Pioneer Vitamin C Complex 500 mg. - 180 Vegetarian Capsules
Pioneer Vitamin C Complex 500 mg. is eight highly absorbable sources of Vitamin C including 5 naturally buffered mineral chelates, Ayurvedic Amla, the richest natural source of Vitamin C, and fat-soluble Ascorbyl Palmitate, plus quality bioflavonoids from whole lemon fruit.
With EIGHT superior forms of vitamin C plus high quality citrus bioflavonoids, PIONEER Vitamin C Complex is perhaps the most comprehensive vitamin C formula ever devised. Most animals on earth are able to synthesize their own supply of vitamin C, but humans must rely on dietary sources to obtain this key nutrient. An important antioxidant in lung and other tissues, vitamin C is required for a host of biochemical activities including collagen synthesis and wound healing.
Consider these Pioneer Advantages:
- Eight Sources to Maximize Bioavailability. In the natural world, vitamin C is found in many different forms, always accompanied by other compounds. While we can’t reinvent nature’s simple elegance, PIONEER Vitamin C Complex comes close by providing eight different forms and sources of vitamin C. These include five chelated mineral ascorbates, fat-soluble ascorbyl palmitate, Amla (Indian Gooseberry) and free form L-ascorbic acid. Each form respects the natural metabolism of the body. Combined in a dietary supplement, they mirror, as much as possible, the broad array of natural vitamin C forms.
- Researched Forms. Every year, clinical journals publish hundreds of scientific studies examining the role of vitamin C in humans. Nearly all of this research suggests the powerful therapeutic effects of vitamin C, using the same forms found in PIONEER Vitamin C Complex.
- Mineral Polyascorbates For Better Absorption. Chelated mineral ascorbates (polysorbates) are produced through a natural water-reaction process using pure, USP-grade ascorbic acid and minerals. Such chelated vitamin C forms are more absorbable
than the commonly used, unreacted dry mixes of ascorbic acid and minerals. Mineral ascorbates are non-acidic (pH neutral) and provide additional levels of needed minerals. The minerals PIONEER includes – calcium, magnesium, zinc, potassium & manganese – work synergistically with vitamin C to offer beneficial and supportive therapeutic effects.
- Ascorbyl Palmitate: Fat-Soluble Vitamin C. Most vitamin C is water-soluble and cannot access the lipid or fat portions of cells and tissues. Fat-soluble ascorbyl palmitate is both recognized by and has an affinity for these areas, notably cell membranes, where it functions to help protect against destabilizing free radicals.
- Naturally Buffered, Gentle on Digestion. Excessive amounts of pure ascorbic acid may cause an acid condition in the gut and lead to intestinal discomfort, gas and loose bowels. Vitamin C Complex is naturally buffered and pH balanced – approximately pH 5.7 (pure ascorbic acid is pH 3.5). Buffering helps to minimize digestive disturbance in most individuals.
- Amla (Indian Gooseberry): Nature’s Vitamin C. Ayurveda, the ancient medical system of India, highly reveres Amla as an important general tonifying herb or adaptogen. Among the best natural sources of vitamin C, Amla also contains antioxidant tannins. PIONEER’s 20:1 standardized extract represents one of the finest guaranteed potency Amla extracts available.
- Highly Active, Certified Potency Bioflavonoids. A natural extraction process from whole lemon fruit makes PIONEER’s bioflavonoid complex among the most potent and pure available. Many other brands use diluted bioflavonoid mixes (sometimes only 1-10%flavonoids) or citrus pulp, with no assurance of potency unless stated on the label. Our high quality complex provides 50% bioflavonoids (typically including hesperidin and other flavonones, flavonols, flavones and related phenolic compounds) plus beneficial citrus fiber.
Their line includes broad-spectrum vitamin/mineral supplements, superior calcium/magnesium products, and many other specialized formulas targeting specific health concerns. For informed consumers, their reputation for quality without compromise and honest labeling practices has earned PIONEER a name synonymous with integrity.
Located in the Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, they occupy a spacious, sun-lit, post and beam building and employ a caring, supportive staff. Their highly trained customer service and sales representatives give heartfelt attention to the tasks of replying to customer queries and taking direct orders by phone, fax and email. Their qualified team of technical and administrative assistants ensures the management and smooth running of the company.
Growth has brought many changes to PIONEER, but it has not changed their deep commitment to health, a commitment that they warmly share with you.