Badger All Natural Sunscreen Cream SPF 30 - 2.9 oz. (87 ml)
Badger All Natural Sunscreen Cream SPF 30 is a safe and natural sunscreen that protects your skin. Badger proudly presents the most extraordinary sunscreens Badger has ever seen. Badger SPF formulas are water resistant, safe for children of all ages, block both UVA and UVB rays, and thoroughly moisturize while they protect your skin. These natural, physical barrier sunscreens are made with zinc oxide instead of chemicals. Since the inception of this steamy, dreamy potion, previously sun-shy Badgers have been sighted belly up on the most luxurious beaches around the world. Meet you at the beach!
- Broad spectrum protection from UVA & UVB rays using the safe mineral Zinc Oxide – No oxybenzone, octinoxate, or other chemical active sunscreening agents.
- Water resistant for at least 40 minutes & Biodegradable
- Lightly scented with Organic Bulgarian Lavender in an organic moisturizing base of Sunflower Oil, Beeswax, and Vitamin E.
- Antioxidants from Seabuckthorn & Sunflower are great for your skin.
- BPA & phthalate-free tube from #2 recyclable plastic.
What are the differences between physical sunscreens, chemical sunscreens and mineral sunscreens?
Physical barrier sunscreens (like Badger's) form a film on top of the skin that reflects, absorbs, and scatters UV light using the minerals zinc oxide and/or Titanium Dioxide. Badger Balm uses only non-nano zinc oxide for their sunscreens because they feel it is the safest & most effective option - and it has been used on the skin for hundreds of years.
Unlike physical barrier sunscreens, chemical sunscreens are designed to soak into the skin, absorbing UV rays before they can do any damage. Most chemical ingredients protect against either UVA or UVB, but not for both, so many conventional sunscreens use several chemical active ingredients. Since these chemical sunscreens absorb into the skin they are more likely to cause irritation or allergies. Furthermore, they can get into your blood potentially causing unwanted health effects.
What does SPF mean?
Sun Protection Factor, or SPF, is a measurement of how well a sunscreen will protect skin from UVB rays, the kind of radiation that causes sunburn and contributes to skin cancer. SPF does not indicate how well a product will protect you from UVA rays. Read all about SPF.
Sunblock vs. sunscreen vs. sun screens. What's the difference?
Sunblock is an out of date term for sunscreen. The FDA no longer allows the use of the term 'sunblock' since no skin care products completely 'block' the sun. Sunscreens are skin products that either reflect or absorb UVB and/or UVA rays and are FDA registered drugs in the USA. Sun Screens are physical objects like a screen, an umbrella, or clothing.
- To create fabulously pure and effective products of the highest natural quality, based on simplicity and thoughtful preparation, with the intention to soothe and heal.
- To run a business that is fun, fair and profitable; where money is fuel, not a goal; and where the vision for a healthier world finds expression through the way they work and through the way they treat each other and the people they serve.
- Individual responsibility in a team concept
- Personal and caring approach in communications
- Supporting organic, sustainable agriculture through their purchasing practices
- A business environment that is respectful and supportive of all employees, and of the people they serve
- Personal and social healing through their charitable giving
- Environmental responsibility
- Honesty and integrity in their business practices
- Fun is good
The Story of Badger Balm
"Back in the winter of 1993, Badger Bill was a carpenter with dry hands and cracked fingertips. He spent much of my time banging nails outside in some pretty harsh conditions. he also loved working with herbs and natural remedies. This turned out to be a fortunate coincidence. As fate would have it, he went into his kitchen and made up a batch of what later became Badger Balm. It healed his fingers and a business was born...
He was going to call that first product "Bear Paw," but the name was already taken! At first, he was disappointed. Then the name "Badger" came to him, as if in a dream, and he knew it was the right choice. The Badger is a healing totem, the root gatherer with a deep knowledge of the secrets of the root and herb kingdoms; fierce, effective in defense of the self and family, and persistent in overcoming obstacles, successfully seeing projects through to the end.
Badger Balm has been to the South Pole on the hands and feet of explorers on skis; it has soothed the fingers of trapeze artists and rock climbers; it has been a staple for river rafters, sled doggers, and weight lifters for years.
And what it does for them it can do for you! The key to this super soothing balm is in the ingredients: Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Beeswax. They are rich in natural ferments, enzymes, vitamin E, and essential fatty acids, which leave your skin feeling silky smooth. Funny thing is this simple combination of oil and wax is gentle enough for problem skin yet tough and effective enough for rough weathered skin anywhere on the body. Rub It In. Use It Regularly. Expect Results.