Asian Shrimp Skewers with Pears
Pears and honey are a sweet compliment to the mix of savory flavors in this Asian-inspired dish.
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbs sesame oil
- 1 Tbs ginger, ground
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 pears, cored, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 36 shrimp, peeled, deveined, 31/40 count
- 1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded, cut into 12, 1-inch squares
- 12 skewers
- Whisk together honey, soy sauce, sesame oil, ground ginger, garlic and red pepper flakes until blended; set aside.
- Arrange 3 cubes pear, 3 shrimp, 1 pepper square and 1 cherry tomato on each skewer.
- Place skewers in large shallow pan. Pour marinade over kabobs and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Brush grill with oil. Preheat grill.
- Grill kabobs over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes on each side until shrimp is cooked.
Calories from Fat 48 (23%)
(8%)Total Fat 5g
(4%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrate 34g
(8%)Dietary Fiber 2g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.