Cherry Tomato and Portobello Omelet
Ranch dressing adds a nice zip to this mushroom, cheese, and tomato omelet.
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 cup thinly sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 2 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbs ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbs chopped fresh parsley
- Heat butter in 7 to 10-inch nonstick omelet pan or skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add mushrooms; sauté until tender, 4–5 minutes. Add tomatoes; sauté until heated through, 1 minute. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- Beat eggs and ranch dressing in small bowl until blended. Heat omelet pan over medium-high heat until hot. Pour in egg mixture. Mixture should set immediately at edges.
- Gently push cooked portions from edges toward the center with inverted spatula so that uncooked eggs can reach the hot pan surface. Continue cooking, tilting pan and gently moving cooked portions as needed.
- When top surface of eggs is thickened and no visible liquid egg remains, place mushroom filling on one side of the omelet; sprinkle with cheese and parsley. Fold omelet in half with spatula. With a quick flip of the wrist, turn pan and invert or slide omelet onto plate. Serve immediately.
Calories from Fat 263 (64%)
Total Fat 30g
Saturated Fat 12g
Polyunsaturated Fat 6g
Monounsaturated Fat 9g
Total Carbohydrate 13g
Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.