- 2 lbs fresh monkfish or scallops
- 4 Tbs butter or margarine
- 4 green onions
- 2/3 cup Noilly Prat vermouth
- 6 Tbs light cream or milk
- Wash fish and pat dry with paper towels. Slice fish about ¼ inch thick, so that the pieces resemble medallions. Melt butter in a large frying pan. Fry the fish until the pieces turn opaque. Set aside. Add onions and suate until tender. Add vermouth and reduce to half. Add light cream and simmer 2-3 minutes. Add back fish and heat until warm throughout. Serve over pasta.
Recipe courtesy of the National Fisheries Institute
Calories from Fat 130 (55%)
(23%)Total Fat 15g
(41%)Saturated Fat 8g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 2g
(2%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.