Guayaki - Yerba Mate Chai Spice Mate 100% Organic - 16 Tea Bags
Guayaki Yerba Mate Chai Spice Mate is 100% Organic, naturally caffeinated, and kosher. Guayaki Yerba Mate Chai Spice Mate is a fusion of yerba mate and chai spices to warm the soul. Spice up your life with Guayaki Yerba Mate Chai Spice Mate, a popular blend cherished for its warm spice and sweet finish. Awaken your senses in the morning with Guayakí Chai, or enliven your mind and soul anytime of the day. Makes a great Mate Chai Latte!
Guayaki Yerba Mate Chai Spice Mate teabags are made with an array of organic ingredients, to give it a special flavor and to help improve one’s health. Along with yerba mate the tea bags contain: cinnamon, licorice, ginger, nutmeg, clove and stevia.
- Cinnamon has anti-inflammatory qualities that can lessen joint and muscle pain. Diabetics will be happy to know that a recommended daily dose of this spice can help regulate blood sugar. It also helps to improve circulation, digestive health, and relieves common stomach discomforts.
- Licorice has long been used to treat an upset stomach, including treatment of stomach ulcers. It’s also useful in the treatment of coughs and has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Ginger has a proven efficiency in treating nausea and motion sickness. Ginger is also high in antioxidants and is a natural anti-inflammatory.
- Nutmeg helps to calm and lower blood pressure and soothes digestive upset. It also stimulates the cardiovascular system, promotes concentration, acts as an expectorant, reduces joint inflammation and helps the liver to remove toxins.
- Clove helps to prevent toxicity from environmental pollutants as well as prevent digestive tract cancers. It’s also an anti-inflammatory herb.
- Stevia has shown that it has a regulating effect on the pancreas and helps stabilize blood sugar levels. Stevia is therefore useful to people with diabetes, hypoglycemia, and Candidiasis. Other traditional uses of stevia are: lowers elevated blood pressure (hypertension), digestive aid that also reduces gas and stomach acidity, and for obesity. The herb acts as a general tonic which increases energy levels and mental acuity.
Enjoy the healthy benefits of Guayaki Yerba Mate Chai Spice Mate!
- Helps stimulate focus and clarity
- Boosts physical energy
- Aids elimination
- Contains antioxidants
- Traditionally used to support weight loss programs that include a balanced diet and exercise
In South America, yerba mate has been revered for centuries as the "drink of the gods" and is enjoyed daily for vitality, clarity, and well-being. Yerba mate is traditionally used as a catalyst to unleash the powerful effects of other herbs. A nourishing, green source of energy, the leaves of the yerba mate tree deliver a unique trio of stimulants: caffeine, theobromine and theophylline as well as 24 vitamins and minerals, 15 amino acids, and abundant antioxidants.
Rainforest Grown Yerba Mate
The rainforest canopy provides protection for a stunning variety of native plant and animal species, including yerba mate. Shielded from the sun, Yerba mate grows dark, emerald green leaves, teaming with nutrients and flavor.
Market Driven Restoration
Guayaki's mission of Market Driven Restoration connects consumer dollars with farming communities in Argentina, Brazil and Paraguay. By purchasing organic, rainforest grown yerba mate from these communities, rainforests are preserved and restored for the benefit of all. Enjoy Guayaki Yerba Mate and share in Guayaki's mission.
Guayaki boxes are printed on 100% recycled paper with at least 55% verified post-consumer w:" ":iting organic mate tea bag blends and bottled yerba mate drinks.
Frequently Asked Question:
WHAT IS YERBA MATE?
Mate has the strength of coffee, the health benefits of tea, and the euphoria of chocolate. Yerba mate is made from the naturally caffeinated and nourishing leaves of the celebrated South American rainforest holly tree (Ilex paraguariensis).
The Guayaki Story
Guayaki is working to make organic, fair-trade yerba mate the mainstream energy source of choice, and prove that a company can be profitable while operating sustainably. They are an organization of individuals whose daily work is to bring you the finest yerba mate on the planet. We started in 1996 with a vision of protecting and restoring the South American rainforests and empowering the native forest people, and with your help, we are achieving that goal, sip by sip. Here is the story of our humble beginning.
In 1996, Guayaki was seeded in California's central coast by two university buddies. Alex Pryor from Buenos Aires, and David Karr from Northern California. As good friends and passionate yerba mate drinkers, David and Alex set out to share the yerba mate plant with the world, recognizing that people were in need of a nourishing source of energy and a healthy dose of optimism. As good fortune would have it, co-founders Alex and David were swiftly joined by three other pioneering partners to round out the original founding seed group: don Miguel aka the “The Journeyman”, Steven Karr aka “Shape-Shifter” and Christopher Mann aka “The Chairman of the Gourd”. These five ambitious friends aka the “semillas” (seeds) channeled their activist mentality into the creation of a new restorative business model, calling consumers to action by voting with their dollars.
The Semillas rooted themselves in fertile grounds of San Luis Obispo, CA, nestled comfortably between scenic Santa Barbara and magical Big Sur. This coastline, riddled with good surf breaks, provided the perfect backdrop for many extended mate gourd sessions while looking for surf. As passionate lifestylers, the Semillas group was intimately committed to a holistic lifestyle and business practice which was philosophically aligned with their love for nature, adventure and spirit.
In a blend of the West coast pioneer spirit and Argentine hospitality, the inspired band of Semillas took to the road to share mate with all those who would listen. Rooted in the central coast, hours from any major city, road warriorship became Guayakí's destiny. Traveling in a mix of VW vans, pickups, and RV’s, David, Steven and don Miguel took the wheel in the one hand and the mate gourd in the other, to the four corners of United States. With a strong brew of mate, good tunes, flowers and genuine hospitality, the Semillas encouraged keen samplers to develop a relationship with the yerba mate plant.
Growing up, we always heard “money does not grow on trees.” Well, today we are proving that “money does grow on trees” and rainforest-grown yerba mate is the new green currency. It provides the peoples of the rainforest with income as well as the ability to steward their land.
In 2009, Guayakí became the first Fair Trade Certified yerba mate company in the world thru IMO.