Greenies Dental Chews For Dogs Jumbo (For Dogs Over 100 lbs.) 4 Chews (12 oz./340 g)
Greenies Dental Chews For Dogs Jumbo (For Dogs Over 100 lbs.), The Original Green Smart Treat, is the chew that started it all. GREENIES dental chews continue to be a favorite source of happiness for both dogs and owners alike. Whether you have a little Yorkie or a hefty Lab, there is a Greenies product waiting for your four-legged best friend. Greenies is the teeth cleaning, plaque reducing treat dogs go crazy for. And with a wide variety of products to choose from, there's something for every dog. Why love Greenies?
- Designed for fresh breath and clean teeth
- Proven to fight gingivitis and periodontal disease
- High in protein, low in fat, and nutritionally complete
It's undeniable. Pets love the taste of Greenies products. But what they don't know is that every Greenies product is good for them too.
An independent third party dental test showed that using Greenies dental chews once a day resulted in a 69% reduction in tartar and a 10.5% reduction in plaque (versus dogs who ate the same dry dog food diet, minus the Greenies dental chew). Isn't a good healthy smile reason enough to start feeding your pet Greenies?
GREENIES dental chews now contain added natural sources of antioxidants to promote a healthy immune system, as well as natural sources of dietary fiber for digestibility. Plus, their new recipe now carries the Veterinary Oral Health Council (VOHC) Seal of Acceptance.
- A CHEWY AND DELICIOUS CLEAN: One GREENIES dental chew a day helps control harmful plaque and tartar build up and freshens breath.
- NUTRITIOUS AND EASY TO DIGEST: GREENIES dental chews are filled with high-quality, easily digestible proteins that break down into little teeth-cleaning, easy to swallow and digestible bits. Plus, added vitamins and minerals make them a complete and balanced part of your adult dog’s daily diet.
- 5 DISTINCT SIZES AND TEXTURES: Dogs come in many shapes and sizes. That’s why GREENIES created dental chews in five unique textures (softer ones for little dogs, harder ones for bigger dogs) and 5 unique sizes – to better care for all types of dogs.
- GREAT TASTE YOUR DOG WILL LOVE: The chewy texture of GREENIES dental chews isn't the only thing that's irresistible. So is the taste!
The new enhanced recipe for GREENIES dental chews is full of high-quality proteins, vitamins and minerals. Plus they now contain natural sources of antioxidants and fiber. Greenies has included every single nutrient that your adult dog needs. GREENIES dental chews are low in fat, nutritionally complete and well-balanced for effective adult dog maintenance.
What are the benefits of Greenies dental chews?
Greenies dental chews, are a convenient daily oral healthcare option, are formulated based on innovative, scientific research on biometrics and feature:
- A chewy texture – The chewy texture enables dog’s teeth to sink in with every bite, increasing contact and “brushing” action with individual teeth to help prevent tarter and plaque buildup and provide breath-freshening benefits
- Shape – A contoured shape with rounded edges fits dog’s teeth and cleans hard-to-reach spots with a “brushing action” as the dog chews; also the shape includes purposely sculpted valleys and ridges designed to accurately direct dogs to specific areas for maximum chewing
- Easy digestibility – the highly soluble proteins in Greenies make the product extra chewy, nutritionally complete and balanced for adult dog maintenance and help the product break down quickly for easy digestion
- Nutritionally balanced – a blend of high-quality proteins, vitamins and minerals make Greenies dental chew nutritionally complete and balanced
Exactly how do Greenies dental chews clean teeth?
Greenies dental chews help control plaque and tartar buildup by mechanical abrasion. As a dog’s teeth penetrate the treat, mechanical scraping and scrubbing of the tooth surface occurs. Greenies dental chews contain no chemicals to reduce plaque and tartar. A chewy texture helps dogs sink their teeth into the chew with each bite, and the ounded “bristles” wrap around each of the dogs’ teeth for greater contact. Movement of the teeth into and against these bristles creates a brushing action, much like a toothbrush, that helps control plaque and tartar buildup, the two leading causes of gingivitis and periodontal disease.
How do Greenies dental chews help keep a dog’s teeth clean?
Periodontal disease is currently the number one diagnosed disease in pets, however more than half of all dog owners admit they have no daily dental regimen for controlling plaque and tartar, the two leading causes of periodontal disease. Worse yet, most dog owners don’t see dental health as a big deal. But, if gone unchecked, poor dental health leads to life-threatening conditions including liver, kidney and heart disease.
Why are dental chews important to give to dogs?
Because Greenies takes dental care seriously, Greenies dental chews feature a special shape and texture all designed for maximum dental efficacy. The chewy texture helps dogs sink their teeth into it with each bite, and the rounded “bristles” wrap around each of the dogs’ teeth for greater contact. Movement of the teeth into and against these bristles creates a brushing action, much like a toothbrush, that helps control plaque and tartar buildup, the two leading causes of gingivitis and periodontal disease. In fact studies show that Greenies dental chews lead to 54 percent less tarter build-up and 12 percent less plaque build-up up in 28 days. All it takes is just one Greenies dental chew a day.
How effective are Greenies dental chews for improving oral care?
Daily dental maintenance is the key to maintaining a dog’s oral health between regularly scheduled cleanings. When given once a day, the Greenies chew has been shown in studies to effectively reduce tartar build-up by nearly 70 percent, reduce plaque build-up and help keep gums healthy. All it takes is just one Greenies dental chew a day.
What it the best way to take care of dog's teeth?
Veterinarians recommend a dental care routine that includes oral exams at least once a year, dental brushing as advised and daily maintenance, which can be conveniently provided via a dental chew like Greenies dental chews once a day.
Is there any advice for making dental care a habit?
Veterinarians recommend that dental care become a daily habit for dog owners. And, one of the easiest ways to do this is to schedule your dog’s dental care parallel to the timing of your own routine so it’s easy to remember when to give your dog his or her dental chew.
If I give my dog dental chews daily, do I still need to get his teeth cleaned?
Just as professional dental cleanings are important to good oral care for people, annual dental cleanings by a veterinarian for dogs are essential. An in-depth tooth and gum analysis and professional cleaning from a qualified veterinarian at least once a year ensures there are no other health problems on the rise. However, daily dental care routines are critical as well. Including chews such as Greenies dental chews helps to control tartar and plaque build-up and that helps promote good dental health. All it takes is just one Greenies dental chew a day.
Aren't all dental treats the same?
No two products are alike, just like no two dogs are alike. While most dental chews are created with a one-size-fits-all approach based on dog size and weight, recent research revealed that the shape of a dog’s skull actually determines how hard it can bite, how wide it can open its mouth and the placement of its teeth, allowing scientists to create an effective dental chew unlike anything else available.
What is the reasoning behind Greenies dental chews unique shape?
Greenies dental chews are inspired by the famous green, toothbrush shape everyone loves, but the design has been advanced by extensive biometric research that showed how to accommodate differing jaw strength, size and structure of dogs. The design features a curved and flexible shape to wrap around canine’s teeth and clean hard-to-reach spots with a “brushing action” as the dog chews. There’s even an extra bristle for more cleaning power. The shape is designed to offer maximum chewing action, which promotes healthier teeth and gums.
Why the chewy texture?
Throughout the product development phase for Greenies dental chews, research showed that a soft, chewy texture would achieve the best dental care benefit, enabling a dog’s teeth to sink into the chew with every bite. In addition, the flexible texture is specially designed to accommodate different types and sizes of dogs (softer for small dogs and harder for larger dogs), so it’s easy to chew and digest.
How do you know which is the right size for your dog?
Greenies dental chews is based on scientific data on biometrics, which analyzed canines unique physiology such as tooth position, skull shape, weight and bite force. Traditionally, pet chews are designed strictly based on size and weight of a dog, but the biometric research shows that texture and shape of a dental chew are as important as size when it comes to the way dogs chew. That’s why Greenies dental chews come in five sizes from “Teenie” to “Jumbo” that fit any dog’s needs perfectly.
- Jumbo for dogs over 100 pounds
- Large for dogs between 50 and 100 pounds
- Regular for dogs between 25 and 50 pounds
- Petite for dogs between 15 and 25 pounds
- Teenie for dogs between 5 and 15 pounds
As a company that was founded on a love of pets, Greenies feels that it's important to educate pet owners on the importance of providing the right snacks and chews for their furry family members. That's why they launched the SmartTreater program. You can help make sure you are treating responsibly by following these SmartTreater tips:
- Seek out treats that provide healthy benefits for your pets.
- Monitor your pets to ensure they chew their treats adequately
- Ask your veterinarian if ingredients in a treat are appropriate for your pets
- Read the labels and follow feeding guidelines
- Treat responsibly
Like most great ideas, Greenies started as a solution to a problem. And that problem was bad breath. More specifically, Ivan's bad breath. Ivan was like a lot of dogs. His teeth had plaque and tartar. And the resulting gingivitis was making his breath downright unpleasant. Something had to be done, but nothing worked. Luckily for Ivan, his owners were not ones to give up easily. Working with a board-certified veterinary nutritionist and other experts, they eventually developed the familiar Greenies toothbrush-shaped dental chew known today. But the story doesn't end there.
Greenies continues to refine the original formula, and created an extensive product line meeting the needs of many different types of dogs. Then, Greenies took everything it learned and launched a line made especially for your feline friends. So whether your heart belongs to a Lab, a Pug, or a Tabby, you can always share in a daily moment of happiness with Greenies.
THE GREENIES CREDO:
- Create strong, caring bonds between people and their pets
- Commit to an ongoing understanding of pet needs
- Craft products that embrace naturally effective solutions
- Care for each relationship with honesty, integrity and respect