Oilogic - Relax and Calm Essential Oil Roll On - 0.3 oz. (9 mL)
Oilogic Relax and Calm Essential Oil Roll On is a concentrated blend of 100% Pure Essential Oils diluted appropriately with Jojoba Oil and Castor Oil to keep skin baby-butt soft! Naturally calms your child’s mind and body with a blend of essential oils and is safely diluted for babies 6 months+.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will Oilogic or Essential Oils Irritate My Child's Skin?
- While Oilogic Essential Oil Blends are properly diluted for little ones, please perform a patch test before use by applying a dime size amount of product to forearm. Usually reactions occur within 5-10 minutes, however after an hour, if there is any adverse reaction, discontinue use of the product.
- The bottom of the feet is the safest and most effective place to test and use essential oils on children.
- If your child experiences a hot or burning sensation or if you develop a rash, discontinue use of the product.
- Never use water in an attempt to flush the oil off the skin, as this may increase discomfort. Instead use a carrier oil, like olive oil, vegetable oil or coconut oil.
- If redness, burning, itching or irritation occurs, stop using the oils immediately.
- Avoid essential oil contact with sensitive areas such as eyes, ears, genitals and mucous membranes
- Never use Essential Oil products on the face of a child
How Often Can Essential Oils Be Applied? How Much Do I Use?
- The idea of “if a little is good, a lot is better” is not always correct….especially with essential oils. In most cases 1-2 applications a day is adequate. Excessive use of essential oils may increase the risk for adverse reactions to skin
- Proper usage is indicated on each Oilogic product label and/or box. Please follow instructions indicated.
Do Not Ingest. But What Happens If My Little One Swallows Oilogic Essential Oil Products?
- If a child or infant should accidentally swallow some essential oils, call your poison control center and/or seek immediate medical emergency help.
What The Heck Is A Carrier Oil and Why Is It Important?
- As they said before, essential oils are powerful. So, to be safe to use on children (and even adults), often times, essential oils have to be diluted with a carrier oil, as the essential oil by itself would be too powerful causing a reaction on the skin.
- They use such oils as Jojoba Oil, Castor Oil, and Coconut Oil, which are all natural, vegetable-based carrier oils and BONUS - they also happen to have some amazing, moisturizing benefits!
What About The Use Of Essential Oils If My Child Has A Medical Condition? Can Essential Oils Interact With Prescription Medications?
- If your child has a disease or medical condition, or if he/she is using a prescription medication, it is recommended that you consult with your doctor prior to using.
What If My Baby Has An Allergy?
- Many people with allergies safely use essential oils and find them highly beneficial. The key here is to test for sensitivity and start with soles of feet.
- Do a skin test of the essential oil if you are using it on a person for the first time. The soles of the feet are the safest place to test, especially if the person has known allergies or sensitivities.
- Always ask about allergies. People with allergies need to be extra cautious when using essential oils. Allergic reactions can happen with oils just as they do with food. Those with asthma, hives, or eczema, have a greater chance for an allergic reaction.
- Please proceed slow and with great caution. Consult with your doctor if any allergic reaction occurs.
- Consult with your doctor prior to using any essential oils if you have specific allergies.
Can Essential Oils Be Used During Pregnancy Or While Nursing?
- As with any medical condition please consult your doctor prior to use. Certain oils should be avoided while pregnant or breastfeeding including, but not limited to, wormwood, rue, oakmoss, camphor, parsley seed, sage, and hyssop.
What Testing Is Done To Ensure The Essential Oils Used In Oilogic Products Are The Best Quality?
Each one of their oils is 100% pure extracted directly from the plant source and is guaranteed to contain no synthetics or impurities. All of their oils are put through the following quality tests:
- Gas Chromatograph (GC) / Mass Spectrometry (MS) testing
- Microbial testing
- Gardner Color Index
- Refractive Index
So glad I found these products for my kiddo, but can I use this on myself?
- The short answer is....YES!
- The long answer is Yes, but their products are diluted so they are safe on children, so whereas an adult can definitely use them, you may need to use more of their product or use it more often to get the same benefit as a child.
- AND, (I told you this was the long answer), there are certain Essential Oils that are not recommended for little ones, so there is a larger E.O. library to pull from to create a therapeutic blend that may be more effective for an adult than their E.O. blends.
And Last But Not Least..
- Do not try to diagnose or prescribe essential oils for serious health conditions that require professional medical care.
About Essential Oils
Essential Oil blends are what they call "powerful lil' nature potions", so they want to make sure you know everything you may need to know about how to use them correctly to treat your little one. Once you experience their positive effects, they know you'll join us in saying OIL MY GOODNESS!
So what are these "Powerful Lil' Nature Potions" (a.k.a. Essential Oil Blends)?
Essential Oils are extracted from plants, and flowers. They include the actual essence of the scent of the plant, giving them a powerful therapeutic effect. Essential Oils have been used since Ancient Times to care for common (and sometimes not-so-common) ailments and are even mentioned in the Bible over 200 times! Whoa, baby!
Essential Oils are all-natural, non-invasive, non-toxic and are VERY easy for the body to absorb and use for therapeutic care. And when you blend multiple oils together and dilute them appropriately with a moisturizing carrier oil, you can create one powerful lil' nature potion that will help your kiddo (and you) feel better. Oilogic Essential Oil Care always uses 100% Pure Essential Oils that are sourced from around the world. Each of their blends includes the right concentration of each powerful oil, diluted appropriately with a carrier oil, to create a safe, yet effective formula for your little love.
About Their Oils
(Don't Worry Mama Bear...You Can Put Your Trust In Them)
- The Essential Oils they use are considered 100% Pure and contain NO Proteins
- Across their collection, they use 34 different Essential Oils, sourced from the country the plants is indigenous - over 16 countries!
- Their blends are diluted properly within the blend and moisturizing carrier oils to provide a SAFE, yet effective solution for your baby or toddler
- Their Essential Oil Roll-ons and Ouchies & Boo Boo Ointment are MADE SAFE Certified
Oilogic Essential Oil Care is proud to be MADE SAFE certified on their most popular products. MADE SAFE certification means that Oilogic's products are made entirely from safe ingredients — that is, ingredients that are not known or suspected to cause human health harm as determined by scientifically recognized lists from around the world. In order to do this, their scientists and/or advisers analyze the materials, ingredients, and chemical components of a product to ensure it does not contain harmful ingredients or release vapors, gases, or by-products that could impact human health. They scrutinize the molecular makeup of a product, and their scientists determine whether or not those ingredients and elements are safe for the intended use of the product.
To ensure products adhere to the highest safety standards, MADE SAFE rigorously screens ingredients for known:
- Behavioral toxins
- Developmental toxins
- Endocrine disruptors
- Fire retardants
- Heavy metals
- Pesticides / Insecticides / Herbicides
- Reproductive toxins
- Toxic solvents
- Harmful VOCs
They are the moms behind Oilogic, and they are on a mission to make this crazy, overwhelming, unbelievable journey of motherhood a little easier. As moms, they try to make safe, smart and logical choices for their kiddos. But when they aren’t feeling well, logic can go out the window - turning us from nurturing, kind mommies to stressed out, exhausted MOMsters! And from one too many desperate nights, feeling like their only option to care for their fussy baby was with harsh chemicals and mildly effective treatments, their idea of Oilogic was born…
That is when they discovered the power of Essential Oils and how to use them to care for their little ones. Essential Oils are extracted from plants and are 100% natural often being called "nature's medicine" - the answer to their sleepless, stressed-out prayers! However, they got overwhelmed quickly with how to use Essential Oils - they were Product Development and Marketing professionals by trade and they STILL struggled with how to blend them correctly, and dilute them properly. PLUS, they struggled to find the time to figure it all out! So when they were unable find an easier, more mom-friendly solution, they thought "Hey, they can do this theirselves!"
From there, they took their 15 years of professional personal care experience and put it to work! First, they took these precious, powerful oils and developed their own concentrated blends. Then they enlisted the partnership of experts in both the natural and baby care industries to perfect them. Finally, they conveniently packaged them for busy Moms (and fellow MOMsters), like you and me! With Oilogic, you can easily and affordably tap into the power of "nature's medicine" and don’t have to worry about harsh chemicals and other yucky stuff, allowing you to feel good, while your little one feels better. With Oilogic, you can go back to doing what you do best - loving and nurturing your sweet baby.