Beef Steaks with Parmesan-Grilled Vegetables
T-bone steaks always look impressive on the plate. This preparation includes Parmesan and garlic in the coating.
- 2 beef T-bone or Porterhouse steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs red wine vinegar
- 2 medium red or yellow bell peppers, quartered
- 1 large red onion, sliced (1/2-inch)
- Seasoning:1 Tbs minced garlic
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp pepper
- Combine seasoning ingredients. Remove 4 teaspoons; press onto beef steaks. Add cheese, oil and vinegar to remaining seasoning; mix well.
- Place steaks in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange vegetables around steaks. Grill steaks, uncovered, 14 to 16 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally. Grill bell peppers 12 to 15 minutes and onion 15 to 20 minutes or until tender, turning once. Brush vegetables with cheese mixture during last 10 minutes.
- Carve steaks. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with vegetables.
Recipe courtesy of the National Cattleman’s Beef Association
To broil, place steaks and vegetables on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 3 to 4 inches from heat. Broil 15 to 20 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness and until vegetables are tender, turning once. Brush vegetables with cheese mixture during last 3 to 4 minutes.
Calories from Fat 320 (58%)
(55%)Total Fat 36g
(65%)Saturated Fat 13g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 17g
Total Carbohydrate 7g
(7%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.