Asparagus Pizza with Red Bell Pepper, Olive, and Feta Cheese
For a quick and tasty vegetarian meal, this pizza will hit the spot.
- 1 unbaked pizza dough shell, 12 inches
- 2/3 cup diced (1/2 inch) bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped Kalamata olive
- 12 oz fresh asparagus, trimmed, then blanched
- 3 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded (about 3/4 cup)
- 3 oz feta cheese, crumbled (about 3/4 cup)
- On the dough shell, layer in order, red bell pepper, onion, and olive. Arrange asparagus spears, tips toward edge, in a pinwheel fashion over vegetables. Evenly sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake at 500° F degrees until crust and cheese are lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Cut into 8 wedges.
Calories from Fat 132 (33%)
(22%)Total Fat 14g
(45%)Saturated Fat 9g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate 44g
(28%)Dietary Fiber 7g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.