Beef Steak & Roasted Vegetable Salad
This full salad meal is brimming with roasted vegetables and steak on a crunchy bed of greens.
- 1 lb boneless beef top loin or tenderloin steaks, cut 1 inch thick
- 8 cups torn salad greens
- 3/4 cup prepared Italian dressing
- Roasted Vegetables:16 small mushrooms
- 1 large red, yellow or green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch wide strips
- 1 medium Japanese eggplant, sliced (1-inch)
- 1 medium onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced (1-inch)
- 2 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- Heat oven to 425°F. Spray 15 x 10-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Place vegetables in pan; spray generously with cooking spray. Drizzle with vinegar; sprinkle with garlic, rosemary and salt and pepper. Stir to coat. Roast in 425°F oven 30 to 35 minutes or until tender, stirring once. Cool slightly.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place steaks in skillet; cook top loin steaks 12 to 15 minutes (tenderloin steaks 10 to 13 minutes) for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally. Remove; let stand 10 minutes.
- Carve steaks; season with salt. Arrange beef and vegetables on greens. Serve with dressing.
Recipe courtesy of the National Cattleman’s Beef Association
Calories from Fat 140 (42%)
(24%)Total Fat 16g
(26%)Saturated Fat 5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 6g
Total Carbohydrate 21g
(32%)Dietary Fiber 8g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2017 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires December 2017.