Caribbean Barbecued Pork Chops
Plantains hold up perfectly to the heat of grilling and give these chops a Caribbean flair.
- 8 bone-in pork rib chops, 3/4-inch thick
- 1/4 cup cumin
- 1 tsp kosher salt, or sea salt
- 1 white onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 yellow plantains, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 large red bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pineapple, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup honey barbecue sauce
- 8 wooden skewers
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes. Prepare medium-hot grill. Combine cumin and salt and press evenly onto both sides of pork rib chops. Add mix of vegetables and fruit to each skewer.
- Grill chops and kabobs for 8-10 minutes, until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 160° F and kabobs are turning to brown. Brush with honey barbecue sauce during final 5 minutes of cooking.
- Serve with white rice.
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board
Cooking Tip: Grill the chops and the kabobs at the same time.
Calories from Fat 60 (23%)
(10%)Total Fat 7g
(10%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 31g
(14%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.