Now Foods D-Flame - 90 Vegetarian Capsules
Now Foods D Flame is a synergistic blend of herbs that can reduce the occasional minor pain resulting from over-exertion or stress. Now Foods D Flame is an all natural product that can be part of a nutritional program for pain management. Now Foods D-Flame contains a potent combination of antioxidants that contribute to heart health and proper immune function. Now Foods DFlame can be used daily for the support of vascular and general health, or occasionally to alleviate aches and pains associated with daily life.What is D-Flame?
NOW FoodsD-Flame is a synergistic blend of herbs that can reduce the occasional minor pain resulting from over-exertion or stress. In addition, NOW Foods D-Flame contains a potent combination of antioxidants that contributes to heart health and proper immune system function. This formula can be used daily for the support of vascular and general health or, occasionally, to alleviate the aches and pains associated with daily life. What do COX-2 and 5-LOX have to do with pain?
Scientific research has defined naturally occurring enzymes known as Cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) and 5-Lipoxygenase (5-LOX) which are implicated in a number of inflammatory conditions. Unlike its more benign and protective sister COX-1, the harmful COX- 2 enzyme is present only during periods of inflammation. COX-2 and 5-LOX form the destructive duo responsible for the production of the pro-inflammatory type of mediators called eicocasonoids; specifically prostaglandins PGE-2 and leukotrienes. Those suffering with pain have used non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) that are available over the counter. These medications work by inhibiting the formation of the COX enzymes. The problem is that most NSAIDs block both the harmful COX-2 and the helpful COX-1 enzymes. The COX-1 enzyme functions as a protective mechanism for stomach lining. Long term inhibition of this vital COX-1 enzyme by overuse of these drugs has caused many gastric disorders, including bleeding ulcers. These plants have been used for generations by the native peoples of various countries. Over time, researchers have discovered natural compounds in a number of different plant sources that can significantly support the body’s response to inflammatory conditions and reduce these undesirable enzymes.Which plant extracts are in D-Flame and what do they do?
- Holy Basil Extract (Ocimum sanctum) - Holy Basil is an annual herb native to India. Considered a sacred herb by the Hindus, it’s used in Ayurvedic medicine for a number of different conditions. Holy Basil contains the natural compound ursolic acid, which helps to support immune system function and has proven useful in modulating COX-2 & 5-LOX enzymes.
- Turmeric Extract (Curcuma longa) - Turmeric is a perennial plant found primarily in southern and eastern Asia. A spice, it’s one of the most popular and widely used herbs in Ayurvedic medicine. The active component in Turmeric is curcumin, which is a potent antioxidant compound that provides outstanding benefits against COX-2 & 5-LOX.
- Ginger Extract (Zingiber officinale) - One of the most popular and widely used herbs today, the spice Ginger is an important part of many different Asian medical systems. Primarily used to detoxify the body and calm the stomach, Ginger also supports circulation and has a beneficial effect on COX-2 & 5-LOX.
- Green Tea (Camellia sinensis) - Green Tea contains a veritable treasure trove of antioxidant compounds includi:" ":ee is native to India and yields a gummy resin with a wide variety of applications. One of the most widely-used herbs in Ayurvedic medicine, Boswellin contains boswellic acids, which support healthy circulation and work to deactivate certain chemical triggers often associated with COX-2 & 5-LOX.
- Bromelain - Bromelain is a compound extracted from pineapples that research shows has a number of beneficial effects in dealing with COX-2 & 5-LOX. Bromelain works by breaking down and removing proteins in damaged tissues.
D-Flame also contains Baikal Skullcap, Resveratrol and Berberine, other complementary natural compounds. NOW's Mission
The NOW mission is - To provide value in products and services that empower people to lead healthier lives. NOW Foods is an award-winning and highly respected manufacturer of vitamins, minerals, dietary supplements and natural foods.
In 1948, with the natural food and supplement industry in its infancy, entrepreneur Paul Richard paid $900 for the purchase of Fearn Soya Foods—a Chicago based manufacturer of grain and legume-based products. This began a six-decade legacy of providing health-seeking consumers with high-quality, affordable nutrition products. History of NOW
In 1968, NOW Foods was founded under the belief that good health was not a luxury available only to the wealthy. For the past forty years, NOW has made it their life's work to offer health food and nutritional supplements of the highest quality, at prices that are fair and affordable to all those who seek them. Today, NOW Foods is one of the top-selling brands in health foods stores, an award-winning manufacturer, a respected advocate of the natural product industry, and a leader in the fields of nutritional science and methods development. And while NOW has grown considerably over the past four decades, one thing has never changed – NOW's commitment to providing products and services that empower people to lead healthier lives.NOW Commitments
- Customer Focused and Information Driven - NOW believes that their products, services, and the decisions they make should be primarily influenced by the desires and needs of NOW customers. The decisions that NOW makes should be based on accurate information and therefore NOW places a high value on knowledge and learning within their organization.
- Quality and Value Oriented - Acting in the best interest of NOW customers, NOW endeavors to produce the highest quality products at competitive prices. NOW's first priority is to maintain quality where it counts the most – in the products. NOW's exceptional cost-conscious team of employees then focuses their energies on driving costs down. Nurturing this competency of value drives NOW's ability to provide high quality products at the very best prices.
- Natural is Better - NOW is convinced that natural products are better than their synthetic counterparts and produce better results in human health. Therefore, wherever possible, NOW strives to provide products that contain natural ingredients because they are better for their customers.
NOW's experienced professional and technical staff formulates their products to be of the highest quality. NOW has a group of biochemists, chemists, nutritionists, and food technologists who review current science and nutritional parameters, and formulate our products to be effective for the intended use. NOW's structure/function claims are based on science for active ingredients, and on nutritional science for nutritional content. Serving sizes are based on doses:" ":ess in clinical trials and laboratory studies. The heart of NOW science is third party independent research. NOW investigates and review clinical studies and other lab studies conducted on their ingredients and their formulas. Best science is used to support best formulations which lead to best quality. NOW products are constantly being tested in clinical trials conducted at top universities and research centers around the country and in various parts of the world. NOW products are being tested to determine such things as effectiveness for joint support, quality of life for cancer patients, cardiovascular support, and athletic endurance. Effective products mean health and wellness benefits, which mean quality.GMP Quality Assured
NOW’s GMP certification covers standard operating procedures, employee training, product specifications, expiration dating, vendor certifications and much more. Standard operating procedures include sampling and testing incoming materials according to NOW Foods specifications, inspecting manufacturing processes, and testing finished products to specifications. Tests include organoleptic evaluation (human senses such as sight, taste, smell), physical testing of tablets and capsules, chemical identity of ingredients, potency and contamination testing by the company’s in-house state-of-the-art analytical testing lab, as well as microbiological testing by NOW Foods’ in-house rapid analysis microbiological lab.