Ortho Molecular Products - Orthomega Liquid Fish Oil Natural Mango - 5.07 oz. (150 mL)
Ortho Molecular Products Orthomega Liquid Fish Oil Natural Mango provides high-intensity omega-3 support with 1.3 g of EPA and 850 mg of DHA per serving. For those who want to significantly increase omega-3 levels, the natural mango-flavored liquid is the ideal alternative to encapsulated fish oil supplements. It is sourced from waters off the Chilean coast, the world's least industrialized coastline. These cold, fresh waters provide the cleanest, most sustainable source of fish in the world. Orthomega Liquid includes EPA and DHA in natural, bioidentical triglyceride forms for enhanced absorption and better assimilation into the body. With over 10,000 published studies in the last three decades, EPA and DHA from fish oil are among the most researched natural ingredients available and have a long history of safety and efficacy.
Orthomega Liquid Fish Oil Natural Mango Features:
- Supports cardiovascular health and blood sugar metabolism
- Supports cognitive function and development
- Supports healthy skin, joints and connective tissues
- Increases visual and ocular health
- Helps maintain a healthy inflammatory reponse and strengthen immune function
Omega-3 fatty acids are essential cornerstones of human nutrition. People need them for proper health, but cannot produce them on their own. They must therefore consume these fats through diet or supplementation. Omega-3 fatty acids are known to benefit cardiovascular health, support healthy brain function and cognition, and help maintain a healthy inflammatory response. Achieving the proper balance of omega-3s has become an important health strategy, requiring supplementation for most people. The American Heart Association recommends that those concerned about blood lipids take up to 4 g of omega-3 fatty acids per day.
Omega-3 Fatty Acids
In nature, omega-3s occur as alpha linolenic acid (ALA), found mostly in plants, and as long-chain EPA and DHA, which primarily originate from cold-water fish. The body is able to slowly convert the shorter chain ALA to the more active long-chain EPA and DHA. However, many people lack the enzymes delta-5 and delta- 6 desaturase needed to make the conversion, making a higher dietary intake of EPA and DHA necessary. In addition, major changes in the modern diet over the last century have led to a decrease in the general consumption of omega-3 fatty acids, and a dramatic increase in the dietary ratio of omega-6: omega-3 fatty acids.
The Ortho Difference
Quality Beyond What's Expected
Following are just some of the steps Ortho Molecular Products takes to ensure the quality of their formulas:
- Ortho Molecular follow rigid SOPs (standard operating procedures) and MOPs (methods of procedure) throughout every stage of production, leaving nothing to chance.
- They test all incoming raw materials in their state-of-the-art, in-house laboratory for identity (Is the material what it says it is?), purity (Does it contain any contaminants?), and composition (Does it match expected specifications?).
- Ortho Molecular mix all of their raw materials in dedicated blending rooms using a custom-made 5,000-liter mixer following strict protocols to ensure product consistency.
- They manufacture every batch of product in dedicated tabletting and encapsulating rooms, which are thoroughly cleaned and dried after each batch is made to protect against cross-contamination. It can take up to eight hours just to clean one room!
- Ortho Molecular perform thorough post-cleaning inspections to ensure the highest state of sanitation has been achieved.
- They test all finished products for identity (Does the formula contain the correct ingredients?), strength (Are the ingredients present in the potencies claimed?), and purity (Does the formula contain any contaminants?).
- Ortho Molecular subject every new formula to stability testing, which involves assaying ingredients to detect any degradation at 6-month intervals, thus ensuring the formula meets label claim at expiration.
Manufacturing To A Higher Standard
These days, most dietary supplement companies are really sales and marketing firms. While they may formulate their own products, it is standard to outsource the manufacturing, laboratory testing, bottling, and labeling to a big contract manufacturer. The upside to this practice is that it's convenient. The downside is that companies lose control to others that don't share the same passion for the quality of the products.
Ortho Molecular Products is unique in that they operate their own 100,000-square-foot, cGMP, FDA-audited manufacturing facility that is based in Stevens Point, Wisconsin and staffed by highly trained personnel who share a passion for efficacy. Because we control the entire production process - from formulation…to raw materials sourcing…to manufacturing…to laboratory testing of incoming materials and finished product…to bottling and labeling - they are free to be perfectionists.
Ortho Molecular Products manufacturing facility is strictly controlled by rigorous standards that meet cGMPs, and it routinely passes FDA and third-party audits. Extensive testing on every product we manufacture means you can trust the consistent purity, strength, identity, and composition of each and every Ortho Molecular Products formula.
It's rare for a supplement company to handle all phases of production. But when your standards are as high as theirs, you don't want to entrust it to anyone else.
About Ortho Molecular Products
There are many choices in the dietary supplement market an overwhelming number of companies selling a dizzying array of products, all promising results. As a health care practitioner making recommendations to your patients, you feel a responsibility to sort through those options and find the best products to support the health of those who have put their trust in you.
The Power of e is their commitment to efficacy that produces the highest possible levels of patient wellness. From raw-material selection, all the way to the finished products they manufacture, everything Ortho do is guided by the goal of achieving greater efficacy. Ortho Molecular Products are proud of their 25 year tradition of successfully combining evidence-based formulations and superior raw ingredients to develop efficacious supplements that noticeably enhance patient health.