Evening Primrose Oil by Efamol
Efamol Evening Primrose Oil 1000 mg. - 90 Softgel Capsules
Efamol Evening Primrose Oil contains aminimum of 10% GLA. Efamol Evening Primrose Oil contains Vitamin E, an antioxidant, to support good health. Efamol Evening Primrose Oil also contains Essential Fatty Acids (Linoleic Acid) to support good health. Efamol Evening Primrose Oil is sne of the most potent evening primrose oil supplements available containing rich levels of the omega-6 nutrient GLA to help maintain hormonal balance and smooth, healthy-looking skin. Efamol evening Primrose Oil contains Pure Evening Primrose Oil, a biologically active form of omega-6 essential fatty acid, Gamma-Linolenic Acid. Your body converts GLA to hormone-like substances that are essential to proper functioning of the circulatory, immune and nervouse systems.
Features of Efamol Evening Primrose Oil:
- Free from sodium, sugar, starch, gluten, wheat, yeast, dairy, artificial colours and preservatives
- Efamol Evening Primrose Oil contains 33% more Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA) than most other evening primrose oils.
- With Vitamin E
- Experience lovelier, more radiant skin
- 12% less skin fatigue
- 18% smoother
- 18% improved skin moisture
- 16% firmer
- 7% better elasticity
Effective for Atopic Eczema
Efamol Pure evening Primrose Oil improves the symptoms of skin conditions like atopic eczema and dry, flaky skin. A study of healthy women showed that regular intake of Efamol Pure evening Primrose Oil noticeably improved the health of skin, giving it a smooth, natural glow. Daily nutritional supplementation can help you achieve that healthy glow by saturating your skin with moisture and protecting it from environmental oxidative damage.
Eases Premenstrual Symptoms
Many women experience little or no discomfort, mild mood changes, bloating or breast tenderness associated with their menstrual cycle. These women also have normal levels of polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs) in their bodies which may help control typical responses to circulating hormones. Women suffering with premenstrual syndrome often have a metabolic block that interferes with the body's ability to make GLA, making supplementation beneficial. Supplementing the diet with Efamol Pure Evening Primrose Oil ensures that an intake of PUFAs that support a normal, healthy attitude during premenstrual symdrome (PMS).
Prevents and Repairs Nerve Damage
Diabetic neuropathy is nerve damage caused by long-term diabetes. Symptoms include loss of touch sensation (including hot and cold), muscle weakness, blood pressure problems, bladder problems, impotence, and stomach and intestinal upset. Efamol Pure Evening Primrose Oil provides the essential fatty acids that help open up blood vessels and improve circulation around the nerves. Research indicates that pure evening primrose oil can prevent and repair nerve damage caused by diabetes.
Efamol Pure Evening Primrose Oil is specially formulated:
- To maintain hormonal balance via prostaglandin metabolism.
- To maintain health of skin, hair and nails, being not only an essential element of the skin structure, but also a precursor of prostaglandins, which have an important role to play in the maintenance of healthy skin
- To maintain peripheral nerve health.
The most effective source of GLA
Efamol Pure Evening Primrose Oil is a rich source of the polyunsaturated fatty acid GLA. It provides GLA in the form most effectively absorbed and utilised by the body. GLA controls the body's production of prostaglandins, chemical messengers that help to regulate many of the body's processes including the reproductive cycle and the maintenance of hormonal balance. Efamol specializes in products made with pure evening primrose oil, which contains Essential Fatty Acids, including a biologically active form of omega-6. Efamol's Pure evening Primrose Oil is obtained from the finest quality select seeds, which are grown and harvested to provide up to 33% more GLA than any other evening primrose oil on the market. Efamol uses a special oil-extraction technique that ensures the oil from the evening primrose seeds remains in its most natural and potent form.
For smooth, healthy-looking skin
GLA is also an essential element of the skin structure and is needed for smooth, healthy looking skin.
The importance of fatty acids.
Every single function of the body, right down to the beating of your heart, depends on the presence of the right fats and fatty acids in cell membranes.
There are two 'families' of essential fatty acids (EFAs), the omega-6 and omega-3 series, the 'parents' of which are an essential component of a healthy diet as they cannot be produced by our bodies:
- Linoleic acid (LA) is the parent fatty acid of the omega-6 family and is commonly found in vegetable oils such as corn oil, sunflower oil, palm oil, rapeseed oil and soya oil. Evening Primrose Oil is a member of the omega-6 family.
- Alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) is the parent of the omega-3 family and predominantly comes from green leafy vegetables and some vegetable oils (flax, rape and soya), while the longer chain members of the omega-3 series are predominantly found in fish and fish oils.
These essential fatty acids are converted in the body by enzymes into Long Chain Polyunsaturated fatty acids (LCPUFAs). The four most important LCPUFAs needed by the body are:
- Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA) - An important omega-6 nutrient needed for important bodily functions such as the maintenance of hormonal balance and healthy skin structure. Can also be broken down into AA.
- Arachidonic Acid (AA) - An important omega-6 nutrient found in the membranes of nerves and helps with the transmission of messages in the central nervous system.
- Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) - An important omega-3 nutrient needed by the body for the structure of nerves and cells and is needed for brain and eye health in particular.
- Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA) - An important omega-3 nutrient needed by the body for the role it plays in maintaining healthy and supple joints, circulation and heart health.
Why diet alone may not ensure sufficient GLA, DHA, EPA and AA
Unfortunately, the body's conversion of essential fatty acids to LCPUFAs is an inefficient process, especially in the very young and old and during times of stress or illness. However, the biggest contributing factor towards an LCPUFA deficiency is the modern lifestyle and diet:
- High consumption of alcohol, caffeine, saturated fats, sugar, nicotine, and excess cholesterol can affect the efficiency of enzymes and therefore inhibit the manufacture of LCPUFAs in the body.
- An increase in vegetable oil consumption has resulted in excess omega-6 fatty acids in the diet
- An increase in vegetarianism has resulted in an excess of omega-6 fatty acids, while strict vegetarian diets provide no DHA, EPA or AA
- Increases in hydrogenated fats in processed foods has increased trans fatty acid consumption
- Low fish consumption leads to low intakes of the vital LCPUFAs DHA and EPA
- Farmed fish and meat from cattle fattened on cereals rather than grass have less omega-3 LCPUFAs than before
- Over the years, breast milk composition has changed and mother's milk now has less DHA and more omega-6 fatty acids.
The importance of Evening Primrose Oil and Fish Oil
The impaired conversion of the parent essential fatty acids means their LCPUFA derivatives GLA, EPA, DHA and AA need to be supplied pre-formed in the diet, and many years of research have pointed to Evening Primrose Oil as the most reliable source of GLA. Fish oil from oily fish such as tuna, mackerel, and salmon are a rich source of EPA and DHA.
Take 1 capsule, 1-2 times daily with food or drink.
May cause minor and temporary headache, nausea, diarrhea or other gastrointestinal disturbances that can be avoided by a lower initial dose. Consult a health care practitioner if symptoms persist. Discontinue use if skin rash develops or worsens. Store in a cool, dry place. Keep out of reach of children. Security sealed for your protection. Do not use if seal is missing or damaged.
||Amount Per Serving
||% Daily Value|
|Calories From Fat
|Vitamin E (as d-alpha-tocopherol)
|Efamol Evening Primrose Oil (Oenothera biennis)
|Linoleic Acid (LA)
|Gamma-Linolenic Acid (GLA)
|*Percent Daily Value based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
+Daily Value not established.
Other Ingredients: Capsule shell (gelatin, glycerin), soybean oil.
Contains: Soybean oil.
For over 25 years, Efamol has led the international field in the scientific research and development of essential fatty acid (EFAs) health supplements.
Efamol specialises in essential fatty acid (EFAs) based products, the so called "good fats" that are essential for the healthy functioning of every cell in the human body. These "good fats" are from the Omega-3 and Omega-6 families of nutrients and are sourced from high quality fish oils and evening primrose oil. Since it's inception Efamol has developed a specialised range of fatty acid based products that span a number of health sectors such as heart, brain, eye and hormonal health. Even our name demonstrates our commitment - 'Efamol' comes from the term Essential Fatty Acid MOLecule.
P.O. Box 73