NOW Foods - Roasted Almonds With Sea Salt - 1 lb.
NOW Foods Roasted Almonds With Sea Salt are a healthy and tasty treat. As the king of the nut family and the only non-acid forming nut, these delicious roasted & salted California almonds can be enjoyed anytime, anywhere! With more dietary fiber and calcium than any other nut, NOW Foods Roasted & Salted Almonds are also an excellent source of vitamin E and unsaturated fatty acids. From the FDA's website: "Scientific evidence suggests but does not prove that eating 1.5 ounces per day of most nuts, such as Almonds, as part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol may reduce the risk of heart disease".
- Natural source of protein
- Fiber and healthy fatty acids
- Grown in the USA
What is the “Best By” date that is printed on all NOW Foods’ dietary supplements?
Frequently Asked Questions
The Best By date refers to the date recommended that you use the product by for best physical and/or sensory quality. It is not an expiration date, but rather the date by which NOW Foods recommends consumption.
How should I best store my products?
Always refer to the product label first for any special storage conditions. Generally speaking, dietary supplements are foods and should be stored like foods. Cool, dry conditions are best; and refrigeration can extend product life. Hot and/or humid conditions, such as those found in bathrooms and kitchens, may shorten product life.
Why are there color variations in some of the products?
Color variation occurs with most natural products, and is caused by the product’s country of origin, the condition of the soil where the product is grown, enzyme activity, moisture content, heat, and oxidation. Products containing a mixture of more than one component may have the greatest color variation.
About NOW Foods
A diet rich in nutritious, wholesome, real food is what healthy living is all about. At NOW, they offer a complete line of natural foods, snacks, baking essentials, sweeteners, herbal teas, and gluten-free items exclusively for health and natural food stores. All of our foods are free of any artificial colors, flavors or additives. It's pure food the way it was intended to be.
History of NOW
In 1968, NOW Foods was founded under the belief that good health was not a luxury available only to the wealthy. For the past forty years, NOW has made it their life's work to offer health food and nutritional supplements of the highest quality, at prices that are fair and affordable to all those who seek them. Today, NOW Foods is one of the top-selling brands in health foods stores, an award-winning manufacturer, a respected advocate of the natural product industry, and a leader in the fields of nutritional science and methods development. And while NOW has grown considerably over the past four decades, one thing has never changed – NOW's commitment to providing products and services that empower people to lead healthier lives.
- Customer Focused and Information Driven - NOW believes that their products, services, and the decisions they make should be primarily influenced by the desires and needs of NOW customers. The decisions that NOW makes should be based on accurate information and therefore NOW places a high value on knowledge and learning within their organization.
- Quality and Value Oriented - Acting in the best interest of NOW customers, NOW endeavors to produce the highest quality products at competitive prices. NOW's first priority is to maintain quality where it counts the most – in the products. NOW's exceptional cost-conscious team of employees then focuses their energies on driving costs down. Nurturing this competency of value drives NOW's ability to provide high quality products at the very best prices.
- Natural is Better - NOW is convinced that natural products are better than their synthetic counterparts and produce better results in human health. Therefore, wherever possible, NOW strives to provide products that contain natural ingredients because they are better for their customers.
GMP Quality Assured
NOW’s GMP certification covers standard operating procedures, employee training, product specifications, expiration dating, vendor certifications and much more. Standard operating procedures include sampling and testing incoming materials according to NOW Foods specifications, inspecting manufacturing processes, and testing finished products to specifications. Tests include organoleptic evaluation (human senses such as sight, taste, smell), physical testing of tablets and capsules, chemical identity of ingredients, potency and contamination testing by the company’s in-house state-of-the-art analytical testing lab, as well as microbiological testing by NOW Foods’ in-house rapid analysis microbiological lab.