Gaea - Olive Snack Lemon and Oregano - 2.3 oz. (65g)
Gaea Olive Snack Lemon and Oregano are 100% natural and delicious. The famous Halkidiki olives are pitted and marinated with lemon and oregano. It is the 1st olive snack in the world without preservatives or additives and the lowest salt content. The olives are packed in protected atmosphere, in an innovative re-sealable packaging, allowing repeated safe openings and closings. The GAEA Green Olive snack is a source of dietary fibre and copper, rich in vitamin E and contains mono-unsaturated fatty acids and polyphenols. Liquid free and full of authentic Greek flavours, it’s a delicious and a perfectly healthy, low calories snack for anytime of the day!
Climate Change is a reality that demands a higher level of responsibility from all of us. In recognising the severity of this issue, GAEA has minimized its impact on the climate by measuring and counterbalancing carbon emissions (CO2) of its olive oil products, in cooperation with the Swiss organization “myclimate”. Measurements of carbon emissions are taken during the entire production cycle. This includes the cultivation and transportation of olives, the production and bottling of the olive oil and, finally, the distribution of the end product in Greece and abroad. As a result, the GAEA olive oils have minimized their negative impact on the environment and have become the first Extra Virgin olive oils in the world certified as Carbon Neutral.
Water is both a critical resource and essential for business. There is no substitute for water and its shortage will lead to enormous challenges for the Food and Agricultural Industries. The Water Footprint of a product is the volume of freshwater used to produce the product, measured through the entire production cycle. Due to its continuous interest in investing in sustainability, GAEA recently calculated the first Water Footprint for its olive oil products. In addition, GAEA became a member of the Water Footprint Network (WFN) which is a non-profit foundation under Dutch law. The collaboration with WFN helps the company to understand how to achieve a more sustainable and equitable use of water and to increase its environmental awareness of its consumers.
Non GMO Certified
The Non-GMO Project is a non-profit organization which believes that every consumer should be able to make an informed choice about whether or not to consume genetically-modified organisms. Analytical testing of seed, crops, ingredients, and products is done at critical points of the production chain to verify that the processes and practices employed by all participants meet the non-GMO Standard.
GAEA products are Non-GMO project verified.
Other Green Projects
- Design and implementation of a new project aimed at the reduction of energy consumption in their factory premises in Agrinion.
- Replacement of the lighting system in their factory and offices with an energy-saving system.
- Recycling program for packaging materials.
- Recycling of batteries (through the AFIS program).
- Recycling of electrical and electronic devices.
- Recycling of paper and print cartridges in their offices and factory.
- Gradual replacement of company cars with cars using environment-friendly technologies.
Gaea's Best Practices
- Every step in the olive oil production contributes to the quality and preservation of its natural characteristics.
- GAEA follows the best available practices in olive oil production, which contribute to the consistently superb quality of its Extra Virgin olive oils
- GAEA’s Best Practices production steps
- The olives are harvested in November - December
- They are hand-picked with the help of simple tools, in order to protect the fruits
- They are carefully placed in baskets before going to the oil press
- They are cold pressed just a few hours after harvesting
- The olive oil is stored in tanks containing nitrogen in order to slow down ageing and is kept under a controlled temperature, in a lightless environment.
- All GAEA’s Extra Virgin Olive Oils are bottled in dark bottles in order to restrict light absorption
GAEA’s factory is situated in a 15.000m2 plot of land, 1.5kms from the center of Agrinion city. The factory building covers an area of 6.500m2 with 4 fully automated production lines:
- An olive oil bottling line, 6.000 bottles per hour.
- An olive bottling line, 7.000 jars per hour
- A line for the production of spreads and sauces, 3.500 jars per hour
- A line for the production of the innovative olive “snack pack”, 3.000 packs per hour
- Furthermore, it includes a warehouse of 3.000m2 with refrigerated storage (200m2) and 10 stainless steel tanks, 30tons each, for olive oil storage.
- The factory operates under the ISO 9001, HACCP, BRC and IFS high standards while it recently acquired ISO 14001 for the environmental accreditation.
- Gaea olive oils are the 1st carbon neutral olive oils of the world, certified by the Swiss nonprofit organization “myclimate”.
- The company already implements on - site compacting and recycling policy.
Gaea was founded in 1995. Their name didn’t come about by accident; in ancient Greek mythology, Gaea was Mother Earth—a symbol of fertility and the goodness of the earth. As such, their vision has been to introduce the world to the benefits of the Greek Mediterranean diet by combining exquisite Greek products based on olive oil with their penchant for tradition and simplicity. Gaea is much more than elegantly-packaged wholesome foods and fine ingredients. It is a genuine philosophy of life, at the core of which is a deep appreciation for nature. They’ve always favoured non-aggresive harvesting over large volumes and high yields. And although they invest heavily in research and employ cutting-edge technology, they never stray too much from time-honoured practices. Their goal is to become international ambassadors not just of top-quality olive oil products, but of a better, healthier, more fulfilling way of eating—and living.