses food-grade cleaners to sanitize their equipment between batches. They disassemble and clean all of their machinery after each formula change. In some cases, the equipment is broken down into hundreds of parts and may take up to eight hours to clean and reassemble. Walls, floors, and other surfaces are also cleaned before a manufacturing suite is used for another formula.
- Gluten Free:Most Solgar products are gluten free.
- Kosher Certified: Solgar selected KOF-K Kosher Supervision, an international organization that follows the strictest laws of the kosher observance, to certify their products.
- Halal Certified:Solgar chose the Halal Food Authority (HFA), a U.K.-based organization that adheres to the strictest laws of Halal, to certify their products.
- Aqueous Coated Tablets:Solgar was one of the first in the natural products industry to integrate a natural, water-based coating for all of their coated-tablet products as an alternative to using the more common solvent-based coating agent shellac (also known as pharmaceutical glaze). This natural coating improves disintegration and dissolution, providing better absorption of the nutrients.
- Recyclable Amber Glass Bottles:Their recyclable glass bottles are non-leaching, non-porous, and odorless. Although these "old style" medicine bottles cost more, Solgar uses them because they protect against heat, light, and moisture.
- Exclusive Distribution: Their specialty market demands innovative products that are unique and available in brands exclusive to their class of trade. Solgar is committed to distributing their products through fine health food retailers across the globe where customers can find the best products along with the best nutritional advice about them. Solgar's finished products are distributed from our own global distribution centers. This is another way they ensure the integrity of their products.
- Globally Recognized: Solgar is distributed throughout the world in over 60 different countries, with affiliate offices in the U.K., Spain, South Africa, and New Zealand.