1. Unpack the product. Wipe off dust with a damp cloth.
2. Familiarize yourself with the pump. The pump speed is controlled by the switch located at the front of the pump. The speed is indicated by a plus (+) and minus (-) sign. To increase the speed, move the switch slowly downward in the direction of the plus sign. You will hear a click as the switch moves to each speed level. At its highest speed level, the switch will cease to move any further. To decrease the pump speed, move the switch upward toward the minus sign. Similarly, at its lowest speed, the switch will cease to move any further.
NOTE: It is recommended the pump be set at its highest speed during assembly and later adjusted to a lower setting if desired. Be sure to unplug the pump before adjusting the speed setting.
3. Lead the cord through the cord slot on the bottom of the Base (A). This will ensure that the unit is balanced when placed on a flat surface. Attach the A/C adaptor jack to the base power cord. DO NOT plug into outlet at this time.
4. Slide the waterproof light into the socket clip attached at the inner side of the slate holder (C).
5. Attach the large end of the tube to the connector located under the Top Slate (B).
6. Take the tube on the bottom side of the Top Slate (B) and place it through the Slate Holder (C). Place this all the way so that you can see the tube through the opening on the back of the Slate Holder (C).
NOTE: When placing the top slate (B) onto the slate holder (C) be sure to line up the top slate notches with the slate holder cut-outs.
7. Place the Slate Holder (C) with the Top Slate attached (B) evenly across the Base (A). Connect the small end of the tube to the pump.
NOTE: When placing slate holder (C) onto Base (A), be sure to line up the opening of slate holder (C) with the notches on Base (A).
8. Insert the Slate (D) into the “U” shaped slot (lowest) on the back of the Slate Holder (C), to cover the pump. Insert Slates (E, F, G) into the Slate Holder as illustrated in the diagram.
NOTE: This is the slate positioning that we recommend. The slates are interchangeable and will fit into any of the slots on the Slate Holder. The slates can be arranged differently - by pulling the slates in or out - the fountain will produce different water patterns and sounds.
9. Arrange the stones provided onto the base and slates.
10. Look through the opening on the back of the slate holder and fill the entire bottom of the base, up to the bottom Slate Holder, with clean water. Water should be visible through the back opening in the slate holder but should not be rising above the bottom of the Slate Holder.
11.Plug the cord into 120V household outlet. The fountain is controlled by the switch located on the power cord. If pump doesn’t operate, rotate in-line switch once to turn “on” and once more to turn “off”.
NOTE: Ensure that the electrical cord loops below the electrical outlet to form a ‘Drip Loop’. This will prevent water from running down the cord into the electrical outlet.
- To clean the pump: Unplug from electrical outlet. Remove it from the base of the fountain. Use a small brush or stream of water to remove any debris.
- To keep water clean: Periodically change water and clean the product according to the water condition. Keeping the water clean prevents the water from becoming sticky and forming micro-organisms.
- To clean off hard water deposits on the base or rocks: Soak the container and rocks in a mixture of vinegar and water to clean and remove any mineral build-up.
- Keeping the water at an optimum level: Add water periodically to keep water level at an optimum level to avoid shortening the life of the pump. NOTE: Never let the pump run dry, as this will shorten the life of the pump.
- Fountain Storage - Unplug the fountain from the electrical outlet, empty the water, and store rocks and fountain in a dry, cool place.
- Changing Light bulb - First unplug fountain and let bulb cool down. Remove the bulb cover by holding glass bulb cover in dry hand and rubber neck with other hand. Slowly pull apart. Slight twisting may help to loosen. Be gentle with bulb cover since it is glass. Never pull on cord. Next pull bulb straight out and replace with new bulb, inserting prongs into the holes. Replace bulb cover securely.