Italian Beef & Pasta
This beefy one-pot meal plumps up the pasta in its delicious juices.
- 1- 1/4 lbs boneless beef chuck steaks, cut 1/2 inch thick
- 1 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained, broken up
- 1 can (13-3/4 to 14-1/2 ounces) ready-to-serve beef broth
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 lb small mushrooms, halved
- 4 oz uncooked mostaccioli (1-1/2 cups)
- 2 Tbs grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut beef steaks into 1-inch pieces. Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat until hot. Brown beef, 1/2 at a time; remove. Pour off drippings.
- Add onion, garlic and Italian seasoning to Dutch oven; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add beef, tomatoes, broth and wine; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 1-1/2 hours or until beef is tender.
- Stir in mushrooms and mostaccioli; continue cooking, covered, 20 minutes. Uncover; continue cooking 10 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir in cheese.
Recipe courtesy of the National Cattleman’s Beef Association
Calories from Fat 123 (29%)
(21%)Total Fat 14g
(19%)Saturated Fat 4g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrate 34g
(14%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.