Apple Pear Cranberry Crisp
Whole wheat flour, brown sugar, maple syrup, and less butter keep this tasty crisp as healthy as it's delicious.
- Filling:3 Granny Smith apples, cored and sliced
- 2 Bartlet pears, cored and sliced
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- juice from one lemon
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 Tbs maple syrup
- Topping:1 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients for the filling. Set aside.
- In a separate microwave safe bowl, melt butter. Add oats, flour, sugar, and cinnamon, stirring well to combine.
- Line the bottom of a casserole dish with the apple pear mixture and top it with the rolled oat mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 40 minutes or until top is browned.
- Serve warm.
Calories from Fat 49 (36%)
(9%)Total Fat 6g
(17%)Saturated Fat 3g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 23g
(15%)Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugar Alcohols 0g
Copyright © 2016 Healthnotes, Inc. All rights reserved. www.healthnotes.com
Read our healthy recipe definitions.
Learn more about Healthnotes, the company.
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2017.