Texas French Toast
Thick-cut white bread makes a hearty French toast.
- 3 large eggs
- 6 Tbs low–fat (1%) milk
- 1 vanilla bean, pulp removed
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 slices white bread, thick–cut
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla bean, and cinnamon.
- Spray a nonstick pan with cooking spray, and heat it over the stove on medium.
- Dip the bread slices into the egg batter and place them in the pan. Cook one side until golden brown, then turn the slices over and cook the remaining side until golden brown.
Calories from Fat 50 (34%)
(8%)Total Fat 5g
(8%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 15g
(4%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2016.