Natrol Shen Min Topical Hair Nutrient For Men and Women (93 ml)
Shen Min Topical provides intensive nourishment for excessively thinning hair, receding hairlines, breakage around the hairline, and any area of the scalp that has poor hair density. Shen Min Topical Hair Nutrient For Men and Women utilizes a lipoceutical transactive delivery system. Vital nutrients are supplied to nourish the follicle receptor sites. These botanical nutrients help replace lost vitamins and minerals and guard against damaging agents.
Shen Min is the Chinese formula renowned worldwide for its ability to enhance the appearance and texture of the hair. Scientifically engineered for the life of your hair. Best when used in conjunction with Shen Min Advanced Men's Formula or Shen Min Advanced Women's Formula and Shen Min DHT Blocker for a complete hair regrowth system
Applied Science of Shen Min Topical:
- Herbal Blend Hair Complex: Advanced phytonutrient support to help strengthen thinning hair
- Retinyl Palmitate: Scientifically proven cosmeceutical
- Saw Palmetto: Nourishing herbal support for maximum effectiveness
- Biotin: B-vitamin, promotes healthy looking hair
- Panthenol: Strengthens and moisturizes the hair shaft
- Tocopheryl Acetate: Provides the antioxidant vitamin E to help promote healthy vibrant-looking hair and scalp
- Hydrolyzed Keratin: Promotes cellular balance of scalp
- He Shou Wu: Chinese herb traditionally used to promote the appearance of thick, healthy hair
- Jojoba Oil: Adds luster and strength to hair; moisturizes the hair and scalp
About Hair Loss
Shen Min™ is suitable for both men and women and can be used by anyone suffering from progressive, hormone-driven (DHT or estrogen), age-related hair loss. Shen Min™ is not designed to target sudden, usual or other types of hair loss. People with these types of hair loss should consult a physician immediately.
Healthy hair growth consists of three phases:
- Anagen phase:
This is the growth phase of the hair cycle during which new hair is formed; lasting from two to six years in a healthy person. Some people have difficulty growing their hair beyond a certain length because they have a short anagen phase of hair growth, whereas people who easily grow long hair have a long anagen phase of hair growth.
- Catagen phase:
This is the transitional stage between the growing (anagen) and resting (telogen) phases of the hair's growth cycle, lasting about one to three weeks. During this phase, hair growth stops and the outer layer, or sheath, of the hair follicle shrinks and attaches to the root of the hair. This is the formation of what is known as a club hair, which will eventually be pushed out and replaced with new hair.
- Telogen phase:
This is the resting phase of the hair growth cycle that lasts about 3 months. The hair does not grow in the telogen phase. While hair mostly stays attached to the follicle during this stage, natural shedding does occur in this stage. The hair follicle re-enters the anagen or growth phase at the end of the telogen phase, and the hair growth cycle continues.
Everyone experiences some hair loss every day. In fact, it's normal for men, women, and children to lose 50 to 100 scalp hairs a day. However, some people experience hereditary or hormonal-related hair loss and lose hair at a faster rate, and often earlier in life. In these cases, hair loss might have started with a few extra hairs in the sink, but gradually progressed to where the scalp was becoming more and more visible.
Hereditary or hormonal-related hair loss in both men and women is marked by a progressive miniaturization of hair follicles, causing a shortening of the hair growth cycle. As the growth phase shortens (anagen), the hair becomes thinner and shorter, to the point where there is no growth at all. Hair loss or hair thinning is most commonly associated with aging or hereditary, but can also be attributed to stress, changes in immune health, nutritional deficiencies, and other causes. Because hereditary hair loss is gradual, the sooner treatment is started, the better the chances of slowing or halting the hair loss process. Hair loss may lead to baldness in men, and excessive thinning of the hair in women when the rate of shedding exceeds the rate of regrowth, when new hair is thinner than the hair shed, or when hair comes out in patches.
Hair Loss in Men
Men have a 50% chance of experiencing hair loss by their 50th birthday, however, many men lose hair to some degree by age 35. This hereditary condition, clinically termed androgenetic alopecia, and more commonly known as male pattern baldness (MPB), is characterized by a receding hairline, as well as a loss of hair on top of the scalp.
MPB is the most common type of progressive hair loss caused by hormones, genes and age. Research indicates that the primary cause of MPB is the increased level of DHT (dihydrotestosterone), the "bad" form of the hormone testosterone. This form of testosterone fits perfectly onto a receptor site on the follicle causing the hair to shorten its normal growth phase. In most men, the hairs in the front of the scalp are more sensitive to DHT, causing men to lose their hair in a distinct pattern, starting with a receding hairline, often coupled with a growing bald spot on top of the head. While going bald isn't life threatening to men, it can be life altering.
Hair Loss in Women
The effect of increased levels of DHT in women is noticeably different than it is in men. Women tend to suffer from general thinning of the hair as they age. This is driven by a combination of rising levels of DHT as well as decreasing levels of estrogen brought on by menopause. DHT appears to cause follicles to enter the resting phase (telogen) faster and this shedding continues at a quicker and quicker rate, causing the "new" hair to become finer and ultimately leading to the follicles shutting down and becoming dormant. This type of hair loss in women is termed female pattern thinning (FPT).
Women also suffer from pattern hair loss, although not as prominently as men. The condition occurs in up to 25% of pre-menopausal women and approximately 40% of post-menopausal women. While pattern hair loss normally does not affect the frontal hairline in women as it does in men, thinning over the front and top of the scalp is typical and can be devastating to a woman's self-esteem, which can leave her feeling unattractive.
Other Hair Loss
Examples of temporary hair loss include:*
- Disease. Could include diabetes, lupus and thyroid disorders.
- Poor nutrition. Inadequate nourishment can cause you to experience hair loss. Fad or crash diets, eating disorders, and certain illnesses can cause poor nutrition.
- Medications. Certain drugs may cause hair loss in some people. Taking birth control pills also may result in hair loss for some women.
- Medical treatments. Undergoing chemotherapy or radiation therapy may cause you to develop alopecia. After your treatment ends, your hair typically begins to regrow.
- Illness or surgery. These conditions cause hair to shift into a resting phase, but will appear after the growth phase resumes.
- Childbirth. Some women experience hair loss several months after delivering a baby, but this temporary hair loss usually corrects itself within a few months.
- Hair treatments. Hairstyling chemicals and procedures can cause damaged and broken hair.
- Scalp infection. Infections such as ringworm can invade the hair and skin of your scalp, leading to hair loss. Once infections are treated, hair generally regrows.
*People with these types of hair loss should consult a physician immediately
Shen Min™ is the natural solution for the following type of hair loss:
About Shen Min
Shen Min is a natural line of dietary supplements designed to help reduce hair loss and enhance hair growth in men and women. Shen Min formulas are specifically designed to help block the negative effects of DHT, the “bad” form of testosterone. This action helps prevent additional hair loss and enhances hair growth naturally. Age-related hair loss is due in part to rising levels of DHT. As we age, the levels of DHT tend to rise. This leads to hair loss in men and hair thinning in women. Shen min offers a complete hair regrowth system for men and women.