Caribbean Pork and Mango Salad
Get in an island frame of mind with this fresh and festive salad that's a feast for the senses.
- 3/4 lb cooked pork roast, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 6 cups mixed greens
- 1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 mangos (large ripe), peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup fruit-flavored vinaigrette dressing
- In large bowl, gently toss all ingredients with dressing. Serve on shallow salad bowls or dinner plates.
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board
Substitution Tip: If mangos are hard to find, use 2 8-ounce cans mandarin orange segments, drained. Or 1 26-ounce jar of mango slices, drained.
Calories from Fat 72 (18%)
(14%)Total Fat 9g
(14%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 52g
(50%)Dietary Fiber 12g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.