Greenies- Pill Pockets For Dogs Tablets Chicken Flavor- 3.2 oz. (90 g)
Greenies Pill Pockets For Dogs Tablets are one of the best ways to get your dog to take medicine, hidden inside a tasty treat. Pill Pocket Treats have built-in pouches to easily hide tablets, capsules, or liquid medicines and ensure your dog takes their medication. These all-natural treats are a healthier alternative to using human foods, because they have fewer calories and less fat and sodium. Make medicine-giving more enjoyable for both you and your dog.
- Offers a proven solution to your pill-giving problem
- Contain a built in pouch suited for hiding medicine
- Makes taking medicine a positive experience for your dog
- Turn Pill Time Into Treat Time: This healthy and delicious treat masks the taste and smell of medicine, making medicine-giving a reliable, stress-free experience.
- A Healthier Alternative: These all-natural treats are a healthier alternative to hiding medications inside human foods.
- Designed by Vets: These treats were designed and are recommended by vets to help you follow your own veterinarian's recommendations and medicine-giving regimens.
- For Dogs of All Sizes: Greenies come in five unique sizes to offer the most appropriate texture and hardness for dogs with a variety of bite-force capabilities.
I usually push the medication into the back of my dog’s mouth. Why should I use your treats instead?
Greenies Pill Pockets treats were made to make the medicine-giving experience easier for you and your pet. They’re formulated to assist in the lubrication of the throat, which allows our treat and the medicine to enter the stomach as soon as it is eaten. This results in quicker medicine absorption.
Can’t I just use peanut butter or cheese to hide medication?
Many pet owners try to hide their dog’s medicine in human foods. Pill Pockets are better because:
- They are a healthier alternative. Commonly used human foods usually contain more calories, fat and sodium. A spoon of peanut butter has 85 calories, and a slice of cheese has 80 calories. One capsule-sized pill pocket has only 23 calories.
- They discourage begging. Feeding table food to your dog will encourage begging when they see you eating the same food again later.
- Dogs love them! With the pill completely sealed inside, even finicky dogs will gobble them right down. With human food, a picky dog will generally find the medicine in the food because they smell it as you are feeding it to them.
How many are in a pack?
Greenies Pill Pockets come in two sizes — for capsules or tablets. Their formulas have approximately 30 treats in each package. They also offer the original formula Chicken-flavored capsule size in a 60-count package. Their allergy formula pack contains about 25 treats.
Will the Greenies Pill Pockets conceal liquid medications?
Yes, but you might find this difficult or messy to do. Pill Pockets are air tight when properly sealed. The treat will need room to close, so never fill it to the top with liquid. If the amount of liquid medication exceeds the size of your pill pockets, ask your veterinarian about where to buy and how to use a liquid syringe.
What if my dog won’t eat the pill pockets?
Check the following:
Is the pocket properly sealed? Medicine has a strong odor to your dog. If not sealed, some dogs will smell the medicine and refuse the treat or eat around the medicine.
Did the hand that touched the medicine also touch the pocket? If so, be sure to hold the treat in the hand that does not touch the medicine so you don’t transfer its smell or taste.
Do you have lotion, perfume or cologne on your hands? Greenies treats might absorb lotions or other items from your hands.
Periodically “treat” your dog with the pill pockets without medication to help them overcome the learned behavior.
Be The Hero of Treat Time
Dogs and cats go crazy for Greenies Treats. Help keep your pet happy and healthy with the irresistible taste and health benefits.
Win With Health Benefits
Greenies treats make it fun to do what’s best for your pet!
- Dental Health
- Positive Pilling
- Joint Support for Dogs
- Hairball Control for Cats
- Healthy Skin & Fur for Cats
- Digestive Care for Cats
Greenies dog and cat products have received numerous accolades.
- Greenies are the #1 vet-recommended dental chews and treats.
- Greenies Pill Pocket Treats are the #1 vet-recommended choice for giving pills.
- Greenies Dental Chews were the first treat to receive the Veterinary Oral Health Council Seal of Acceptance for control of plaque and tartar buildup.
Enjoy Quality and Value
Greenies believe in the value of preventative care. World-class scientists, vets and nutritionists design their quality treats to help your pet live a healthier life.
Keep Tails Wagging
Give Greenies healthy treats, and share in the fun together!