Nutrex Hawaii Pure Hawaiian Spirulina Pacifica Powder - 16 oz.
Nutrex Hawaii Pure Hawaiian Spirulina Pacifica Powder is a unique superior strain of Spirulina with the highest known nutritional content in the world. It's all natural, 100% vegetarian, Kosher Certified, and Non-GMO. It's the only Spirulina cultured in a Biosecure Zone free of herbicides and pesticides on the sunny Kona coast of Hawaii. Hawaiian Spirulina Pacifica thrives in ponds fed with 100% fresh potable water from Hawaiian aquifers and pure, deep ocean water drawn from 2000 feet below the surface of the Pacific Ocean. This ultra-pure, deep ocean water enriches Hawaiian Spirulina Pacifica with 94 trace minerals and is a unique natural resource used in our patented Ocean Chill Drying technology which ensures maximum nutrient potency. The Pure Hawaiian Spirulina Pacifica 16 oz powder bottle lets you apply the nutrients and healing powers of Spirulina into your daily diet. Sprinkle it on food or mix in juice or a smoothie
More Details About Hawaiian Spirulina Pacifica
As one of the most nutritious, concentrated whole food known to humankind, one 3 gram serving of Hawaiian Spirulina Pacifica provides:
60% protein and an excellent source of Vitamins A, K1, K2, B12, Iron, Manganese, and Chromium
Rich source of health giving-phytonutrients such as carotenoids, GLA, SOD, and phycocyanin
More nutrition gram per gram than any other Spirulina on the market
Hawaiian Spirulina is packed with nutrients, gram per gram it has:
3100% more beta-carotene than carrots
5500% more iron than spinach
600% more protein than tofu
280% more antioxidants than blueberries
Hawaiian Spirulina also provides numerous nutritional benefits"
Strengthens the immune system
Boosts energy levels
Supports cellular health
Supports cardiovascular, eye, and brain health
Nutrex Hawaii Questions & Answers
What is Spirulina?
Spirulina is microscopic blue green vegetable microalgae that grow naturally in fresh water ponds and lakes in warm, sunny environments. Spirulina has been used as a food source for centuries. It is considered the most complete naturally cultivated nutrient in the world, and Hawaiian Spirulina has approximately double the levels of key nutrients compared to other brands.
- Approx. 60% complete digestible protein - it contains every essential amino acid
- Contains more carotenoids than any other whole food and an excellent source of Vitamins A, K, B12 and Iron, Manganese and Chromium
- Best wholefood source of gamma linoleic acid (GLA) - an essential fatty acid, necessary for human health. It plays a crucial role in brain function as well as normal growth and development.
- Rich in vitamins, minerals, trace elements, chlorophyll and enzymes
What are the benefits of using Spirulina?
In addition to being a wonderful source of protein, Spirulina contains more carotenoids than any other whole food. It is also rich in anti-oxidants and phytonutrients. There is overwhelming clinical evidence to show that Hawaiian Spirulina Pacifica will support cardiovascular, eye and brain health, boost immunity, boost energy levels, support healthy skin and combat age related macular degeneration.
How is Hawaiian Spirulina Pacifica grown?
Hawaiian Spirulina Pacifica is the only Spirulina cultivated in a Biosecure Zone, certified free of pesticides, herbicides and industrial pollutants in Kona, Hawaii, the sunniest coast in the USA. Each pond is fed with 100% potable drinking water from Hawaiian aquifers and pure deep ocean water with 94 beneficial trace minerals. It is guaranteed GMO Free and non-irradiated.
Who should use Hawaiian Spirulina Pacifica?
Everyone! Hawaiian Spirulina Pacifica is an ideal food supplement for people of all ages and lifestyles. While we all strive to eat a well-balanced diet, our active lifestyles and easy access to processed food often prevent us from getting all the nutrition we need to maintain our health. The National Research Council Committee on Diet and Health recommends that we eat 5-9 servings of fruit and vegetables a day. One serving of Hawaiian Spirulina Pacifica has the equivalent of 5 servings of fruits and vegetables and more nutrition than any other single whole food.
What makes Hawaiian Spirulina Pacifica different from other Spirulina brands?
The key factors that make Spirulina Pacifica unique are:
- Continuous cultivation - Since 1985, Nutrex Hawaiian Spirulina Pacifica has been in constant production 12 months out of the year - creating a superior strain of Spirulina with the highest levels of key nutrients of any Spirulina in the world.
- Location - the only Spirulina grown on the pristine coast of Kona, Hawaii, a site with more coastal sunlight than any other area of the United States. Constant exposure to sunlight ensures high levels of carotenoids are present in the Spirulina.
- Water - Nutrex Hawaiian Spirulina Pacifica is cultivated in open ponds using a combination of 100% fresh potable water from Hawaiian aquifers and ultra-pure, deep ocean water. The ocean water enriches Spirulina Pacifica with 94 minerals and trace elements. (All other Spirulina farms use river water or irrigation water for cultivation.)
- Patented Drying System - Nutrex Hawaii developed Ocean Chill Drying especially to eliminate the oxidation of carotenes, enzymes and fatty acids that occurs in standard dryers. The closed system process takes 3-7 seconds and uses less than one percent oxygen to preserve the phytonutrients. This patented system relies on very cold deep ocean water to provide dehumidification and is unique to Hawaiian Spirulina.
What are some of the key nutrients in Hawaiian Spirulina Pacifica?
It is a complete protein with high levels of anti-oxidants, vitamins and phytochemicals including:
- Beta Carotene - Necessary for healthy skin, good vision, and a healthy immune system.
- Vitamin B12 - An essential vitamin required for proper red blood cell formation, neurological function, and DNA synthesis.
- Vitamin K1 & Vitamin K2 - Essential vitamins known to promote blood clotting and support bone health. Recent studies have confirmed that Vitamin K2 may help osteoporosis and cardiovascular diseases.
- Superoxide Dismutase (SOD) - An enzyme that acts as both an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory in the body, neutralizing free radicals and helping to repair cells, for age related degeneration.
- Zeaxanthin - A carotenoid and powerful antioxidant that fights free radical damage with specific benefits for eye and cellular health.
- Phycocyanin - The blue pigment color in nature, only found in Spirulina. Support kidney, liver and brain health.
- Iron - Essential in the formation of red blood cells and transportation of oxygen throughout the body. Iron assists the memory and helps build resistance to infection, stress and disease.
Should I be concerned about the high amount of Vitamin A in Hawaiian Spirulina?
No, the Vitamin A activity of Hawaiian Spirulina comes from natural beta carotene. Beta carotene is a precursor to Vitamin A--the human body converts beta carotene into Vitamin A on an as-needed basis. There is no toxicity level for beta carotene, so there is no need to worry about taking too much.
Are the Spirulina tablets absorbed by the body as well as the powder is?
In terms of absorption, the tablets take longer to breakdown once ingested, but this can actually be a good thing. There are many enzymes in Hawaiian Spirulina (for example SOD or Super Oxide Dismutase, which is an outstanding antioxidant the human body actually produces itself as a defense mechanism against harmful reactive oxygen species). Enzymes are often destroyed by stomach acids during digestion, but the beautiful thing about taking Spirulina in tablets is that they are only partially digested in the stomach, and then complete digestion in the intestines. In the intestines there are no stomach acids present, so you can get the full benefit of these vital enzymes.
Why don't they cultivate Chlorella?
Spirulina offers a much broader array of nutritional benefit than chlorella. Their feeling is, "Why should we cultivate the second best Superfood when we already cultivate the best?"
How do you store Spirulina?
The single most important thing you can do to preserve Spirulina once it has been opened is to refrigerate it, if kept cold (or even frozen) there should be a negligible loss of nutrients. If a 5lb. bag is ordered they recommend filling up a smaller jar for daily use and storing the remainder of the bag in an air tight zip lock bag in your refrigerator.
Can children take Hawaiian Spirulina?
Hawaiian Spirulina is just a food and can be given to children. In fact, it's a great benefit to children who don't like to eat vegetables. The powder can be easily mixed in a smoothie or a shake. Depending on the age of the child, the dosage should be decreased from that of an adult which is one teaspoon or six 500mg tablets.
Can pregnant woman take Spirulina Pacifica?
Yes. The key things in Spirulina for pregnant and nursing mothers are iron, calcium and protein and most important the bioavailability of all the nutrition. As always please discuss your Spirulina use with your primary care doctor or practitioner.
Does Hawaiian Spirulina contain Iodine?
The small amount of Spirulina consumed daily plus the fact that iodine occurs in only trace quantities makes the Spirulina's iodine most likely no problem for people with hypothyroidism. A daily serving of 3 grams of Spirulina provides approximately 15mcg (micrograms) of iodine which is ten percent of the US recommended daily intake for iodine (150mcg)
Since Hawaiian Spirulina contains iron and is a source of vitamin K1 & K2, is it safe for anyone to take, regardless of their age?
Spirulina is safe for all ages, however if you are taking any perscription or over-the-counter medication, They suggest you consult your physician.
What Makes Nutrex Hawaii Products Unique?
Situated on the bright, sunny Kona coast, their farm receives more sunlight than any other coastal location in the United States enabling Nutrex Hawaiian Spirulina Pacifica to grow continuously for 12 months a year. Their ponds have been in operation since 1985. What does that mean for the consumer? More nutrition. Spirulina Pacifica has evolved into a nutritionally superior strain after more than 25 years of continuous cultivation in the intense Hawaiian sun.
Nutrex Hawaii is the only microalgae farm located in a "BioSecure Zone" that prohibits the use of harmful pesticides and genetically modified organisms. What does that mean for the consumer? Their Hawaiian Spirulina Pacifica and BioAstin Hawaiian Astaxanthin products are grown without using any harmful pesticides, herbicides and they do not generate land erosion or water pollution. Their products are safe, pure and guaranteed GMO Free.
100% Potable Drinking Water
Their products are grown with 100% potable drinking water. This water is collected from the Big Island's pristine aquifer. After being natural filtered through lava rock, this water is as fresh as it gets. To minimize water waste and return essential nutrients back into their growing ponds, the majority of the fresh water is recycled and returned to the pond for the next growing cycle. This process contributes to providing the world's most nutritious Spirulina.
Ultra-Pure Deep Ocean Water
Five percent ocean water is added to the growing media for Hawaiian Spirulina Pacifica. It is the only cultured microalgae grown with ultra-pure deep ocean water pumped up from a depth of 2000 feet below sea level. What does that mean for the consumer? Hawaiian Spirulina Pacifica is enriched with all 94 minerals and trace elements including magnesium and calcium.
Ocean Chill Drying
Nutrex Hawaii's patented Ocean Chill Drying system eliminates oxidation and damage to carotenoids, enzymes and other fragile nutrients that occur in standard drying methods. What does that mean for the consumer? Nutritional content that you can rely on. This patented system dries their Spirulina in just 3-7 seconds, relies on very cold deep ocean water to provide de-humidification, and uses less than one percent oxygen to preserve the phytonutrients. And because of their superior packaging, their Spirulina arrives to the consumer as fresh as the day it was harvested.
Environmental Responsibility & Sustainability
Nutrex Hawaii's corporate philosophy is to leave the land and environment in better condition than when they started. What does this mean for the consumer? You can feel good about purchasing products from a company that does everything possible to protect the environment.
About Nutrex Hawaii
Nutrex Hawaii was founded in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii in 1990 by Dr. Gerald Cysewski, a world-renowned expert in microalgae and carotenoids. Their mission is to utilize the benefits of microalgae to improve health and extend lives in the world wide community. Carved out of land that was once a barren lava flow, Nutrex Hawaii is located on the pristine Kona coast on the Big Island of Hawaii. Their farm draws on the natural resources that surround them - abundant warm sunlight, pure deep ocean water and 100% fresh water drawn from Hawaiian aquifers.