Pineapple Ginger Chicken Stir-Fry
A quick and easy tropical stir-fry that's perfect for your next family meal.
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts, skinless and boneless, cubed
- 2 tsp peanut oil
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 3 Tbs molasses
- 2 Tbs fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 8 scallions, cut lengthwise into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup crystallized ginger, minced
- In a non-stick wok or large frying pan over high heat, warm oil. Add chicken and sauté until firm and well-browned, about 6 minutes. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add pineapple and molasses and stir-fry until the pineapple is brown and tender.
- Stir in the lime juice, red pepper flakes, scallions, and chicken. Sauté until scallions are bright green and the chicken is fully cooked, about 5 minutes. Toss in ginger and serve over rice.
Recipe courtesy of the National Chicken Council
Calories from Fat 41 (3%)
Total Fat 5g
Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 272g
Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.