Almondina - Gingerspice Almond and Ginger Biscuits - 4 oz. (113 grams)
The delicious cookie without the guilt this is the cookie that made us famous and it is still our #1 bestseller. Based on Grandma Dina's original secret recipe that she called Petit Gateau Sec, we begin with top quality almonds, plump raisins, and a blend of other natural flavors, then cook this to a perfect crispness. Delicious. Crunchy. All-natural. No Cholesterol.
Almonds & Health The only fat in regular Almondina Biscuits is in the almonds, our main ingredient! 5 healthful Almond Facts:
- Eating whole almonds, as part of a diet low in saturated fat, can significantly lower the risk of heart disease.
- Certain varieties of nuts, like almonds have been shown in recent research to lower your cholesterol level, thereby reducing your risk of coronary heart disease.
- Almonds contain significant amounts of magnesium, vitamin E, fiber, and potassium, all are beneficial to coronary health.
- Do you know which type of vitamin E the human body absorbs best? It’s called alpha-tocopherol vitamin E and lucky for you, California Almonds are one of the leading food sources of this important antioxidant. It can help neutralize free-radicals in your body and help you feel your best day and night.
- To keep your body, and especially your heart, in the best shape possible, it’s important to maintain a healthy weight. That’s why integrating almonds into your diet is not only a smart choice, but also a truly satisfying one. Almonds don’t just stave off hunger, they also provide fibre, ‘good’ monounsaturated fats, and 6 grams of protein to help give you that ‘full’ feeling we all want from our food.
Pregnancy & Ginger:
Ginger has been used for thousands of years in many countries such as Rome, Greece, India, and Arabia for digestive disorders. The use of ginger has also been recommended by the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists as a safe and effective first line therapy to reduce morning sickness associated with pregnancy. Ginger (Zingiber officinale) has also been considered safe by the FDA (Food and Drug Administration).
Tamar Markham, part of the Almondina family, recently had a baby and said it was Gingerspice Almondina that helped her during the 1st trimester of her pregnancy. “I was experiencing very bad morning sickness and nausea during the 1st couple of months of my pregnancy. It was extremely difficult for me to eat anything without it making me feel even more sick. My doctor told me that some people use ginger to help reduce nausea. I wasn’t going to eat whole pieces of ginger by themselves so I gave our cookies a try. I found that snacking on Almondina Gingerspice actually made my nausea more bearable. Our cookies have whole chunks of real ginger in them which was good for my stomach and for me it was better than eating a piece of ginger by itself.”
Almonds & Chemotherapy
A randomized clinical trial has confirmed what many people suspect — that ginger can decrease nausea caused by chemotherapy. The effect goes beyond that provided by standard anti-vomiting drugs
Almonina Cookies are:
- Crunchy, addictive, healthful
- Free of cholesterol, coloring and preservatives
- Made with no added fat or salt
- Low in calories only 30 per slice
- Proudly made in America
- Kosher and Pareve (non dairy)
Grandmother’s Secret: Grandmother’s secret recipe is a no added fat, no-cholesterol cookie for our time.
Almondina is the inspiring success story of a man whose great loves include both music and wonderful food. For generations his family loved his grandmother Dina’s most secret cookie, which she called Petit Gateau Sec. Yuval Zaliouk, an internationally known symphony conductor and gourmet chef, always had a special place in his heart (and stomach) for this exquisite, crispy wafer with the delicate flavor of roasted almonds and the natural sweetness of plump raisins.
“Generous as she was in giving away her recipes, Grandmother Dina kept the one for Petit Gateau Sec a total secret until the end of her life. Only then did she finally reveal the secret to her daughter, Ahuda, my mother.” “It is with her blessing and with pride that the Zaliouk family shares these delicious, healthful wonders with your family.”
Long after his grandmother’s death, Zaliouk became aware that the remarkable characteristics of this addictively delicious but extremely nutritious cookie fell squarely in line with the growing demands of health-conscious buyers at the end of the century. Within seven years having started baking in his kitchen, the cookies, renamed Almondina for his grandmother, were available in all fifty states, sought after in seven foreign countries, and had brought him recognition as Entrepreneur of the Year.
This all-natural, crispy almond cookie has no cholesterol and no added fat, salt, or preservatives. It is wonderfully crunchy and does not have to be dipped. It is a delightful accompaniment for coffee, tea, soft cheeses and fine light wines. The rush to eliminate fat from gourmet foods too often has also eliminated most of the flavor, a fact which is in sharp contrast to this enticingly delicious cookie Since the introduction of the classic Original flavor, eight more distinctive variations have been introduced, all of which continue to be packed with roasted almonds. A recent innovation, Chocolate Cherry, combines the almonds with dark chocolate and plump cherries.