Asian Noodles with Shrimp
Use leftover cooked pork, chicken or turkey in place of shrimp. Serve leftover pasta cold as a noodle salad.
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 Tbs soy sauce, low sodium
- 2 Tbs honey
- 1 tsp Chinese chili paste, (or pinch red chili pepper flakes)
- 10 oz soba noodles, uncooked (or angel hair pasta)
- 2 tsp sesame oil, divided
- 2 Tbs ginger root, minced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 lb medium shrimp, uncooked, cleaned and deveined
- In a jar or small bowl, mix together rice vinegar, soy sauce, honey and chili paste. Set aside.
- Cook noodles in a large pot of rapidly boiling water until done. Drain and return to pot. Mix noodles with 1 tsp (5mL) sesame oil and cover to keep warm.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat 1 tsp (5mL) sesame oil. Add ginger root, green onions and shrimp, stir frying just until shrimp turns pink. Add sauce and cook for 1 minute. Add noodles and cook until thoroughly heated.
- Serve immediately.
Calories from Fat 41 (10%)
(7%)Total Fat 5g
(4%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 72g
(2%)Dietary Fiber 1g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.