Ortho Molecular Products - Vitamin K2 180 mcg. - 30 Capsules
Ortho Molecular Products Vitamin K2 180 mcg is a high-concentration formula designed to support bone, cardiovascular and immune health. Vitamin K2 180 mcg provides an optimal, soy-free dose of vitamin K2 in the MK-7 form.
- Supports Healthy Blood Circulation
- Promotes Optimal Bone Health and Proper Calcium Storage
- Supports Cardiovascular Health and Arterial Elasticity
- Boosts Immune Function
Emerging research highlights the importance of optimal intake of vitamin K and its critical role in maintaining bone and cardiovascular health. Composed of a group of naturally occurring and structurally similar, fat-soluble vitamins, vitamin K is required for the proper utilization of calcium and helps to bind newly absorbed calcium to the bone matrix. Vitamin K helps maintain bone mineral density by decreasing the activity of osteoclasts, cells which break down bone. It also provides critical cardiovascular protection by activating matrix GLA protein (MGP), a potent inhibitor of circulatory calcification. Current research has found high-concentration supplementation results in improved clinical outcomes compared to lower-dose supplementation.
The Vitamin K2 180 mcg formula provides an optimal dose of soy-free vitamin K2 delivered in the MK-7 form for support of bone, cardiovascular and immune health.
Calcium and vitamin D are important mediators in bone growth, but vitamin K plays an equally important role. The synthesis of bone growth is dependent on vitamin K, through its carboxylation of osteocalcin, a protein secreted by osteoblasts. Osteocalcin guides calcium into bones and prevents its absorption into organs, joint spaces and arteries. Vitamin K occurs in three main forms: K1 (phylloquinone), found primarily in the liver, naturally occurs in green leafy vegetables and is considered to be the main dietary source; K2 (menaquinone), which is a group name for a family of related compounds differentiated by their side chains; and K3 (menadione), which does not have vitamin K activity.
MK-4 and MK-7 are the two subclasses of K2 most widely studied for their role in bone and cardiovascular health. MK-4 is primarily a metabolic byproduct of K1 while MK-7 is found in small quantities in liver mitochondria and other tissues.The MK-7 form is substantially more active, has a longer half-life and accumulates to higher concentrations in serum than vitamin K1. The different degrees of bioavailability between K1 and K2 are due to differences in structure. The long side-chain of vitamin K2 (specifically MK-7) allows it to bind with fat particles in circulation. This process then allows easier facilitation to soft tissue, bones and arteries. More recently, research has shown that doses of 180 mcg of MK-7 provide greater results when supporting both bone and cardiovascular health.
The Ortho Difference
Quality Beyond What's Expected
Following are just some of the steps Ortho Molecular Products takes to ensure the quality of their formulas:
- Ortho Molecular follow rigid SOPs (standard operating procedures) and MOPs (methods of procedure) throughout every stage of production, leaving nothing to chance.
- They test all incoming raw materials in their state-of-the-art, in-house laboratory for identity (Is the material what it says it is?), purity (Does it contain any contaminants?), and composition (Does it match expected specifications?).
- Ortho Molecular mix all of their raw materials in dedicated blending rooms using a custom-made 5,000-liter mixer following strict protocols to ensure product consistency.
- They manufacture every batch of product in dedicated tabletting and encapsulating rooms, which are thoroughly cleaned and dried after each batch is made to protect against cross-contamination. It can take up to eight hours just to clean one room!
- Ortho Molecular perform thorough post-cleaning inspections to ensure the highest state of sanitation has been achieved.
- They test all finished products for identity (Does the formula contain the correct ingredients?), strength (Are the ingredients present in the potencies claimed?), and purity (Does the formula contain any contaminants?).
- Ortho Molecular subject every new formula to stability testing, which involves assaying ingredients to detect any degradation at 6-month intervals, thus ensuring the formula meets label claim at expiration.
Manufacturing To A Higher Standard
These days, most dietary supplement companies are really sales and marketing firms. While they may formulate their own products, it is standard to outsource the manufacturing, laboratory testing, bottling, and labeling to a big contract manufacturer. The upside to this practice is that it's convenient. The downside is that companies lose control to others that don't share the same passion for the quality of the products.
Ortho Molecular Products is unique in that they operate their own 100,000-square-foot, cGMP, FDA-audited manufacturing facility that is based in Stevens Point, Wisconsin and staffed by highly trained personnel who share a passion for efficacy. Because we control the entire production process - from formulation…to raw materials sourcing…to manufacturing…to laboratory testing of incoming materials and finished product…to bottling and labeling - they are free to be perfectionists.
Ortho Molecular Products manufacturing facility is strictly controlled by rigorous standards that meet cGMPs, and it routinely passes FDA and third-party audits. Extensive testing on every product we manufacture means you can trust the consistent purity, strength, identity, and composition of each and every Ortho Molecular Products formula.
It's rare for a supplement company to handle all phases of production. But when your standards are as high as theirs, you don't want to entrust it to anyone else.
About Ortho Molecular Products
There are many choices in the dietary supplement market an overwhelming number of companies selling a dizzying array of products, all promising results. As a health care practitioner making recommendations to your patients, you feel a responsibility to sort through those options and find the best products to support the health of those who have put their trust in you.
The Power of e is their commitment to efficacy that produces the highest possible levels of patient wellness. From raw-material selection, all the way to the finished products they manufacture, everything Ortho do is guided by the goal of achieving greater efficacy. Ortho Molecular Products are proud of their 25 year tradition of successfully combining evidence-based formulations and superior raw ingredients to develop efficacious supplements that noticeably enhance patient health.