Asparagus with Lime Aioli, Egg and Green Onion
This tasty salad works well as a light main dish for brunch, lunch, or as a festive spring side dish.
- 1- 1/2 lbs large asparagus, trimmed
- salt, as needed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs water
- 1 Tbs fresh lime juice
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, roughly chopped
- 3 Tbs thinly sliced green onion
- Put asparagus into a large skillet of salted, boiling water. Boil until tender-crisp, about 3 minutes. Drain well; spread on paper towel to cool.
- Meanwhile, to make aioli, mix mayonnaise with olive oil, water, lime juice, and garlic; reserve. Over a piece of wax paper or paper towel, force egg through a sieve with the back of a wooden spoon, making sure to scrape off the egg that clings to the underside of the sieve.
- Arrange asparagus on a platter, then drizzle with reserve aioli. Sprinkle with egg, then green onion. Lightly season with salt.
Calories from Fat 182 (83%)
(32%)Total Fat 21g
(15%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 5g
(8%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.