Buffalo Chicken Bites
If buffalo wings make your knees grow weak, try this spicy version. These bites have the same feisty flavor, but they aren't laden with saturated fat.
Blue Cheese Dressing3 Tbs (1 1/4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tsp finely chopped green onion
- 1/2 tsp white wine vinegar
Chicken Bites2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (10 ounces), cut into 1" cubes
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 Tbs mild cayenne pepper sauce
- 1 Tbs butter, melted
- 3 ribs celery, cut into 2" sticks
- 1 cup baby carrots
Blue Cheese DressingIn a small bowl, mash together the blue cheese and sour cream with the back of a spoon. Stir in the green onion and vinegar until blended. Set aside.
Chicken BitesPreheat the oven to 400°F. In a medium bowl, toss together the chicken cubes, scallion, and 1 tablespoon of the pepper sauce. Thread the chicken on twelve 6" bamboo skewers, using 2 pieces of chicken per skewer. Arrange on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, toss together the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons pepper sauce and the butter. Arrange the cooked chicken skewers on one half of a serving platter in a single layer. Brush the chicken cubes with the pepper sauce. Place the celery and carrots on the platter and serve with the blue cheese dressing.
Copyright © 2005 by Rodale Inc.
Calories from Fat 76 (47%)
Total Fat 9g
Saturated Fat 5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 6g
Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.