Autumn Glazed Pork Chops
These chops are an easy weekday dinner that highlights autumn flavors of nutmeg, cider, and cranberry.
- 4 boneless pork chops, 3/4-inch thick
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup apple cider, or juice
- 1/2 cup whole cranberry sauce
- 2 Tbs honey
- 2 Tbs frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick coating. Heat over medium-high heat. Sprinkle both sides of chops with pepper. Brown chops 2-3 minutes on each side in hot skillet. Add apple cider. Cover tightly; cook over low heat for 5-6 minutes or until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 160° F. Drain off juices.
- In a small bowl combine cranberry sauce, honey, orange juice concentrate, ginger and nutmeg. Pour over chops. Cook for 1-2 minutes, until heated through.
Recipe courtesy of the National Pork Board
Serving Suggestion: Serve with baked sweet potatoes and steamed cauliflower.
Calories from Fat 21 (10%)
(3%)Total Fat 2g
(3%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 28g
(2%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.