California Salmon Burger
Try this healthy variation as a delicious alternative at your next backyard barbecue.
- 1 1/3 lbs boneless, skinless salmon, cut into chunks
- 1 cup sliced olives, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 2 tsp crushed fennel seeds
- 1 tsp minced lemon zest
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 6 whole-grain hamburger buns
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 3 cups loosely packed arugula leaves
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- Place salmon in bowl of food processor and pulse 3 to 5 times until coarsely ground. Transfer to clean mixing bowl and stir in 3/4 cup olives, chives, fennel seeds, lemon zest and salt. Form into 6 patties and grill over medium-high heat for 4 to 6 minutes on each side.
- While burgers are cooking, slice buns in half and place on grill until lightly toasted, then transfer to serving plates. Combine shallots, arugula, lemon juice and remaining olives in small mixing bowl. Set aside. Place 1 cooked burger on the bottom half of each bun. Top with arugula mixture and remaining buns.
Calories from Fat 98 (33%)
(17%)Total Fat 11g
(11%)Saturated Fat 2g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 23g
(12%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.