Baked Asparagus with Goat Cheese and Bread Crumbs
Looking for a quick addition to your meal? Only four simple ingredients combine to make this warming dish.
- 1- 1/2 lbs jumbo or extra-large asparagus, trimmed
- 2- 1/4 Tbs butter, melted, divided
- 2 oz fresh white goat cheese, crumbled into bits (about 1/2-cup)
- 1/2 cup fresh, white breadcrumbs
- Coat asparagus spears with 1-1/2 tablespoons melted butter, then salt lightly. Arrange in an oven-to-table shallow baking dish large enough to hold the asparagus in 1 layer. Evenly distribute cheese bits over asparagus, then sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Drizzle remaining 1 tablespoon melted butter over breadcrumbs.
- Bake at 400º F. until asparagus is tender-crisp and the breadcrumbs lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
Calories from Fat 37 (31%)
(8%)Total Fat 5g
(0%)Saturated Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 20g
(12%)Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.