Foam Roller Full Round- 36"X 4" by SPRI
SPRI Full Round Foam Roller 36" X 4" (inch)
SPRI Full Round Foam Roller 36" X 4" is a simple,effective balance and alignment tool for developing core stabilization, lower body balance, stamina and body awareness. May also be used for gentle stretching and self mobilization of joints ans spine. The foam roller should be an integral part of every athlete's daily routine. Regular use of the roller can be beneficial for enhancing performance, preventing injuries, and expediting injury recovery. It is a great way to warm up cold muscles for deep, specific stretching, as well as a way to warm up muscles before activity. The roller is also an effective way to loosen up muscles, such as the IT Band and shin muscles, that may be difficult to access with conventional stretches, as well as focusing on tight knots or bands within a muscle. Furthermore, the roller helps to act as an early indicator of when muscles are beginning to tighten up even though you may not feel any tightness when performing an activity. In order to get the most effective results, use the roller prior to stretching. We have included a list of areas that may benefit from the use of the roller as well as effective positions foraccessing these areas. There are certain areas where it is important to simply place the roller and apply pressure rather than rolling over the tissuse.
From gentle stretching to challenging balance and strength conditioning, the Foam Roller is one peice of equipment that offers you an array of exercise options. SPRI Foam Roller is a simple, effective balance and alignment tool for developing core stabilization, lower body balance and stamina, and body awareness while also adding a balance challenge to traditional floor exercises while improving posture and body alignment. Dense Foam provides firm, yet comfortable support. Sturdy construction stands up to repeated use. Extra long length accommodates various body types. Includes instruction sheet with 6 different exercises.
Foam rollers can be used for stretching. This partner free hands free technique is known as myofascial release. Generally the bigger rollers are more versatile. Use of the rollers can be for rehab, prevention, and management of chronic problems. The Golgi Tendon Organ, which senses tension and rate of tension change in muscle, responds to high or prolonged tension by causing the Muscle Spindles to relax the agonist (muscle being worked on). This response is caused by your body weight resting against the foam roller. If you have tight muscles or a sore back, but no time to get to a massage therapist, you should look into purchasing a foam roller. These are usually found in physical therapy clinics, but can also be used in the gym or at home to help release tight muscles and help with deep tissue massage.
Always stay on the muscle tissue and do not roll on tendons, joints, or bony structures. Do not roll over areas that are too painful or that don't roll smoothly. It is more effective to start by placing the roller on the sensitive or knotted spot and gradually increasing the amount of pressure. Remain on the tight spot until the muscle releases but no longer than one minute. Always roll before stretching.
Use SPRI Foam roller to build strength, improve balance,increase stamina, define your abdominal muscles. Improve muscle flexibility and joint mobility with safe, comfortable and effective stretching activities. With so many different applications, this versatile tool is perfect for all fitness levels.
- Perform 5-10 minutes of rhythmic movement warm-up and flexibility activities before each exercise session.
- Complete 1 set of 3-5 repetitions of each lengthening exercise selected. Hold the end-point of each lengthening exercise for 10-30 seconds.
- Complete 1-3 sets of 8-12 repetitions of each strengthening exercise selected. Hold the end-point of each strengthening exercise for 1-2 seconds.
- Rest approximately 30-60 seconds between each exercise set.
- Perform an equal number of exercise repetitions with each side of the body to avoid the development of joint range of motion and muscle imbalances.
- Perform each exercise with good control through a full range of motion.
- If over-challenged and unable to perform a lengthening exercise for a minimum of (10) seconds, or a strengthening exercise for (8) repetitions with good control, choose a foam roller providing a "lesser" degree of difficulty. Other options include resting for a longer period of time between exercise sets or eliminating the use of the foam roller(s) for a period of time.
- If under-challenged following the completion of a set of a lengthening exercise for 30 seconds or a strengthening exercise for 12 repetitions, choose a foam roller providing a "greater" degree of difficulty Other options include resting for a shorter period of time between exercise sets or increasing the number of exercise repetitions.
- Perform each exercise a maximum of 2-3 times per week.
- Allow 24-48 hours of complete rest between each foam roller exercise session. Using Foam Roller for Myofacial Release:
Find a tender spot in the area you are working on and keep roller on this spot. Wait for the discomfort to diminish by 50-75%. This could take some time and be uncomfortable. When this area is no longer sensitive then begin to see if there are other sensitive areas and repeat. When the area is free of pain and can be rolled over, then continue rolling regularly to keep the area relaxed.
Use the roller as warm-up prior to activity and also for warm down after workout.
SPRI Products, Inc. is the leading manufacturer and distributor of rubberized resistance exercise products for the health and fitness industry. SPRI designs and produces innovative rubber resistance exercise products and has led the way in popularizing rubberized resistance workouts.
As the pioneer of this simple, but effective method of strength training, toning and building lean muscle tissue, SPRI has remained on the cutting edge of today's exercise trends. SPRI continues to expand into related markets as new applications are discovered and professional and consumer interest builds.
As the fitness industry continues to evolve and move toward convenience and affordability, our line of products has grown to include educational materials, instructional manuals and videos, fitness equipment and accessories.
Their Mission Statement
They strive tocreate, design and provide state-of-the-art resistance exercise products, never losing sight that their most important goal is customer satisfaction. Their products are of the highest quality and are backed by market research, education and strategic alliances that generate and maintain customer loyalty. They will accomplish their mission by continuing their partnership philosophy with their employees, sales reps, vendors, workshop presenters and customers. They will continue to conduct their business with same spirit and morals that of resistive exercise products to the fitness professional, exercise enthusiast and fitness industry.
1769 Northwind Blvd.
The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product reviews are their own and not necessarily those of LuckyVitamin.com. LuckyVitamin.com does not endorse or imply any medical claims from these reviews. These reviews should not be taken as recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Reviews are not intended as a substitute for appropriate medical care or advice and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Read the full product reviews disclaimer here.