Apricot and Toasted Almond Stuffing
A holiday stuffing that blends the wonderful flavors of apricots, cranberries, brandy and toasted almonds all in one dish.
- 1 cup brandy
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, diced (10 apricot halves)
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 cups stuffing cubes, (cubed dried white bread)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds, sliced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Place the brandy and apricots in a small saucepan. Heat to boiling. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add celery, onion and garlic, sauté until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Add brandy and apricots, and cook until half of the liquid evaporates. Remove from heat and cool.
- In a large bowl, combine apricot mixture, stuffing cubes, broth, almonds, cranberries, egg, thyme and pepper; tossing gently. Spoon the bread mixture into a 2-quart (2L) casserole that has been sprayed with vegetable oil spray. Cover with lid, and bake for 45 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Calories from Fat 70 (14%)
(12%)Total Fat 8g
(7%)Saturated Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 84g
(19%)Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.