Baked Mushroom Topped Brie
In this inspired appetizer, the sharp flavor of brie is enhanced with a savory topping of mushrooms, rosemary, thyme, and crunchy walnuts.
- 1/2 lb fresh sliced mushrooms (white or crimini)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 large clove garlic, sliced
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp dried pepper
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 wheel cold Brie cheese
- 2 Tbs finely minced fresh parsley or chives (optional)
- Finely chop mushrooms, onions, walnuts and garlic, thyme, rosemary and pepper in food processor.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir mushroom mixture for 5-7 minutes or until all liquid has evaporated. Stir in vinegar and cook 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature; cover and chill.
- At serving time slice the wheel of Brie in half horizontally and place cut side up on oven -proof serving plate or baking pan. Spoon the topping evenly on cut surfaces of Brie. Bake in 350° F oven for about 8-10 minutes or until cheese is beginning to melt. Sprinkle parsley or chives on top to garnish if desired. Serve with thinly sliced whole wheat baguette or plain crackers.
Cooking Tip: To barbecue, place cheese on presoaked cedar plank and barbecue, covered over medium -high heat for 8-10 minutes.
Calories from Fat 65 (72%)
(11%)Total Fat 7g
(16%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 2g
(2%)Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.